Saints Away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Lech

Re: Saints Away

Post by Lech » 02 Mar 2015, 21:40

Not sure if this is the right thread or even forum for this, but here goes. My eldest is 17. Cas had the forethought to encourage youth to enjoy rugby league and extended the junior season ticket age to 18. Accordingly we went to Saint Helens on a junior swap where a very matter of fact, unapologetic scouse-ish girl stopped him upon entry and ordered that we pay £15 for what they call a 'young adult' ticket. A few things wrong here, the inclusion of 'adult' in the wording is pretty ludicrous. No one is an adult until they are 18, junior or otherwise. It is pretty backward looking on the part of St Helens, surely the antidote to half empty stadia can't be charging kids (or their parents) in full time education three quarters of full price? I'm sure there's an argument to say it's feet on the terrace so they need to be paid for, but it smacks of blatant profiteering. So this is a cautionary tale for parents of 'young adults', because I fear word may be around, particularly among the 'Big Clubs' at away games this season. Take plenty money, or buy a young adult ticket in advance.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Saints Away

Post by Ish.man » 02 Mar 2015, 21:53

Lech wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread or even forum for this, but here goes. My eldest is 17. Cas had the forethought to encourage youth to enjoy rugby league and extended the junior season ticket age to 18. Accordingly we went to Saint Helens on a junior swap where a very matter of fact, unapologetic scouse-ish girl stopped him upon entry and ordered that we pay £15 for what they call a 'young adult' ticket. A few things wrong here, the inclusion of 'adult' in the wording is pretty ludicrous. No one is an adult until they are 18, junior or otherwise. It is pretty backward looking on the part of St Helens, surely the antidote to half empty stadia can't be charging kids (or their parents) in full time education three quarters of full price? I'm sure there's an argument to say it's feet on the terrace so they need to be paid for, but it smacks of blatant profiteering. So this is a cautionary tale for parents of 'young adults', because I fear word may be around, particularly among the 'Big Clubs' at away games this season. Take plenty money, or buy a young adult ticket in advance.
My 17 year old was fine and I wouldn't have gone otherwise if I had to pay for my tribe who all have junior tickets within the age parameters of the club. I must have been lucky I have always thought of this with the age been pushed up to 18 on junior tickets. Perhaps the club will need to do young adult swaps for the 18 year old junior ticket holders.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)