Saints result good or bad?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Saints result good or bad?

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Feb 2015, 12:50

w.hill have cas plus 12 on handicap
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Re: Saints result good or bad?

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 25 Feb 2015, 09:04

Black n Amber wrote:
I of the Tigers wrote:Strangely enough I think the manner of last night's defeat will not have taken as much out of Saints as a closer game may have.
Extract of final sentence from Saints website lead item following last night's game :-
“The players and coaching staff are already back in training and working hard for this Friday’s Super League tie with Castleford Tigers and with your support we’re looking forward to the challenge.”
Id have too agree with this, the contest if you could call it that was over by the interval, at no point did Saints manage to get into the grind, which would of had them exert an awful lot more juice than they did, Cunningham won't need many words of encouragement in the build up to Friday's game, their players have enough character and experience to right some wrongs, for us it's taking that on board and dealing with what answers they come up with, were more than capable of ending our hoodoo over their, but rather than just rolling up hoping to run them down late on, hoping the fatigue factor takes its toll, I think after last nights drubbing, we need to be mentally prepared for Saints best
I Didn't mean for us to just turn up and expect a win after they tire around 60minutes on, if that's how you read it.

I meant for us to put the graft in during the game. So we exasperate any fatigue in the muscles and then exploit this late on. We need to have our kicks turn them round, and defend there 30 like its our try line, so once they've kicked we are starting our set on or around the half way line. Testing their defence and keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Long live the Tigers!!!