Stadium and Tesco

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Stadium and Tesco

Post by ERG2012 » 26 Jan 2015, 20:44

Frankas wrote:That's how it reads to me mate. There isn't any bending of rules when it comes to health & safty
Nail on head

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 26 Jan 2015, 20:46

Safety won't be compromised in any shape or form ...
The one thing I found strange though was shortly after the Princess St. stand incurred its damage from the gales, etc., the prognosis was that it could still be closed a month later (the date of the Wakey game) ... yet miraculously it was back in commission little more than a week later, in time for yesterday's game. Mmm ...

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 26 Jan 2015, 20:56

for those who weren't at yesterdays game the rear of the princes street stand has been cordoned off with scaffolding & boarded up so that no one can get anywhere near where the wall came down. this has secured the area so that the club can get the wall rebuilt without causing any disruption to the standing area in that stand.

Note this is not an official statement its just I was there & saw what the club have done. I do think the club ought to put pictures up of the temporary structure so that fans know what's being done.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 26 Jan 2015, 21:03

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:It's ok having friends in high places and having a strong lobby with Wakey Council but as fans we need to know its safe. A lot of fans at Wakey are concerned about the cushy relationship between cas tigers and Wakey council could lead to a lapse of judgment which would endanger fans. Cas Tigers and Wakey Council should put out a joint statement reassuring fans that all is safe and they personaly guarantee it. I would hate to see what could be a cracking opener to the season spoiled by fans been fearful.
I respectfully suggest you think twice before posting comments of a similar nature in future.

To Imply that a possible "lapse of judgement which would endanger fans" may have occurred due to the "cushy" relationship between Castleford Tigers & WMDC is at best disingenuous and at worst malicious in nature.

Are you suggesting impropriety/collusion by Castleford RLFC & WMDC officials?

I would like you to expand on your "cushy relationship" comment. Can you give any examples whereby Castleford Tigers have benefited from such a relationship?

For your information, Castleford, Featherstone and Wakefield have received both financial and other support from WMDC.
Confidentially stops me from going into detail, some of the support given is well documented, some not.

I have had involvement with all 3 local professional clubs, and I am aware, more than most, of the support given.
You may well consider the support given by WMDC to your own club, WMDC have on 2 separate occasions thrown Wakefield a lifeline. In addition, the support given by WMDC to the planning process with respect to the Newmarket development was substantial to say the least.

To imply that one club has received preferential and favourable treatment is simply ludicrous.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 26 Jan 2015, 21:07

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:It's ok having friends in high places and having a strong lobby with Wakey Council but as fans we need to know its safe. A lot of fans at Wakey are concerned about the cushy relationship between cas tigers and Wakey council could lead to a lapse of judgment which would endanger fans. Cas Tigers and Wakey Council should put out a joint statement reassuring fans that all is safe and they personaly guarantee it. I would hate to see what could be a cracking opener to the season spoiled by fans been fearful.

Comments removed - please refrain from posting such childish comments in future.

This forum is about open and reasoned debate, it is not about posting immature abusive comments. If you are unable to get your point across in a reasonable and correct manner I would suggest trying another forum.

It's your call.

Thank you

Casmania

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 27 Jan 2015, 03:03

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:Im not implying anything im presenting a perception that applies in Wakefield. Some kind of reassurance on safety grounds wouldn't go a miss, unless you don't take health and safety seriously? And please spare me the moral outrage :roll:
Raj, your posts are as Stephen Fry once memorably commented on the Da Vinci Code book 'ar$e gravy of the highest order'.

Even though you are trying to hide behind 'this is what some Wakey fans think' you are actually doing is casting aspertions on the professional competance of the Biulding Control officers by impying thst they are willing to risk their professional reputation in some sort of collusion. What rubbish you spout.

The Officers of WMDC Building Control have a duty to protect people. They make decisions based on their judgement of the situation, not because someone at Cas or WMDC has whispered in their ear to ignore a dangerous situation. Their decision can have serious ramifications if they are wrong. Therefore they err on the side of caution.

P.S. I worked in the same department as Pete Smithson and he is one bloody good conscientious BC Officer.

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 27 Jan 2015, 09:37

Tigerwood posse wrote:

Comments removed - please refrain from posting such childish comments in future.

This forum is about open and reasoned debate, it is not about posting immature abusive comments. If you are unable to get your point across in a reasonable and correct manner I would suggest trying another forum.

It's your call.

Thank you

Casmania

Shame that, thought what I said was quite witty!! I've seen much more controversial comments on here posted, I think I am being victimised... Are we not allowed to have a laugh on this forum or what?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 27 Jan 2015, 12:11

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:It's ok having friends in high places and having a strong lobby with Wakey Council but as fans we need to know its safe.

To me this doesn't imply anything what it does say explicitly is that we use friends in 'high places' to corrupt government officials witch I stated earlier in the tread

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 27 Jan 2015, 16:38

I worked along side building control & safety officers all my working life, and in all that time i never found any of the building officers and safety officers to be corrupt TTT. When they sign that peace of paper their guaranteeing that the job has been done right, and if something goes wrong it's there neck on the chopping block, I found everyone of the people in building control strict but fair, and always wanted high standards when it came to health and safety.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 28 Jan 2015, 01:17

Tigerwood posse wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:

It's your call.

Thank you

Casmania

Shame that, thought what I said was quite witty!! I've seen much more controversial comments on here posted, I think I am being victimised... Are we not allowed to have a laugh on this forum or what?
You may want to check on the definition of "Witty"

Could you please highlight where these "controversial" comments are?

Your posts are currently under moderation, ( you are not the only one) this action followed a number of requests for you to tone your comments down, which you chose to ignore.

Some on here do overstep the mark at times, that is the nature of having an open forum. Everyone is more than welcome to post anything on here-as long it is within the A.U.P. The consequences of not adhering to guidelines results in threads being derailed and slanging matches.

Your views and comments are welcomed as much as anyone else, but they have to be within the guidelines.

Casmania

MY CLUB. MY CAS

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Jan 2015, 13:31

Raj's post just highlights how insecure & paranoid some of their fans are.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 28 Jan 2015, 14:00

A safety officer would NEVER set the minimum standard lower for it would be on their head should anything go wrong, so our ground will be safe. But the target standard could be set higher if the officer deemed it necessary, so maybe the beef is that Belle Vue seems to them to be treated differently that way? Not saying that is what has happen here by the way, just a theory as to why they might be getting their knickers in a twist!

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 28 Jan 2015, 20:17

... and yet you are the one continually pushing the fear and loathing.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 31 Jan 2015, 18:35

More bad news from Tesco - they are cutting their product range by one third. As we all know Aldi and Lidl have taken a huge slice of the cake and Tesco are the worse off :-

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... e-products?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 01 Feb 2015, 02:24

there is a huge regeneration plan over here in brid which has taken years to finalise. as part of this tesco had agreed to move from their present site to a larger one freeing up the land for a road widening scheme. they've pulled out at the last minute leaving the scheme in ruins.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 02 Feb 2015, 20:41

lurcher wrote:there is a huge regeneration plan over here in brid which has taken years to finalise. as part of this tesco had agreed to move from their present site to a larger one freeing up the land for a road widening scheme. they've pulled out at the last minute leaving the scheme in ruins.
People shopping habits have changed dramatically since the Economic crash. Shoppers tend to make smaller but more often shops. This suites the smaller in town/community stores. Tescos have gone on record saying that a number of larger out of town stores are now losing money. The decision in brid fits in with all that. Don't know if it effects your next stadium plans.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 02 Feb 2015, 21:17

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
lurcher wrote:there is a huge regeneration plan over here in brid which has taken years to finalise. as part of this tesco had agreed to move from their present site to a larger one freeing up the land for a road widening scheme. they've pulled out at the last minute leaving the scheme in ruins.
People shopping habits have changed dramatically since the Economic crash. Shoppers tend to make smaller but more often shops. This suites the smaller in town/community stores. Tescos have gone on record saying that a number of larger out of town stores are now losing money. The decision in brid fits in with all that. Don't know if it effects your next stadium plans.
It doesn't.......the 5 towns park is a fully sustainable and viable proposition and is not dependant on one element.

The only effect felt, will be the benefits associated with a £135m investment into the local area and community..

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 02 Feb 2015, 23:11

Casmania wrote:
Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
It doesn't.......the 5 towns park is a fully sustainable and viable proposition and is not dependant on one element.

The only effect felt, will be the benefits associated with a £135m investment into the local area and community..
Now were have I heard that before :-k

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 02 Feb 2015, 23:28

Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:
Casmania wrote:
Raj Poot Wildcat wrote:

Now were have I heard that before :-k
I will refresh your memory....Newmarket. The 5 towns park is similar to Newmarket ie an enabling development. However, the big difference is that legal and contractual obligations are built in to ensure the construction of the stadium at GH.
Newmarket was supposed to have a number of trigger points which would then enable construction to start. Sadly, it appears the developers do not have to honour or abide by those obligations.
The stadium at GH will be the first and only construction to go ahead once planning permission is granted. The remaining development can not start until the stadium has been completed and the keys handed over ( this does not apply to earth and other preparatory works )
This is a legal binding contractual obligation which has been agreed and signed by all the relevant parties. It should also be noted that there will no cost to the public purse, all funding is provided by the developers and their partners.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 03 Feb 2015, 10:04

Casmania wrote:
I hope that clarifies things for you.
It won't! ](*,)
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"