Looking Good 19th Feb

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Looking Good 19th Feb

Post by The Firm » 20 Mar 2015, 00:35

alcasfan wrote:
Tigerade wrote:I recon Raj is NGBFC. Golf, expensive cuisine, mates in high places and likes a gamble - got to be him.
If he is, he is really upset on Wakey RLFans about the "monstrosity" (Newcold building) that he can see from his house. God knows how he will feel when he finds out that what is there now is only 50% of the building, and it will be double the size it is now in due course!
Heard something along those lines and it also won't count towards the stadium build trigger. Anyway wouldn't something that size intrude onto the land that was earmarked for the Newmarket enabling development?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 Mar 2015, 00:52

The Firm wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
Tigerade wrote:I recon Raj is NGBFC. Golf, expensive cuisine, mates in high places and likes a gamble - got to be him.
If he is, he is really upset on Wakey RLFans about the "monstrosity" (Newcold building) that he can see from his house. God knows how he will feel when he finds out that what is there now is only 50% of the building, and it will be double the size it is now in due course!
Heard something along those lines and it also won't count towards the stadium build trigger. Anyway wouldn't something that size intrude onto the land that was earmarked for the Newmarket enabling development?
Nothing to do with the any otherland . It is all on plot 1. what is built is phase 1, phase 2 will double the size. As you look at it from the motorway it will be as large again to the left side.

Imagine it as a pair of semi houses with just the right hand house built!!!
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Mar 2015, 01:07

alcasfan wrote:
The Firm wrote:
alcasfan wrote:
Nothing to do with the any otherland . It is all on plot 1. what is built is phase 1, phase 2 will double the size. As you look at it from the motorway it will be as large again to the left side.

Ah right didn't realise it would be joined, thought it would be two seperate buildings. It might put off other companies wanting to move into the area though. There will be a lot of extra heavy goods traffic in the vicinity. And its one hell of a bloody eyesore already!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 20 Mar 2015, 02:00

The Firm wrote: Ah right didn't realise it would be joined, thought it would be two seperate buildings. It might put off other companies wanting to move into the area though. There will be a lot of extra heavy goods traffic in the vicinity. And its one hell of a bloody eyesore already!
Eyesore is the right word. You are right about the increase in heavy goods traffic. The plant will be operational from early April on a 24 hour basis. 2 automated loading bays are needed to deal with the 55,000 block pallet capacity. Goods will be transported to and fro by refrigerated lorries, which tend to be on the large side.

This development is not included in calculating the trigger point for construction of the proposed new stadium.

Slightly off topic, personally, I hope Wakefield, like us, move into a new stadium. It will give both clubs the platform to compete with the best clubs in SL. Imagine the rivalry and interest created if both clubs were genuine contenders for silverware.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

monkeyface
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by monkeyface » 20 Mar 2015, 05:46

Frankas wrote:He is a Wakefield fan with the monk on, and seemingly very, very, jealous that Cas, that little town in Wakefield, might be getting a brand new home, whilst Newmarket seems to have fallen flat on it's face. He didn't seem to have a problem with the greenbelt land his own teams stadium, and concrete warehouses were going.
We're the big white freezer house is the is no chance of eny stadium been built there, never was a chance either, as I travel through Amsterdam when going to work and back, a Couple of weeks ago I travelled with an American guy and his wife, the guy was in charge of the eye sore from the beginning, he was asking about Leeds for restaurants and shopping, then we got on about were I was from, I mentioned Castleford,,I asked wot his business was over here, he told me about the eye sore, I asked about a Rugby stadium there, no chance buddy was the reply, never really heard about enything like that, ,

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 20 Mar 2015, 07:43

alcasfan wrote:Nothing to do with the any otherland . It is all on plot 1. what is built is phase 1, phase 2 will double the size. As you look at it from the motorway it will be as large again to the left side.

Just getting ready for the solar eclipse. Might not bother now Al. I could just pop down to Newmarket any time I want soon for the same effect !

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 20 Mar 2015, 16:59

alcasfan wrote:
The Firm wrote:
alcasfan wrote:

Were the original plans for it to be twice its current size or is is a new planning application?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 20 Mar 2015, 18:08

The Firm wrote: Were the original plans for it to be twice its current size or is is a new planning application?
Yes. It's all the one approved application.
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alcasfan » 23 Mar 2015, 23:29

alcasfan wrote:
da_jimbob_7 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Letter has appeared on the planning portal. Decision due by the 24th March.
Only 11 days extra to wait...
Unless "further time is needed to complete the consideration"

:roll:
I think that last line in the letter gave the game away as to what was going to happen. A decision made to put off a decision!!

:roll:

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 24 Mar 2015, 02:39

Looks like they've called it in right at the wire on the schedule, and now it can't be looked at until after the General Election?

https://twitter.com/TigerTalkRadio/stat ... 57/photo/1

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 24 Mar 2015, 16:54

SFOtiger wrote:Looks like they've called it in right at the wire on the schedule, and now it can't be looked at until after the General Election?

https://twitter.com/TigerTalkRadio/stat ... 57/photo/1
Actually looks like they have decided they need an extension of time to decide whether to call it in or not.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 29 Mar 2015, 01:36

worryingly the farmer has ploughed the proposed site ready for planting crops. does he know something or is he just hedging his bets?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 29 Mar 2015, 09:32

lurcher wrote:worryingly the farmer has ploughed the proposed site ready for planting crops. does he know something or is he just hedging his bets?
Farmers, as usual. cannot lose, if he has a crop in and the developer wants to start building the farmer demands compensation for the loss of the crop! And, of course he continues to claim the 'benefits' from Europe. Biggest set of scroungers in the UK, claiming Billions of pounds of taxpayers money every year.
cum on you Ford

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 29 Mar 2015, 14:17

As far as I can remember the field is ploughed every year and no crop planted.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 29 Mar 2015, 14:24

43s flyer wrote:As far as I can remember the field is ploughed every year and no crop planted.
Correct

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 30 Mar 2015, 01:00

Casmania wrote:
43s flyer wrote:As far as I can remember the field is ploughed every year and no crop planted.
Correct
That's a first in farming...
Spreading the Cas gene pool