Season ticket collection

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Season ticket collection

Post by Tigerade » 20 Dec 2014, 09:06

I would imagine tickets will be posted out (to those that have requested postage) today. The remaining tickets are moving down to the shop in Carlton Lanes for collection.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Dec 2014, 10:37

Thanks

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Dec 2014, 00:41

OT a little
As we're all aware many fans can't make every game through no fault of their own, be it work or family commitments

Perhaps a little late in the day for this term but how about the following

Instead of a season ticket a voucher booklet which contains say 5-10 tickets/passes

This way the club could budget better
Forecast proactively further ahead
Negotiate stronger

Thought's...

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 22 Dec 2014, 07:51

I think buy buying a ST you save the equivalent of 4 games. Basically you pay, say £225 for 14 games which is the match day price of 10 games. I don't think the club could do better than that to be honest.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 22 Dec 2014, 09:30

That's not my point Tigerade

My point is
Even with the best will in the world it's not physically possible or financial sense to buy a full season ticket - even though you bleed Amber and Black

However - a half season ticket (if you want to dress it as that)
Still get value for money
Gives the club more stability financially
Easier to do day to day business

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Dec 2014, 11:31

ERG2012 wrote:That's not my point Tigerade

My point is
Even with the best will in the world it's not physically possible or financial sense to buy a full season ticket - even though you bleed Amber and Black

However - a half season ticket (if you want to dress it as that)
Still get value for money
Gives the club more stability financially
Easier to do day to day business
It also means people that do buy a season ticket may not commit and may buy half a ST anyway, meaning club lose money.

It isn't worth it and damages the club more.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Dec 2014, 12:30

But there maybe be 100 people who would buy a half season ticket at say 110/120 quid because they can only make half the home games due to work/holidays/other commitments, but wont folk out 250 quid for a full season ticket because it would be wasted money and games missed due to what I've put above.

If a half season ticket as say 6 home game of your chose, then its down to you which games you chose to see.
Similar to my situation, I can only make 3/4 home games per season now a days, but would buy a half season ticket.

Lots of people are in this situation, so the club lose out when half season tickets will be paid for up front.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 22 Dec 2014, 12:37

i understand that everyone cant make every game but if its not worth buying a season ticket then just pay on gate to see the games you can get to. i dont see what the problem is and dont know why the club should need to do a half season ticket.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 22 Dec 2014, 13:02

old cas lass wrote:But there maybe be 100 people who would buy a half season ticket at say 110/120 quid because they can only make half the home games due to work/holidays/other commitments, but wont folk out 250 quid for a full season ticket because it would be wasted money and games missed due to what I've put above.

If a half season ticket as say 6 home game of your chose, then its down to you which games you chose to see.
Similar to my situation, I can only make 3/4 home games per season now a days, but would buy a half season ticket.

Lots of people are in this situation, so the club lose out when half season tickets will be paid for up front.
If that were to happen the games should be split into 3 catergories and get 2 games from each
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 22 Dec 2014, 17:24

old cas lass wrote:But there maybe be 100 people who would buy a half season ticket at say 110/120 quid because they can only make half the home games due to work/holidays/other commitments, but wont folk out 250 quid for a full season ticket because it would be wasted money and games missed due to what I've put above.

But as I've pointed out, the club would LOSE money from people who would ordinarily buy a full ST but a bit undecided to do so or not. A half-season ticket would give them an option of not committing to every game meaning the club loses out on £100 from a load of ST holders.

If they lose 500 full ST holders who turn to half-season ticket holders at say £150, they are £50k down.

They would need to sell 333 half-season ticket holders just to recoup that before making any additional money.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Dec 2014, 18:15

HuddsTigers wrote:

But as I've pointed out, the club would LOSE money from people who would ordinarily buy a full ST but a bit undecided to do so or not. A half-season ticket would give them an option of not committing to every game meaning the club loses out on £100 from a load of ST holders.

If they lose 500 full ST holders who turn to half-season ticket holders at say £150, they are £50k down.

They would need to sell 333 half-season ticket holders just to recoup that before making any additional money.
Ok take me for instance.
no way will i buy a full ticket full price when i only go to 3/4 games per season. Times that by another 100 or so. There are people out there in that situation.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Dec 2014, 19:31

If you can only make 3/4 games surely it makes more sense to pay on the gate?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 22 Dec 2014, 19:40

TT Tiger wrote:If you can only make 3/4 games surely it makes more sense to pay on the gate?
I do.

Other people who can make 6/7 games it would benefit.

Shirtoffmyback
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shirtoffmyback » 24 Dec 2014, 12:08

yorky wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I hate to have a dig at the club, but the current system regarding the lottery isn't up to the job in my opinion. I rang the club about 4 weeks ago to ask about renewals as I couldn't remember when I paid my annual subscription, but the lady that runs it wasn't there. No problem, I left my details and was told she'd get back to me within a day or two. Four weeks passed and nothing. I rang the club again, this time managing to speak to the right person and It seems my lottery lapsed 10 weeks ago. Does anyone check lapsed subscriptions? I know I could've done more to make sure it didn't lapse, but the club are the ones selling the product and the onus is on them in my opinion. Do the club want my money? Surely there is a computer programme that can easily show when people are nearing the end of their subscription and the club could send out a generic e-mail?
Come on Cas; make it easy for yourselves.
I believe the lady that used to run the lottery was Dawn Hadington who no longer works for the club so there may be a staff shortage, but the lottery does seem to be a tad hap hazard as I also had to tell them I wished to renew my numbers etc.
Joanne Riding is the lottery manager and has been doing this since last December.

Shirtoffmyback
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shirtoffmyback » 24 Dec 2014, 12:08

yorky wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I hate to have a dig at the club, but the current system regarding the lottery isn't up to the job in my opinion. I rang the club about 4 weeks ago to ask about renewals as I couldn't remember when I paid my annual subscription, but the lady that runs it wasn't there. No problem, I left my details and was told she'd get back to me within a day or two. Four weeks passed and nothing. I rang the club again, this time managing to speak to the right person and It seems my lottery lapsed 10 weeks ago. Does anyone check lapsed subscriptions? I know I could've done more to make sure it didn't lapse, but the club are the ones selling the product and the onus is on them in my opinion. Do the club want my money? Surely there is a computer programme that can easily show when people are nearing the end of their subscription and the club could send out a generic e-mail?
Come on Cas; make it easy for yourselves.
I believe the lady that used to run the lottery was Dawn Hadington who no longer works for the club so there may be a staff shortage, but the lottery does seem to be a tad hap hazard as I also had to tell them I wished to renew my numbers etc.
Joanne Riding is the lottery manager and has been doing this since last December.

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 24 Dec 2014, 18:01

Mine just gets renewed automatically they have never asked if I want to renew.