Top of the League

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Top of the League

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 05 Nov 2014, 19:07

We did get there after all. Just been on the Super League website, and as a result of Bradford's relegation, we start the position top of the league based on the alphabet
Let's enjoy it while we can!

andrew spencer
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Top of the League

Post by andrew spencer » 06 Nov 2014, 14:22

Did you really have to go on the website to realise that?

Even my Tamworth exile mate Harry Barlow over here in Colne worked out his beloved Aston Villa were second in the Premier League before a ball was kicked.

muckymunksy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by muckymunksy » 13 Nov 2014, 12:18

Cool story Bro

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Nov 2014, 12:14

just wonder how people think we will go next season can we push on from last season or will it be a struggle to stay in the eight im quite optomistic we will go well again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

hard team to follow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hard team to follow » 14 Nov 2014, 17:39

tigerfeat wrote:just wonder how people think we will go next season can we push on from last season or will it be a struggle to stay in the eight im quite optomistic we will go well again
think it will be hard struggle just stay up never mind 8 this is a massive gamble the club done this year hope pays off but I am not confident.

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 14 Nov 2014, 18:21

hard team to follow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:just wonder how people think we will go next season can we push on from last season or will it be a struggle to stay in the eight im quite optomistic we will go well again
think it will be hard struggle just stay up never mind 8 this is a massive gamble the club done this year hope pays off but I am not confident.
Not sure what you mean by massive gamble - are you referring to Clarke and Huby leaving or something else?
I really believe we go well next season, I think DP has made some astute signings and although any team in Superleague would miss the likes of Daryl Clark and Craig Huby, I reckon that overall, our new signings will actually make us stronger.

Chubbs probably had his best ever season in 2015, but his form and that of Daryl Clark did dip after the injury to Huby, whether that was down to the injury, other teams finding us out or just a natural loss of form, we'll probably never know, but I think that Millo missing for most of the run in, had a bigger impact and the fact that he will be fit for the start of the season, along with the new guys, should make us a force to be reckoned with once again. I'll wait to see what the odds are for another top 8 finish before having a wager, but I have every confidence in DP and DO to do the business once again.

COYF!!!
Danny Boy

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Nov 2014, 22:27

Danny Boy wrote:
hard team to follow wrote:
Chubbs probably had his best ever season in 2015!
Can you tell me tomorrow nights lottery numbers since you've predicted how Huby will go NEXT season!!!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Nov 2014, 22:30

Sorry, but I don't get this big fuss about Huby leaving. I'm sure it's only because he's local. Don't get me wrong, he's been a good player for us and, as a support, I appeciated his loyalty but, hand on heart, we can do better.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Nov 2014, 22:50

Very good player but not irreplaceable,really think jewitt his gonna hit another level this season and i think we're gonna see a revitalised boyle
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Nov 2014, 23:53

Fumper27 wrote:Sorry, but I don't get this big fuss about Huby leaving. I'm sure it's only because he's local. Don't get me wrong, he's been a good player for us and, as a support, I appeciated his loyalty but, hand on heart, we can do better.
I'm with you there fumper, great offload but an average prop apart from that. the fact that he was a local lad influenced peoples judgement of him. i think another local lad will step up to the plate in ryan boyle and that will probably sway of how i rate him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 15 Nov 2014, 00:59

Fumper27 wrote:
Danny Boy wrote: Chubbs probably had his best ever season in 2015!
Can you tell me tomorrow nights lottery numbers since you've predicted how Huby will go NEXT season!!!
You heard it here first Fumper...2015 best ever season for Chubbs and he will finally get international recognition, although unfortunately for him, his new team will still fail to get decent support, will finish below Cas in the league and won't win a trophy!
Tomorrow nights winning lottery numbers are definitely going to be 6 numbers between 1 and 49...
...and I'm obviously not going to tell you the winning numbers, as then I would have to share with who knows how many other people.
Not that I wouldn't want to share my good fortune with my fellow Cas supporters, because if there was any group of people in the world I would share with, then it would of course be the same people I have shared so many great memories with since I started watching my team, so a good portion of any jackpot would be invested in Cas Tigers, in some way that would make a difference.
COYF!!!
Danny Boy

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 15 Nov 2014, 22:28

I personally don't think we will go as well as last season. I hope they prove me wrong, but i think we are still a big forward light in my opinion. As for Boyle i really hope he doesn't have recurring knee problems that Jonny Walker had while he was with us. The half backs might not gel either.

As for the two Samoans, they look very promising but we can't be sure they will settle, Melbourne to Castleford could be an eye opener for them and their families...though Moors might be happy he is closer to Anfield to make regular visits(hear he's a Liverpool fan).

Shoot me down guys but i am going for somewhere between 6th and 9th.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Nov 2014, 14:08

The history of Super League suggests (apart from the usual suspects) the team that sparkles one year will struggle the following.
Spreading the Cas gene pool