Great win!

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Danny Boy
Verified

Great win!

Post by Danny Boy » 21 Mar 2015, 00:14

Well done to all 17 tonight, but especially Shenny who was very brave coming back from his injury and held nothing back!
Some great touches from Ben Roberts and heroic performances from Millo & Massey!
COYF!!!
Danny Boy

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Great win!

Post by Aid » 21 Mar 2015, 00:26

Yes the much maligned Massey (on this board anyway) had a cracking game. Shenny was back to his England form.
And the attendance was up by about a thousand on last year.
cum on you Ford

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 21 Mar 2015, 00:26

Finny was my MOM, thought after a difficult game last week he came up with the goods, had a hand in several of tonight's tries, bagged one himself, and his kicking game was much much better, aided by Roberts who looked the business when he came on, something to build on going into next week, which should be a belter of a crowd and game. COYF !!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Mar 2015, 00:31

I think most coaches in super league know what a tough gig it is to come to cas that home form will stand us in good stead
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Mar 2015, 00:56

Massey,roberts,milner and wheeldon all had very good games,will keep a few quiet for awhile

Shennys try a real peach

Poor rangi ;)
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Wf10Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wf10Tiger » 21 Mar 2015, 01:23

Can we all just spare a moment and think about Junior Sau for a moment. Feel so sorry for the bloke. Justin gave him about 5 different injuries!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Mar 2015, 01:38

All played very well, can't think of a single bad performance . Fowards muscled up extremely well - thought we might struggle in that area. Millo obviously very good. Massey did a good stint and long minutes. Holmes looked more like his old self. Moors was clearly injured but carried on bravely. Cook grafted.

Our back line was very good and key in my opinion. James Claire excellent , his cover tackle on BJB was excellent and a key moment for me. Carney worked hard and earned a place in Junior Saus nightmares (seems to enjoy giving him a hard time - remember the big hit last season), Websters best game for a while and Shenton showed how important he is, dangerous, effective and gives us a bit more spark. Thought Roberts was very good at full back too and looked to be enjoying it - he certainly has some attributes which seemed to suit the full back role.

Hslfs wise -Gale was good and thought Finn had a blinder (brilliant play for 1st half Shenton try).

Also good to see Milner put in a good stint.

Though Hicks helped them out on a few occasions leading to tries otherwise would have been a more convincing scoreline. And on a side note thought Salford look very unfit - maybe we just took it out of them.

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 21 Mar 2015, 12:16

yer good win,personaly i thought they would get beat. alot of positives and the only negative was luke gales kicking for 2 points which was very poor, with no wind as well! could cost us in more tighter games.we need to address this quickly! overall tho im more positive than negative about the team now!

Evatiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Evatiger » 21 Mar 2015, 12:35

1 point off 4th now.amazing what a win can do.same again next Friday and set us up for a more than beatable rhinos good friday

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 21 Mar 2015, 13:13

classysupercas wrote:yer good win,personaly i thought they would get beat. alot of positives and the only negative was luke gales kicking for 2 points which was very poor, with no wind as well! could cost us in more tighter games.we need to address this quickly! overall tho im more positive than negative about the team now!
It was one game,he had a brilliant kicking game against wigan,these things happen
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 21 Mar 2015, 15:33

Got to keep the momentum and consistency up now though.