Ben Roberts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Re: Ben Roberts

Post by Matt » 27 Feb 2015, 23:49

laner wrote:With all the talk thats going around regarding B Roberts i think it would sensible for either DPowell or S Gill to issue a statement to say exactly what the problem is with the player and put an end to all speculation as i think its of no help at this time to the side with only 3 games in we are having rumours and of which players we want next year what next..??
They have... he's injured. Stop listening to rumours and thinking something is going on.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 27 Feb 2015, 23:52

So he didn't have a set too with Powell?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 27 Feb 2015, 23:58

See what i was referring to dont have to listen to rumours can read about them when i view the forum

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 28 Feb 2015, 00:50

Matt wrote:
laner wrote:With all the talk thats going around regarding B Roberts i think it would sensible for either DPowell or S Gill to issue a statement to say exactly what the problem is with the player and put an end to all speculation as i think its of no help at this time to the side with only 3 games in we are having rumours and of which players we want next year what next..??
They have... he's injured. Stop listening to rumours and thinking something is going on.
That doesn't wash with Myself and many others
Audacter Et Sincere

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 28 Feb 2015, 01:32

Mysterio wrote:
Matt wrote:
That doesn't wash with Myself and many others
That's fine, but coming on and asking the club to verify every rumour is stupid. They came out and said he was injured, until we hear anything more then that's the end of it.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 28 Feb 2015, 01:51

I am hearing rumours that there is more to this than meets the eye. One way or the other just get it sorted.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 28 Feb 2015, 02:56

I can't see what we as supporters have to gain by these constant rumours about why this or that player isn't playing, this season it's Ben Roberts' turn. Such rumours must be very unsettling for the player and if there is a problem, then let Daryl and the club sort it out, they don't need to go public and to do so would be foolish.

If we need a lesson, just take a look at Marwan Koukash and his public outbursts regarding his players, it has made him and his club a laughing stock and is proving very unsettling for his players.

COYF!!!
Danny Boy

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 28 Feb 2015, 08:14

I think the fact that Roberts was our top signing, with much expected from him this season is adding to people's woes. No disrespect but if it were Massey, Milner or Channing, there wouldn't be so much fuss.
A lot of expectation was placed on Roberts.

Wf10Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wf10Tiger » 28 Feb 2015, 09:04

Danny Boy wrote:I can't see what we as supporters have to gain by these constant rumours about why this or that player isn't playing, this season it's Ben Roberts' turn. Such rumours must be very unsettling for the player and if there is a problem, then let Daryl and the club sort it out, they don't need to go public and to do so would be foolish.

If we need a lesson, just take a look at Marwan Koukash and his public outbursts regarding his players, it has made him and his club a laughing stock and is proving very unsettling for his players.

COYF!!!
Exactly, nothing more needs to be said

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 28 Feb 2015, 19:51

He's not injured.

Struggling to come to terms with the climate among many things and is struggling with confidence, but he's fit to play.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 28 Feb 2015, 20:31

dettoriman wrote:He's not injured.

Struggling to come to terms with the climate among many things and is struggling with confidence, but he's fit to play.
Life. A funny old thing. It might not be a fair comparison, but interestingly Todd Carney has been in France exactly the same length of time BR has been in the UK (3 months, since last week in November). Based on today's performance -v- Wire, Carney has achieved a lot more in the time & settled in France much better (even if we might wonder for how long!).

daz

Post by daz » 02 Mar 2015, 23:38

Would Lee Gaskell be worth a punt, might have a release clause for a super league team. And would be used to playing with Luke Gale.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 02 Mar 2015, 23:44

daz wrote:Would Lee Gaskell be worth a punt, might have a release clause for a super league team. And would be used to playing with Luke Gale.
Prefer Sammutt.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 03 Mar 2015, 09:43

I of the Tigers wrote:
dettoriman wrote:He's not injured.

Life. A funny old thing. It might not be a fair comparison, but interestingly Todd Carney has been in France exactly the same length of time BR has been in the UK (3 months, since last week in November). Based on today's performance -v- Wire, Carney has achieved a lot more in the time & settled in France much better (even if we might wonder for how long!).
I agree it is strange, the opportunity to play sport for a living is a great one, but it is a job. Motivation to excel at work is a culmination of so many factors. All sports excellence points to perfection and comfort in everything leading up to the event, to a large extent the event takes care of itself if everything else is good.
It must be tough to settle, not least with the difference in profile, climate and lets face it surroundings.

Not adding to the rumour in any way, just a general comment.