2015 fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: 2015 fixtures

Post by stevieP » 20 Oct 2014, 15:46

TT Tiger wrote:Can anyone tell me what will happen to the fixtures on the weekend of 18/19 April as hull kr vs Salford and wakey vs hull will have to be prosponed for the challenge cup.
The top eight Super League clubs from 2014 will enter the Challenge Cup at the sixth round stage over the weekend of May 17-18, one round later than in previous years; the clubs that finished last season in ninth to 12th places will enter the Cup in Round 5.

The above quote is from superleague.co.uk
There seems to be some confusion as last night it said on the rfl facebook page that the 5th round of the cup is on the weekend of 11/12 April, the weekend we play Hull KR at home, who will be playing in the cup. I have seen various sites/publications today which says the 5th round of the cup is on 11/19 April? Also in league weekly it says on our fixture list we play Hull KR on the Sunday but on the Hull KR fixture list its on the Saturday and is on Sky? ](*,)

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 20 Oct 2014, 15:54

Looks like it is weekend of April 18/19 as the teams finishing 9-12th all down to play each other and no League 1 fixtures that weekend.

I presume that they will re-arrange for another cup weekend if they've been knocked out or midweek later in the season.

andrew spencer
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andrew spencer » 21 Oct 2014, 13:42

I thought nine - 10 if HKR is confirmed - out of 23 on TV was pretty good until I found out Leeds are on 12 times out of 23 - more than half their games - while searching for fixtures for a mate who is a Rhinos fan.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 21 Oct 2014, 15:48

Bengal wrote:To be fair, it's not a bad set of fixtures. Wakey at home first is a good game to start ...
On paper it is a good fixture to start with, but there is always a surprise package (as we were somewhat early last season).
I'm not saying Wakey will be that surprise package, but I also believe that them at home first game is a bit of a banana skin & if we don't come up with a W then it'll put us on the back foot ... it gets tougher for us after them. COYF

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Oct 2014, 16:26

you're right there, wakey have small squad but should go fairly well early season until they start picking up injuries.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Oct 2014, 11:17

we really need to get off to a good start if we can i think there may be a suprise or two in the eight that survive end of july
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 13:46

Leeds squad is getting rather small ( and older) be interesting to see how they go

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 24 Oct 2014, 18:07

It will be interesting to see who steps up to be our superstars this time and hope we get off to a good start against Wakey.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Oct 2014, 18:33

Roberts
moore
millington
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 19:20

Carney. I think he will have a big season

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 19:28

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Carney. I think he will have a big season
Great call. I do too.
Oli Holmes is guaranteed to keep improving but I'd like to see him bulk up just a little.
Think of the new recruits Luke Gale will go very well.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Oct 2014, 19:51

Carney needs to stay away from red hall and get the ball quicker to have a big season
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 20:24

the machine wrote:Carney needs to stay away from red hall and get the ball quicker to have a big season
Spot on. It'd be a great shame if his talents are not fully show cased sometime soon. He & the coaching staff must be aware by now of what's required to deliver. C'mon Justin!

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 26 Oct 2014, 06:20

At more than occasion last season carney had a run in if shenton had passed think he was abit greedy last year!

For me carney can be one if our best players but I'm also expecting big things from Holmes and roberts,

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 26 Oct 2014, 20:21

welshy wrote:At more than occasion last season carney had a run in if shenton had passed think he was abit greedy last year! ,
What? Shenton ran when the winger turned his back to him because they were scared of Carney getting it, if they didn't he passed it.

That's why the Cas left edge is dangerous, the winger has to make the tough decision of help stop Shenton or stop a pass to Carney.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 26 Oct 2014, 20:38

Fixtures now added to the all powerful kitchen calendar.........very strange not having fixtures in August, as yet, as Papa said. I suddenly feel less likely to renew my season ticket for some reason?
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 26 Oct 2014, 20:41

cvtiger wrote:Fixtures now added to the all powerful kitchen calendar.........very strange not having fixtures in August, as yet, as Papa said. I suddenly feel less likely to renew my season ticket for some reason?
Why? We'll still get games in August and September at home. They're just not announced yet due to split.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 26 Oct 2014, 23:41

That's the problem, I am not gonna be able to plan my hols around the published fixtures cos we don't get em til end of July. If I'm going to miss 2 or 3 home games the tight hearted Yorkshire man in me will see no benefit from a season ticket, I'll just pay on the door.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 27 Oct 2014, 08:54

cvtiger wrote:That's the problem, I am not gonna be able to plan my hols around the published fixtures cos we don't get em til end of July. If I'm going to miss 2 or 3 home games the tight hearted Yorkshire man in me will see no benefit from a season ticket, I'll just pay on the door.
Good point cvt, I was thinking the same. I don't want to sound mercenary, but the fact is that the cost (upfront) for a season ticket isn't really that attractive a proposition if there are circumstances where you can't make every game, & also don't want to go to, or can't make, academy games.
I haven't done the maths on this, perhaps it's one for HT to get his teeth into ?!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 28 Oct 2014, 00:15

Really depends on matchday prices next year. This is all based on last year.

If you buy at an advanced price of £19 (based on last year), a season ticket cost Is equivalent to 11.8 games.

Given that we're going to have at least 14 games including Super 8 games, if you missed two games, it would be more expensive buying up front than buying a ST (reliant on you buying in advance every time). You'd have to miss 3 to make it cheaper. Should we have 15 home games, then you'd have to miss 4 games. Remember the 15th game is only "free" to ST holders. Presumably non-ST holders will still have to pay full whack. Is it really worth the effort of having to go into the club shop every week for the sake of £16 quid or 7 pints-ish? I expect a backlash from this comment but parking in Cas, plus personal time doing so would surely equate to more than £16 over course of a season?

But this changes should you buy on turnstile prices (£21). You'd have to miss 4 games to make it cheaper with 14 games or 5 games with 15.

However, without a ST you wouldn't get associated discounts locally still and you wouldn't get priority ticketing either, as well as missing out on U18 games (free). Not to mention 50% off Magic Weekend and 10% off merchandise.

So for someone buying a home and away shirt, attending Magic and attending 11 matches on priority tickets (£326 approx), it's probably cheaper getting a ST (£320 circa).

Nevertheless, I still think it's vitally important we commit to buying season tickets. I say it every year. It would disappoint me that our fans would rather deliberately miss games to make it cheaper for themselves than commit to buying a ST.

The club runs off of us; without us it wouldn't exist. If it knows it can get 5000 ST holders up front it makes it easier to work out budgets the next season. If 5000 people buy a ST then the club knows it can afford to spend the full cap or more money than it does (if it allows).

If we only sell 2k season tickets we will work to that as a minimum budget for recruitment as there's no guarantee floating supporters will turn up. We have a choice to make: support the club and strengthen it, or pick and choose and weaken its prospects.

I know people cannot always afford to buy STs but for those of us that can I urge you to buy one. If we all work together then maybe down the line we can convert people into full ST holders and make this club a prosperous and successful one.

Getting to Wembley last season should have whetted the appetite for anyone to make it a regular occurrence, not just a flash in the pan. Supporting the club with STs, shirts etc will give a grounding to facilitate that. No guarantees but least we can say we've done our best.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!