Magic Weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Wf10Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Magic Weekend

Post by Wf10Tiger » 16 Nov 2014, 21:14

Last game on the Sunday is Cas v Wakey

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Magic Weekend

Post by duke street 10 » 16 Nov 2014, 21:28

New venue, same old fixture....boring! 5 of the 6 fixtures repeats of last year.

I hope we aren't allocated tickets next to them either...last game on Sunday...think you can guess what i am thinking :roll:

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 16 Nov 2014, 22:49

Looks like trains may be a bit of an issue for the return leg on this school night. There won't be many left to catch them by the time the game is finished anyway.......
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 16 Nov 2014, 23:26

Who knows how the RFL decide the fixtures for MW, but they've seen us right for once (again)! I'm with duke street, time for a shake up ... we could have had Catalans or Giants which on paper would have been a fairer match up than Wakey. But last game on a Sunday in Newcastle ... fraid I'll be steering well clear.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Nov 2014, 13:09

i would settle for playing wakey for a extra two points everyday of the week
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Nov 2014, 13:31

The cas wakey magic weekend fixture is well past its sell by date, would of preferred hudds or leeds

the other fixtures needed a change which they havent got either

5/6 same as last 2 year

gonna be a really poor attendance imo
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 17 Nov 2014, 15:44

Well easy 2pts for us so happy with that, why anyone would want a hard fixture like leeds or hudds is beyond me. This is an extra game to add to the usual home n away fixtures isnt it
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Nov 2014, 15:46

jackknife wrote:Well easy 2pts for us so happy with that, why anyone would want a hard fixture like leeds or hudds is beyond me. This is an extra game to add to the usual home n away fixtures isnt it
Why not? We can beat both of those teams next year id rather not stick to the small club mentality that some have
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 17 Nov 2014, 18:43

Cant see many neutral fans staying to watch they will head off home due to school and work the following day and to be honest i think some of our own fans will be put off by the finsh time and stay at home.

Surely it would have been a better idea to kick the sunday games off at least an hour earlier to allow people to get home at a reasonable time.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 17 Nov 2014, 19:47

viva brad wrote: i think some of our own fans will be put off by the finsh time and stay at home.
The couch is calling me for definite, few hotel rooms available, late finish and poor rail times are all contributing.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 17 Nov 2014, 20:01

Top class planning by the RFL
Choose Newcastle the weekend after NUFC are home last game of the season on Bank Holiday Weekend

As good a city Newcastle is with friendly locals its not a big city. So hotels will be a struggle

East coast located cutting down access for North West fans

School next day close to exam time

same old fixtures

Top Class planning you have to say!

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 18 Nov 2014, 00:06

I have been no great lover of the RFL over the years and still aren't, but sometimes they just cannot win whatever they do. It's right what some say now, that our fans will moan whatever. Firstly someone has to play at 5.30 pm on the Sunday and why should it not be us. Bear in mind this is our eighth Magic Weekend and we have never ever played the last game on the Sunday. Others have had to do it, and so we should take our turn, when it's due.

Secondly like it or not, Wakey is a great fixture for us. Sure we could beat the likes of Leeds and Huddersfield, but we could also lose. I do not underestimate Wakey and on their day they show great spirit, and can beat most teams, but lets not beat about the bush, we have far more chance of beating them than any of the others, with the possible exception of Widnes.

The indisputable fact, is that next season SL is dfefinitely going to be the most competitive it's been for a long time, and it's vital we stay out of the bottom four and get as high as possible. Just because we finished fourth this year, it's not a foregone conclusion we cannot come in the bottom four. We finished above Leeds and Warrington, but they could easily reverse that next season. Four of the others teams that finished below us, namely both Hull clubs, Catalans and Salford have all recruited very well and should improve and be much better than last year. I am confident we will have a good season again, but without last seasons two chopping blocks, it's going to be much more condensed and much tougher. Any helping hand is welcome, and the fixture against Wakey is a helping hand whichever way you look at it. If we had been lined up against Saints or Leeds, I will have positively guaranteed you that some fans would have moaned and alleged that the RFL were trying to stop us in our tracks, by jacking us up against powerful opposition. As I say I am no lover of them and they have has a lot to answer for over the years, but sometimes they just can't win, whatever they do.

I have only been to one Magic Weekend in 2009, but I am going to this one. I have been to Newcastle a few times, it's a great city that I have enjoyed. and for me an excellent location.
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 01:18

If it's Bank Holiday Weekend, how many people are at school or working on the Monday? Unless I'm missing something, what's the problem?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 01:54

Tamworth Tiger wrote:If it's Bank Holiday Weekend, how many people are at school or working on the Monday? Unless I'm missing something, what's the problem?
Just what I was thinking. But I'll be working the Monday 9 hours at double bubble!

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 18 Nov 2014, 08:25

Tamworth Tiger wrote:If it's Bank Holiday Weekend, how many people are at school or working on the Monday? Unless I'm missing something, what's the problem?
It's not a bank holiday weekend.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 09:12

If that's the case fair enough, I didn't know, mind you neither did a few of those complaining about it!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 09:16

Oh and now that I've checked, nor does the Government UK site, they think it's 25 May too!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 18 Nov 2014, 09:55

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Oh and now that I've checked, nor does the Government UK site, they think it's 25 May too!
Bank Holiday is on Mon 25/5/15 ?!
Magic Weekend is Sat 30th & Sun 31st May which means there no Monday in May afterwards, hence no Bank holiday!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Nov 2014, 10:06

Thanks for the clarification

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Nov 2014, 11:37

only eight teams survive every point will be vital and in the extra match someone would rather play leeds than wakey ](*,)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi