Widnes tickets

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Danny Boy
Verified

Re: Widnes tickets

Post by Danny Boy » 21 Jan 2015, 13:52

casfanfromcov wrote:Its £15 to watch Wasps play a European game on Saturday. They will get well over 20,000. I agree with the rest of you that union is boring compared to league, but I have been to first 2 Wasps games in Cov and have been pleasantly surprised. They play a more expansive running game, so play more similar to a rugby league style than the standard union teams. My main point of the post is that if you reduce admission prices more will attend and the club will get extra benefits of income on matchday through food, drink and merchandise sales.
It's very much a balancing act and I'm sure we would also have an amount to pay Widnes, which wouldn't be the case for a normal league game, so everything has to be taken into consideration, it could well cost just the same for stewarding, so all that has to be covered as well (there are new laws for stewarding, so a lower attendance won't necessarily mean lower costs).
COYF!!!
Danny Boy

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 21 Jan 2015, 15:36

I don't have a problem with paying £15 for a adult but £10 for a child is daylight robbery given that a season ticket for all home and away games is only £55.

At the very least their should be a family ticket of say £30 for two adults and two kids for friendly games,yes I know the club has over heads but for a club that prides itself has the heart of the community it's pretty sad that we price many families out of going due to over inflated prices.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 21 Jan 2015, 17:13

braytontiger wrote:I don't have a problem with paying £15 for a adult but £10 for a child is daylight robbery given that a season ticket for all home and away games is only £55.

At the very least their should be a family ticket of say £30 for two adults and two kids for friendly games,yes I know the club has over heads but for a club that prides itself has the heart of the community it's pretty sad that we price many families out of going due to over inflated prices.
Spot on! and I still think the adults is over the top too......
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 21 Jan 2015, 19:58

cvtiger wrote:
braytontiger wrote:I don't have a problem with paying £15 for a adult but £10 for a child is daylight robbery given that a season ticket for all home and away games is only £55.

Spot on! and I still think the adults is over the top too......
Interesting point about kids prices. Liverpool fans have been campaigning for years to reduce the price of kids tickets. This season, kids tickets have regularly been as low as a fiver (the Bolton game on Saturday for example is £5 for under 16s). However, they won't sell a kids ticket without an adult ticket. Reasonable enough if the kid is under say 13 but seems a bit daft for older kids.

I appreciate this doesn't really add anything to the discussion, twas merely an observation.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP