No pleasing some people

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: No pleasing some people

Post by Fumper27 » 30 Nov 2014, 19:30

tigerfeat wrote:I'd like to see one more forward in..it will be intresting to see how the guys that left fare obviously expect Clark do well not sure about others
Exactly. Apart from Clark, all the players that left have been more than adequately replaced and I'd be saying the same if we had brought in Cameron Smith or Isaac Luke!

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 30 Nov 2014, 19:47

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:I'd like to see one more forward in..it will be intresting to see how the guys that left fare obviously expect Clark do well not sure about others
Exactly. Apart from Clark, all the players that left have been more than adequately replaced and I'd be saying the same if we had brought in Cameron Smith or Isaac Luke!
Not sure that Huby has been adequately replaces either. Although agree better halves and more options in back row. Think Mckmeekin could be a big hit personally.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 01 Dec 2014, 13:03

KB80 wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Not sure that Huby has been adequately replaced.
Junior Moors???

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 01 Dec 2014, 13:29

Lee jewitt has replaced huby for me
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 01 Dec 2014, 21:15

HuddsTigers wrote:
orrsome wrote:Steve Gill told me that we have a possible new signing when he rang to thank me for buying my season ticket - Not a prop!
When I spoke to him he seemed pretty certain that we weren't going to so that would be a U-turn.
Steve Gill in saying one thing and doing another shocker :)

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 01 Dec 2014, 21:30

Replacing Chubs is not as simple as his on field, no doubting he was a bit of a leader, a senior figure.

Moors and Jewitt have the potential to take it forward on the park, Millington for me is the cohesion though, if you watch him for a while, he does the tough stuff so well and if we build around him, we wont go far wrong.

Off the field, there is enough experience to let some new voices come to the fore.

chodbin
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chodbin » 06 Dec 2014, 11:26

For me the reason we dropped off is probably fitness.
Now don't get me wrong I think we had a fantastic season, ultimately falling short.
Last season, and from now on every season, number one priority was avoiding relegation. We had to be 100% fit at the start of the season. Get as many wins as we could under our belt to avoid getting bogged down in a season long relegation scrap.
We did that, and we must admit got wins and performances none of us truly expected.
Your Wigan, Leeds, Saints and Warringtons always start off indifferently, maybe not 100% fit and never playing with the fluidity they do at the "buisness" end of the season. That was the time when we began to come a little unstuck. But that's not me taking anything away from the performances, we battled hard in just about every match last season.
Hopefully we have learnt lessons from last season, both players and coaches alike, and will take that forward into this coming season.

Next season I will be very happy with a top 6 finish and signs that we are developing a top 6 mentality rather than a "as long as we are not bottom" attitude. I'm sure the boys loved the deserved plaudits that came their way. Let's hope they push on and don't get complacent. Or that the fans get on their backs if they fail to reach last seasons standards.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 06 Dec 2014, 17:50

I don't think it's player fitness, because I don't think I have ever seen our players has fit, for me it was down to there heads, some of the players looked mentally spent, but I think they will be stronger for the experience of winning rather than constantly loosing, so for me we will be a better team in 2015.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 06 Dec 2014, 18:50

I also think that fact that several members of the team were moving on didn't help.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 09 Dec 2014, 23:15

I think the reason we fell away was pressure I don't think that group of players were ready to win silverware. I gutted we didn't but being realistic I think we can match our achievements from 2014 in this coming season and go one step further.