Stadium and Tesco

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Re: Stadium and Tesco

Post by speedy » 18 Jan 2015, 19:54

Danny boy , its not a matter of proving otherwise, its proving the statement made, Featherstone are not a poor club by any means they are, like ourselves one of the few clubs that actually own their grounds and additional land

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Jan 2015, 07:16

While on the Fev topic - We have been approached to host their first home league game due to pitch problems. Why they just have'nt swapped the 2 fixtures round is anyones guess.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Jan 2015, 09:44

Tigerade wrote:While on the Fev topic - We have been approached to host their first home league game due to pitch problems. Why they just have'nt swapped the 2 fixtures round is anyones guess.
and why haven't we approached wakefield about swapping our home fixture as it looks like the princess street stand may still be closed may :-"

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Jan 2015, 10:33

yorky wrote:it looks like the princess street stand may still be closed may :-"

I hope that's not true.

I don't know much about building work, but why would it take so long to rebuild a retaining wall.
If part of my house/wall fell down I would get it repaired asap.....like now.
Its been over a week now, surely builders have been approached and work to be started asap.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 19 Jan 2015, 10:54

Take away the sterling efforts on the field by the current crop of players & coaching staff, & most of the remaining business output(s) are woeful in comparison. The club will never achieve its ambitions whilst ever this situation continues to exist.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 19 Jan 2015, 12:02

old cas lass wrote:
yorky wrote:it looks like the princess street stand may still be closed may :-"

I hope that's not true.

I don't know much about building work, but why would it take so long to rebuild a retaining wall.
If part of my house/wall fell down I would get it repaired asap.....like now.
Its been over a week now, surely builders have been approached and work to be started asap.
we too hope its not true, but although additives cans be added to cement in frosty weather it must still be difficult laying bricks with temps below zero & im sure I have read it somewhere where there is doubt that the princess street stand may still be closed for the first home game? hope im wrong as we always stand in there.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 19 Jan 2015, 13:14

yorky wrote:
Tigerade wrote:While on the Fev topic - We have been approached to host their first home league game due to pitch problems. Why they just have'nt swapped the 2 fixtures round is anyones guess.
and why haven't we approached wakefield about swapping our home fixture as it looks like the princess street stand may still be closed may :-"
Even if the PS stand is closed for the Wakey game we can still accomodate 7,500. Not ideal but it could be an all-ticket game.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Jan 2015, 13:29

With work ongoing to repair the Princess Street Stand following wind damage over the weekend, Castleford Tigers are hopeful to have the full stadium back open for the first Super League clash of the season v Wakefield Wildcats on Sunday 8th February.

The Princess Street Stand will remain closed for the two remaining home friendlies v Widnes Vikings and York City Knights.  

There is still a possiblity that the Princess Street Stand will not be open to full capacity on 8th February and if this is the case the game will have to be a ticket only event.

Tickets for the first match of the 2015 Super League season v Wakefield Wildcats at the Mend-a-Hose Jungle on Sunday 8th February are now on sale in the Tigers Den club shop and online here.

Some fans need to be more patient
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Jan 2015, 15:04

speedy wrote:Danny boy , its not a matter of proving otherwise, its proving the statement made, Featherstone are not a poor club by any means they are, like ourselves one of the few clubs that actually own their grounds and additional land
Well I know it's not gospell but the Fev Wikipedia page states that the Post Office Road ground was sold to the local Council in 1988 but it doesn't state whether it included the surrounding land.

I am all too aware of how much land Rovers now have control of but without the paperwork it's hard to determine how the ground deal worked.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 19 Jan 2015, 16:44

i did hear a few years ago that paul caddick had been steadily buying up all the land that surrounds the fev ground.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Jan 2015, 17:04

Caddick owns land everywhere he buys a lot of undeveloped land and rents it back to the original land owners so they think there on to a winner

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 19 Jan 2015, 17:59

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Council meeting on Feb 6. Does anyone on here know whether the meeting will be broadcast on the mywakefield Bambuser site?

alcasfan
League One Player
League One Player
Location: LS25 About as far from LEEDS as you can get with an LS code - Thank God!

Post by alcasfan » 22 Jan 2015, 20:04

stevieP wrote:Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Council meeting on Feb 6. Does anyone on here know whether the meeting will be broadcast on the mywakefield Bambuser site?
Now the 19th Feb
"Castleford's biggest home crowd of the 1991-1992 season wasn't quite 12,000 while on average they'd sit around 6000 but the noise, the chanting and the singing just blows you away" - Tawera Nikau "Standing Tall"

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 23 Jan 2015, 16:30

Castleford Tigers are pleased to announce that the Princess Street stand will be open again ready for this weekends friendly fixture v Widnes Vikings. 

The club have worked really closely with the safety officer Ian Crawford, and Pete Smithson (Building Controls) at Wakefield Council in making the stand safe again after the strong winds caused the collapse of the stands retaining wall recently.

CEO Steve Gill said: "I'm really impressed and grateful to everyone who's been on site working hard to get the stand back up and running. It could take 6-8 weeks to be cosmetically back to where we would like to be, but we are really pleased to have the stand passed safe, and back in use as we start the new Super League season."

there we go,everyone happy now??
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 23 Jan 2015, 17:30

Great news & well done to all involved at the club, :dance:

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 23 Jan 2015, 20:37

Probably not, the machine. There will always be something to moan about it seems.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 23 Jan 2015, 20:38

the machine wrote:Castleford Tigers are pleased to announce that the Princess Street stand will be open again ready for this weekends friendly fixture v Widnes Vikings. 

The club have worked really closely with the safety officer Ian Crawford, and Pete Smithson (Building Controls) at Wakefield Council in making the stand safe again after the strong winds caused the collapse of the stands retaining wall recently.

CEO Steve Gill said: "I'm really impressed and grateful to everyone who's been on site working hard to get the stand back up and running. It could take 6-8 weeks to be cosmetically back to where we would like to be, but we are really pleased to have the stand passed safe, and back in use as we start the new Super League season."

there we go,everyone happy now??
Cue the conspiracy theorists from t'other side of the common.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 23 Jan 2015, 21:11

therailwayendisnigh wrote:Probably not, the machine. There will always be something to moan about it seems.
So far so good though lol

Michael Jordan

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 24 Jan 2015, 17:57

The other side of the common can think what they want, but there isn't any safety or building officers who will bend the rules,if they did and something went wrong it wouldn't be down to Cas, it would fall squarely on the shoulders of the people who gave the OK for the stand to be opened. So if they say it's safe it will be safe, I spent thirty years dealing will these people and I never found one who would put his name to something what wasn't right.

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 24 Jan 2015, 20:33

Frankas wrote:The other side of the common can think what they want, but there isn't any safety or building officers who will bend the rules,if they did and something went wrong it wouldn't be down to Cas, it would fall squarely on the shoulders of the people who gave the OK for the stand to be opened. So if they say it's safe it will be safe, I spent thirty years dealing will these people and I never found one who would put his name to something what wasn't right.
AND ill second that Frankas. :)