Saints Away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Saints Away

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Feb 2015, 19:30

the machine wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Aid wrote:
KB80 wrote:Phew - I'm just relieved Nathan Massey has made the cut. He is undoubtedly the perfect antidote to the size and power of Masoe, Walmsley and Amor. I had feared that he may have been overlooked!

On a serious note DP obviously knows a he'll of a lot more than me but I don't get his preference of Massey over some of our other options, suspect if Cook and Mckmeeken are playing as indicated Massey may be cut. Thought Wheeldon went well against Catalan.
Massey had an excellent game, again!
Really??? Holmes, Millington, Boyle and Moors were all better than Massey last night.
40 tackles last night
Conveniently not mentioning the 10 missed tackles ;)

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 28 Feb 2015, 19:32

Depends how bad Lynch is injury is. Think a few said this before season started but we are at least one prop light for me. Would prefer Wheeldon in the team to Boyle or Massey (despite last nights pretty good performance) but may find he has to come in for Lynch (or to back row with massey at prop) at this rate. Would like to see Millo back to back row but unlikely at moment.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Feb 2015, 20:27

Fumper27 wrote:[quote="the machine]

40 tackles last night
Conveniently not mentioning the 10 missed tackles ;)[/quote][/quote]

He missed 1

Hoggy motm for most and he missed 5
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 28 Feb 2015, 21:04

the machine wrote:

40 tackles last night
[/quote]

He missed 1

Hoggy motm for most and he missed 5[/quote][/quote][/quote]

yep, missed 1. MI is missed tackles, MT is marker tackles. surprised how bad scott moores stats look as he seemed to be in the thick of things attack and defence.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Feb 2015, 21:36

Just seen the Catalan v Wire result. It really puts into context our performances so far this season. It is very early days and even the teams who have picked up all the stars from last year that we are missing so much apparently, Huby, Ellis, Sneyd, Clark etc are misfiring too. We need time to settle. We misfired finishing yesterday, but an under strength pack stood up well both in defence and going forward and we showed in all three games that we are capable of scoring spectacular tries. Powell knows we are misfiring, but aren't far off and I totally agree

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Feb 2015, 22:29

the machine wrote:

40 tackles last night
[/quote]

He missed 1

Oops

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Feb 2015, 23:21

Fumper27 wrote:
the machine wrote:

40 tackles last night

He missed 1

Oops[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

:lol:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 01 Mar 2015, 03:47

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Just seen the Catalan v Wire result. It really puts into context our performances so far this season. It is very early days and even the teams who have picked up all the stars from last year that we are missing so much apparently, Huby, Ellis, Sneyd, Clark etc are misfiring too. We need time to settle. We misfired finishing yesterday, but an under strength pack stood up well both in defence and going forward and we showed in all three games that we are capable of scoring spectacular tries. Powell knows we are misfiring, but aren't far off and I totally agree
Yea it does put it into context. Catalans knew how to play against a weary team. We didn't.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Mar 2015, 18:34

Wire had a lot more rest than Saints so don't accept that at this stage of the season weariness is an excuse

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 01 Mar 2015, 19:04

Understanding the relative impact of fatigue is difficult from game to game. It's easy to find some sort of reason to suit an argument, scenario or excuse for any team being beaten. Pies surely can't still have been suffering it & they've surprisingly gone down today at KR ... Pussies have been trollied at Widnes so does that make us any worse a team? All I do know is in our schedule we're now starting to drop on teams at exactly the wrong time ... Pies will be smarting & looking for a performance next Friday, Giants probably looking to do the same the week after.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Mar 2015, 19:19

I suppose if they are going to use it to perform, we should be doing the same

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 02 Mar 2015, 08:27

Re the Saints game - Cunningham is questioning the ruck speed and how we slowed them down here :-

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/sai ... s/11825305._/

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 02 Mar 2015, 08:44

Tigerade wrote:Re the Saints game - Cunningham is questioning the ruck speed and how we slowed them down here :-

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport/sai ... s/11825305._/

Really, well that amazes me. I have lost count the amount of times they slowed the ruck down. It's a stupid statement, Leeds complained again last week but they did the exact same. Trouble is you have to give time for tired players to clear the ruck. Abit of Common sense prevails.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 02 Mar 2015, 08:53

All the big teams seem to look devastated when they are close to the opposition line and no points are scored, we seem to be "oh well maybe next time". We need to get a ruthless streak through the team, if you perform badly your replaced. I think we have a big enough squad now to cater for this.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 02 Mar 2015, 09:07

Andrew6666 wrote:All the big teams seem to look devastated when they are close to the opposition line and no points are scored, we seem to be "oh well maybe next time". We need to get a ruthless streak through the team, if you perform badly your replaced. I think we have a big enough squad now to cater for this.
Agree with this, all big team always say they are not at there best when they are ruffed up like Friday night. It's a stupid statement too, CAS were not at there best. That's the game.

Lech

Post by Lech » 02 Mar 2015, 21:40

Not sure if this is the right thread or even forum for this, but here goes. My eldest is 17. Cas had the forethought to encourage youth to enjoy rugby league and extended the junior season ticket age to 18. Accordingly we went to Saint Helens on a junior swap where a very matter of fact, unapologetic scouse-ish girl stopped him upon entry and ordered that we pay £15 for what they call a 'young adult' ticket. A few things wrong here, the inclusion of 'adult' in the wording is pretty ludicrous. No one is an adult until they are 18, junior or otherwise. It is pretty backward looking on the part of St Helens, surely the antidote to half empty stadia can't be charging kids (or their parents) in full time education three quarters of full price? I'm sure there's an argument to say it's feet on the terrace so they need to be paid for, but it smacks of blatant profiteering. So this is a cautionary tale for parents of 'young adults', because I fear word may be around, particularly among the 'Big Clubs' at away games this season. Take plenty money, or buy a young adult ticket in advance.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 02 Mar 2015, 21:53

Lech wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread or even forum for this, but here goes. My eldest is 17. Cas had the forethought to encourage youth to enjoy rugby league and extended the junior season ticket age to 18. Accordingly we went to Saint Helens on a junior swap where a very matter of fact, unapologetic scouse-ish girl stopped him upon entry and ordered that we pay £15 for what they call a 'young adult' ticket. A few things wrong here, the inclusion of 'adult' in the wording is pretty ludicrous. No one is an adult until they are 18, junior or otherwise. It is pretty backward looking on the part of St Helens, surely the antidote to half empty stadia can't be charging kids (or their parents) in full time education three quarters of full price? I'm sure there's an argument to say it's feet on the terrace so they need to be paid for, but it smacks of blatant profiteering. So this is a cautionary tale for parents of 'young adults', because I fear word may be around, particularly among the 'Big Clubs' at away games this season. Take plenty money, or buy a young adult ticket in advance.
My 17 year old was fine and I wouldn't have gone otherwise if I had to pay for my tribe who all have junior tickets within the age parameters of the club. I must have been lucky I have always thought of this with the age been pushed up to 18 on junior tickets. Perhaps the club will need to do young adult swaps for the 18 year old junior ticket holders.