Magic Weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Magic Weekend

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 09:12

If that's the case fair enough, I didn't know, mind you neither did a few of those complaining about it!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 09:16

Oh and now that I've checked, nor does the Government UK site, they think it's 25 May too!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 18 Nov 2014, 09:55

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Oh and now that I've checked, nor does the Government UK site, they think it's 25 May too!
Bank Holiday is on Mon 25/5/15 ?!
Magic Weekend is Sat 30th & Sun 31st May which means there no Monday in May afterwards, hence no Bank holiday!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 10:06

Thanks for the clarification

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Nov 2014, 11:37

only eight teams survive every point will be vital and in the extra match someone would rather play leeds than wakey ](*,)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Nov 2014, 13:06

Put it this way if you'd of had the choice to pick who we played at Wembley in final would you still of picked leeds
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Nov 2014, 13:27

jackknife wrote:Put it this way if you'd of had the choice to pick who we played at Wembley in final would you still of picked leeds
Yes i would pick Leeds. If we would have lost to that lot at wembley they would never shut up about it, they still prattle on about the Million pound game :roll:

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 13:53

duke street 10 wrote:
jackknife wrote:Put it this way if you'd of had the choice to pick who we played at Wembley in final would you still of picked leeds
Yes i would pick Leeds. If we would have lost to that lot at wembley they would never shut up about it, they still prattle on about the Million pound game :roll:
When the do that I remind the about the 17th April 1995!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 18 Nov 2014, 14:36

tigerfeat wrote:only eight teams survive every point will be vital and in the extra match someone would rather play leeds than wakey ](*,)
So what your saying is we cant beat leeds??? Why not??? Like I say small club mentality if your happy settling and not taking risks
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 18 Nov 2014, 19:41

If it was upto me I'd look at moving a game to the Friday night if possible.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 18 Nov 2014, 21:17

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:only eight teams survive every point will be vital and in the extra match someone would rather play leeds than wakey ](*,)
So what your saying is we cant beat leeds??? Why not??? Like I say small club mentality if your happy settling and not taking risks
How is that small club mentality its a bonus 2pts which every team wants the best possible chance of winning, im sure if you asked anyone at wigan if they'd rather play sts or wakey im sure they'd all say wakey.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 18 Nov 2014, 21:55

jackknife wrote:
the machine wrote:
How is that small club mentality its a bonus 2pts which every team wants the best possible chance of winning, im sure if you asked anyone at wigan if they'd rather play sts or wakey im sure they'd all say wakey.
And yet everyone of us has predicted us to finish above leeds in the prediction thread yet no one wants them at magic weekend???

The wakey fixture at mw is dull and boring now, weve just has much chance has beating leeds and hudds as we have wakey imo
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 22:38

I kniw id much rather play wakey than leeds at magic weekend, a better chance of winning which in the end is the important thing.we won 3 last year against wakey last year true but the last one was by no means straight forward they could be a bigger challenge than people are anticipating

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 18 Nov 2014, 22:54

The home game was our own downfall 22-0 up and deciding to play harlem globetrotter stuff on our own line

I really dont expect amything from either leeds or wakey next year, just my opinion though

Michael Jordan

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 19 Nov 2014, 15:46

Id rather cas win a boring game than lose a thriller every single week of the season but thats just me
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Nov 2014, 16:40

jackknife wrote:Id rather cas win a boring game than lose a thriller every single week of the season but thats just me

Same.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 19 Nov 2014, 17:02

jackknife wrote:Id rather cas win a boring game than lose a thriller every single week of the season but thats just me
Fair enough and me too in all honesty, im clearly on my own with this magic weekend game though lol

Michael Jordan

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 19 Nov 2014, 17:15

the machine wrote: Fair enough and me too in all honesty, im clearly on my own with this magic weekend game though lol
No machine I'm with ya ... on paper at least the Cas / Wakey fixture is now possibly the biggest mismatch at MW & hence unfair to everyone (except us!) ... the fixtures have some local derbies but that isn't & can't be case for everyone (as Catalan have to play someone) ... so for me the fairer way would be to have 1st -v- 2nd; 3rd -v- 4th, etc., from previous season. We'd have Hudds on that basis, with Wakey -v- Hull.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 19 Nov 2014, 17:56

I of the Tigers wrote:
the machine wrote: Fair enough and me too in all honesty, im clearly on my own with this magic weekend game though lol
No machine I'm with ya ... on paper at least the Cas / Wakey fixture is now possibly the biggest mismatch at MW & hence unfair to everyone (except us!) ... the fixtures have some local derbies but that isn't & can't be case for everyone (as Catalan have to play someone) ... so for me the fairer way would be to have 1st -v- 2nd; 3rd -v- 4th, etc., from previous season. We'd have Hudds on that basis, with Wakey -v- Hull.
Funny, butlLocal derbies have a habit of turning form (and class) on their head. They owe us one at the moment

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 19 Nov 2014, 18:02

I of the Tigers wrote:
Im just bored of spending hundreds for magic weekend to watch us play same team every year, justbthink refreshing the fixtures would of brought abit of extra enthusiasm from the fans

Michael Jordan