Embarrassing?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Embarrassing?

Post by Keithy » 21 Feb 2015, 16:56

No scoreboard working and no announcer at the under 19s this afternoon. great win for the lads but talk about unprofessional by Cas management.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Embarrassing?

Post by old cas lass » 21 Feb 2015, 17:00

Keithy wrote:No scoreboard working and no announcer at the under 19s this afternoon. great win for the lads but talk about unprofessional by Cas management.

You sound like peter smith, all he as done all the game was moan about the scoreboard and not enough team sheets printed.

Or are you peter smith, keithy ;)

Great victory over the loiners 40 28

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Feb 2015, 18:07

Keithy wrote:No scoreboard working and no announcer at the under 19s this afternoon. great win for the lads but talk about unprofessional by Cas management.
Do they use scoreboards when Leeds,Wigan hull,hudds 19s are at home ? No they don't even allow them on their first team pitches.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Feb 2015, 19:33

Don't get the fuss. Scoreboard requires electricity - why waste money on something like that that isn't important for about 200 fans if that.

As for an announcer, you either have to pay someone to do it or ask for someone to volunteer their time. And is it really worth it, again for 200 fans, when most will have a teamsheet and be able to identify players?

If not, remember the number of the player and look at the team on the website/etc when you get back if you want to know.

It's a big fuss over nothing. I'd rather us cut costs where we can and put the money into creating a good team.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Feb 2015, 09:38

Yawn
Yawn
Moan
Moan
FFS

Welshie

Post by Welshie » 22 Feb 2015, 11:01

Totally agree with Keithy. Really poor Cas -no scoreboard,no announcer and no team sheets (and we were in ground half hour before kick off). No one around seemed to have one either. Didn't know who all the players were and got confusing re the score. Great game to watch and well done the Cas lads. Would have been so nice for them to have their names called out and recognition at the time for all the lads on pitch. Frankly thought it was disrespectfull to all on the pitch who put such effort into training when often studying as well.

In terms of cutting costs,as a family we spent plenty on entry ,food and drink and oh yes the parking fee.

Hope this was a one off and it gets sorted for the next academy home game. While I appreciate if you charge a parking fee for these games( and many don't ) you need someone to take the fee but do you really need another person to guide me into a parking space..maybe they would be better used as an announcer

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 22 Feb 2015, 11:25

Excellent post Welshie; factual, objective & common sense. And puts the cost / resource / value into perspective for those critical of you. DP continually refers to the "culture" that has / is being brought to Cas, but clearly that isn't rubbing off / doesn't extend to others' at the club who have the responsibility to shape & influence young hearts & minds.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 22 Feb 2015, 13:33

Welshie wrote:Totally agree with Keithy. Really poor Cas -no scoreboard,no announcer and no team sheets (and we were in ground half hour before kick off). No one around seemed to have one either. Didn't know who all the players were and got confusing re the score. Great game to watch and well done the Cas lads. Would have been so nice for them to have their names called out and recognition at the time for all the lads on pitch. Frankly thought it was disrespectfull to all on the pitch who put such effort into training when often studying as well.

In terms of cutting costs,as a family we spent plenty on entry ,food and drink and oh yes the parking fee.

Hope this was a one off and it gets sorted for the next academy home game. While I appreciate if you charge a parking fee for these games( and many don't ) you need someone to take the fee but do you really need another person to guide me into a parking space..maybe they would be better used as an announcer
I must admit that I was somewhat annoyed when we went to see the under 19's play London broncos last year & I was charged £2 to park even though I pay for a season ground parking pass being told that my season parking pass doesn't cover under 19 games ](*,)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Feb 2015, 14:03

Im beginning to think Mr frankas may have a point...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Feb 2015, 14:31

Welshie wrote:Totally agree with Keithy. Really poor Cas -no scoreboard,no announcer and no team sheets (and we were in ground half hour before kick off). No one around seemed to have one either. Didn't know who all the players were and got confusing re the score. Great game to watch and well done the Cas lads. Would have been so nice for them to have their names called out and recognition at the time for all the lads on pitch. Frankly thought it was disrespectfull to all on the pitch who put such effort into training when often studying as well.

In terms of costs, they have to pay for all the staff, stewarding, bar staff, medical staff for the players. They don't come cheaply.

A lot of the fans are ST holders who don't pay entry as it is free so the only money coming into the club for an U19 game is money from the 200 fans who turn up who buy a drink/food or in terms of parking. Add into that a lot of people park on Wheldon Rd the club only makes money from the 50 or so cars that park for the game (£100 is bog all in the grand scheme of things!)

The club has to recover its costs. It amazes me that people seem to think that there's no costs involved on a gameday. What about the cost of all the drinks that people were buying? As for teamsheets, they were handing them out. Think they may have been on the turnstiles though.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Welshie

Post by Welshie » 22 Feb 2015, 15:41

I am not minimising the costing factor in putting on an academy game and I don't mind paying for a quality experience. A few observations from yesterday were there appeared to be quite a few more than 200 people there,quite a significant proportion from Leeds and like myself paying customers, the bar and food section seemed to be doing a very good trade and I would expect them to be making some profit.

I don't think I am asking for much... A scoreboard a time sheet and if possible someone announcing the players etc. This Academy stuff is new to me but in two years of attending scholarship games with another club I cannot recall anyone ever running out of team sheets or not having a scoreboard. And I would expect a higher level of professionalism at Academy level.

Interestingly there Is really balanced review of the game on Leeds Rhino's website but they seem to have got muddled with the try scorers...looks like they didn't get a team sheet either.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 22 Feb 2015, 16:21

not a score or report on our own web site :roll:

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 22 Feb 2015, 16:42

You could always offer your services to the club, to announce or run a manual scoreboard.

Long live the Tigers!!!

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 22 Feb 2015, 16:45

yorky wrote:not a score or report on our own web site :roll:
Think they put the score on the tigers facebook page. Probably add something to the website monday.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Feb 2015, 18:01

GThornton wrote:
yorky wrote:not a score or report on our own web site :roll:
Think they put the score on the tigers facebook page. Probably add something to the website monday.
Some great highlights added too
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 22 Feb 2015, 18:04

Only on cas forum could a thread about smashing Leeds Rhinos under nineteens all over the park have a title of embarrassing. Moaning and groaning on here is becoming tiresome of late. Cheer up guys lifes too short.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 23 Feb 2015, 16:02

Not sure If it's already been mentioned, but if anyone can bring themselves to nip into the whinos official website for 5 mins or so, theirs highlights of all the try's from the 19s match, well worth a look IMO

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Feb 2015, 16:18

just had a look, thanks for pointing me to the site, well worth watching.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 23 Feb 2015, 16:19

Don't why we cant do this, get the u19 games on OUR website.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre/25859.php

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Feb 2015, 16:32

old cas lass wrote:Don't why we cant do this, get the u19 games on OUR website.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/rugby/matchcentre/25859.php
indeed, they obviously used our camera gantry to film the match :roll: