Predictions

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gale123

Re: Predictions

Post by gale123 » 20 Nov 2014, 11:16

1 wigan
2 saints
3 wire
4 leeds
5 hudds
6 catalan
7 cas
8 Salford
9 kr
10 fc
11 widnes
12 Wakey

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 20 Nov 2014, 18:22

1 Saints
2 Warrington
3 Wigan
4 Castleford
6 Huddersfield
7 Catalan
8 Salford
9 Hull. FC
10 Hull. KR
11 Widnes
12 Wakefield

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 20 Nov 2014, 20:03

In all reality I see Super League as not so Super. Most players are of a similr ability, in this enviroment the value of your coaching become more important. What good players they are mostly play at the big four of Leeds, Wires, Wigan and Saints. After them clubs I don't think you are miles apart with ability. My predictions are as follows.

1 Wigan
2 Wires
3 Saints
4 Leeds
5 Salford
6 Hudds
7 Catalans
8 Wakey
9 Cas
10 Hull KR
11 Widnes
12 Hull

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Nov 2014, 21:08

will there be any monster bets raj mate. i fancy wire to finish top and i don't think there will be a great deal of points between top and bottom. never been more open.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Nov 2014, 00:19

Frankas wrote:1 Saints
2 Warrington
3 Wigan
4 Castleford
6 Huddersfield
7 Catalan
8 Salford
9 Hull. FC
10 Hull. KR
11 Widnes
12 Wakefield
Leeds 5th I'm guessing?

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Nov 2014, 11:31

lurcher wrote:will there be any monster bets raj mate. i fancy wire to finish top and i don't think there will be a great deal of points between top and bottom. never been more open.
i think cas to finish in front of wakey is monster bet material
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 21 Nov 2014, 15:21

TT Tiger wrote:
Frankas wrote:1 Saints
2 Warrington
3 Wigan
4 Castleford
6 Huddersfield
7 Catalan
8 Salford
9 Hull. FC
10 Hull. KR
11 Widnes
12 Wakefield
Leeds 5th I'm guessing?
They are mate. I thought someone was missing :-" :-"

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 21 Nov 2014, 15:40

They are easy to forget!

Raj Poot Wildcat
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Raj Poot Wildcat » 21 Nov 2014, 16:34

lurcher wrote:will there be any monster bets raj mate. i fancy wire to finish top and i don't think there will be a great deal of points between top and bottom. never been more open.
No moster bets just yet Lurcher, I'm sure the opportunity will rise once the season gets going. Got my eye on the first game of season down at yours, get the feeling that the bookies will overreact again.

40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 40/20 » 22 Nov 2014, 20:50

So raj bleats on about how coaching is going to be the diffrence this year but then has the current coach of the year team finishing 9th. Couldn't make it up

Freeloader
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Freeloader » 23 Nov 2014, 19:25

1 Wigan
2 Saints
3 Warrington
4 Catalan Dragons
5 GIANTS
6 CAS
7 Leeds
8 Salford
9 Widnes
10 HULL FC
11 HULL KR
12 The Mighty Trin :-({|=

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 24 Nov 2014, 11:30

1. Warrington
2. Wigan
3. St Helens
4. Huddersfield
5. Leeds
6. Catalans
7. Castleford
8. Salford

Bottom 4 harder to predict but I'll go:

Hull KR
Hull FC
Wakefield
Widnes

Warrington - I think they will have a good year, made some good signings but for me they have a consistent coach in Tony Smith in place. Some people place too much emphasis on new signings rather than the coaches in place.

St Helens - See my point above. I gather Nathan Brown wasn't universally liked by the Saints fans but I think it might take time to get used to Cunningham/Long etc.

Wigan - Will be there or thereabouts, we all know they can play but maintaining their physical approach without losing discipline is their biggest problem.

Huddersfield - Will challenge but how long can they rely on Brough to call the shots?

Leeds - See above (but replace Brough with Sinfield/Peacock etc).

Catalans - Could finish higher if they sorted away form out. Which they won't. Just about unbeatable at home.

Castleford - Won't do as well, Clark is a big loss but I think we have better halfbacks this year, 7th will still be a good achievement. Cannot understand some fans on other forums tipping us to slip by 6/7 places though!

Salford - Will finish in the playoffs but will it be seen as an achievement by the Doc? Will he resist his usual outbursts? And has he put in a place a proper marketing team to **promote** the team or it is just him posting twitter rants again?

The bottom 4 is harder to call.

Wakefield constantly have that fighting spirit and I think will just avoid bottom (once again).

Widnes - I have never ever been convinced by Betts, shown up badly in the big games last year (apart from the Playoff game), sure they reached the playoffs but with Tickle and Brown in the squad they were expected to. I absolutely hated it when people kept comparing Castleford and Widnes as having great seasons, even forgetting the off field issue at the semi final.....one team was expected to battle relegation but reached their first cup final for 22 years, finished in their highest position in Superleague, on the whole faired well against the big clubs. The other were expected to reach the playoffs and did, had an easy route to the semi, were dismal in all but a handful of games against the bigger teams.

And as for both Hull teams...for me it's one of the greatest mysteries in rugby league why they invest heavily in stadiums, playing squad etc, and then it's as if they have checked their pockets and realised they only have a couple of toffees, a bit of string and a pack of football stickers so thats the coaching budget sorted. I am sure in time Radford and Chester could become good coaches but I feel both would benefit from managing a team in the championship and then working up to a Super League job.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 24 Nov 2014, 14:41

Sixth or above will do nicely thank you. I don't fancy being in the bottom half when we get to the split. Hope some of the so called big teams start with a wobble. I'd like to see us get of to a flyer.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Nov 2014, 18:35

Askham Tiger wrote:1. Warrington
2. Wigan
3. St Helens
4. Huddersfield
5. Leeds
6. Catalans
7. Castleford
8. Salford

Bottom 4 harder to predict but I'll go:

Hull KR
Hull FC
Wakefield
Widnes

Warrington - I think they will have a good year, made some good signings but for me they have a consistent coach in Tony Smith in place. Some people place too much emphasis on new signings rather than the coaches in place.

St Helens - See my point above. I gather Nathan Brown wasn't universally liked by the Saints fans but I think it might take time to get used to Cunningham/Long etc.

Wigan - Will be there or thereabouts, we all know they can play but maintaining their physical approach without losing discipline is their biggest problem.

Huddersfield - Will challenge but how long can they rely on Brough to call the shots?

Leeds - See above (but replace Brough with Sinfield/Peacock etc).

Catalans - Could finish higher if they sorted away form out. Which they won't. Just about unbeatable at home.

Castleford - Won't do as well, Clark is a big loss but I think we have better halfbacks this year, 7th will still be a good achievement. Cannot understand some fans on other forums tipping us to slip by 6/7 places though!

Salford - Will finish in the playoffs but will it be seen as an achievement by the Doc? Will he resist his usual outbursts? And has he put in a place a proper marketing team to **promote** the team or it is just him posting twitter rants again?

The bottom 4 is harder to call.

Wakefield constantly have that fighting spirit and I think will just avoid bottom (once again).

Widnes - I have never ever been convinced by Betts, shown up badly in the big games last year (apart from the Playoff game), sure they reached the playoffs but with Tickle and Brown in the squad they were expected to. I absolutely hated it when people kept comparing Castleford and Widnes as having great seasons, even forgetting the off field issue at the semi final.....one team was expected to battle relegation but reached their first cup final for 22 years, finished in their highest position in Superleague, on the whole faired well against the big clubs. The other were expected to reach the playoffs and did, had an easy route to the semi, were dismal in all but a handful of games against the bigger teams.

And as for both Hull teams...for me it's one of the greatest mysteries in rugby league why they invest heavily in stadiums, playing squad etc, and then it's as if they have checked their pockets and realised they only have a couple of toffees, a bit of string and a pack of football stickers so thats the coaching budget sorted. I am sure in time Radford and Chester could become good coaches but I feel both would benefit from managing a team in the championship and then working up to a Super League job.
playoffs are top 4 this year,salford wont make top 4
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Nov 2014, 18:46

But isn't there another round of matches to decide the final positions of the top 8 ?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Nov 2014, 19:01

Tamworth Tiger wrote:But isn't there another round of matches to decide the final positions of the top 8 ?
Yes the top 8 play each other once after the split,the points carry over from the 1st 23 rounds,im confident they wont be top 4
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan