Daryl Clark - Man of Steel

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Daryl Clark - Man of Steel

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Oct 2014, 23:01

And young player of the year.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Daryl Clark - Man of Steel

Post by old cas lass » 08 Oct 2014, 23:41

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: FANTASTICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 09 Oct 2014, 06:40

Man of Steel.
Coach of the Year.
Young Player of the Year.

Brilliant night. We'll try to forget about the club of the year.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 09 Oct 2014, 08:30

Such a shame were not going to see the double winner in Cas colours next season

Well Done Daryl youve been awsome and have put yourself on the big stage in style. Back it up in the Internationals and have no regrets.

Well Done Mr Powell - richly deserved and lets build on this fabulous year weve had and begin to build a legacy the the World of RL admire fear and respect

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 09 Oct 2014, 08:32

ERG2012 wrote:Such a shame were not going to see the double winner in Cas colours next season

Well Done Daryl youve been awsome and have put yourself on the big stage in style. Back it up in the Internationals and have no regrets.

Well Done Mr Powell - richly deserved and lets build on this fabulous year weve had and begin to build a legacy the the World of RL admire fear and respect
I thought he had lost it with the dip in form, but im delighted for both Daryl's :clap: :clap: :clap:

tigerlad2208

Post by tigerlad2208 » 09 Oct 2014, 08:45

ERG2012 wrote:Such a shame were not going to see the double winner in Cas colours next season
Was wondering about this last night, just as a quiz question special. When was the last time the Man of Steel winner played for a different club the following season? Not in terms of going back or to play in Australia but moving domestically. Just interested really.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Oct 2014, 08:55

tigerlad2208 wrote:
Was wondering about this last night, just as a quiz question special. When was the last time the Man of Steel winner played for a different club the following season? Not in terms of going back or to play in Australia but moving domestically. Just interested really.
Don't know, but none of the three that wee have had have stayed very long!!

Southern Boy

Post by Southern Boy » 09 Oct 2014, 11:51

Perhaps we are getting too paranoid about conspiracy in the RFL. It's rare people are without prejudices but folk in jobs like theirs invariably want to do their best. It's true we seem to have had poor refereeing decisions against us at times but again, in most sports, referees can make mistakes, & some even appear inadequate, but it's next to possible to name a cheat with certainty. If the whole system was against us we wouldn't have got so close as we have to silverware, Clarke would be Young Player of the Year only & club & coach of the year would have gone to trophy winners. It's too much to think the awards ceremony was only going to reward 1 team.
Besides anything else we will all feel better if we celebrate our progress & stop worrying someone, somewhere might have it in for us.
It's been a great season which has stretched the squad further than it was ever recruited to do. Now we have to trust the team at Cas to build, learn & be better again.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Oct 2014, 12:08

Totally agree. Said something similar on another thread. Just think Widnes were a bad call as an investigation is still pending re the Semi

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 09 Oct 2014, 13:20

Southern Boy wrote:Perhaps we are getting too paranoid about conspiracy in the RFL. It's rare people are without prejudices but folk in jobs like theirs invariably want to do their best. It's true we seem to have had poor refereeing decisions against us at times but again, in most sports, referees can make mistakes, & some even appear inadequate, but it's next to possible to name a cheat with certainty. If the whole system was against us we wouldn't have got so close as we have to silverware, Clarke would be Young Player of the Year only & club & coach of the year would have gone to trophy winners. It's too much to think the awards ceremony was only going to reward 1 team.
Besides anything else we will all feel better if we celebrate our progress & stop worrying someone, somewhere might have it in for us.
It's been a great season which has stretched the squad further than it was ever recruited to do. Now we have to trust the team at Cas to build, learn & be better again.
I don't necessarily disagree with this view but just to add fuel to the fire, it wouldn't be a conspiracy if it was blatantly obvious. Conspiracies need to appear to be covert.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 09 Oct 2014, 15:28

Congrats to Daryl Powell and Daryl Clark on their awards.

I expected 3 awards but not the 3 we received. I thought it would be Cas, Powell, Clark and Peacock.

It would have been somewhat amusing had Clark picked up the Man of Steel but not the YPOY award. Best player in the league but not the best youngster would have been a strange one to explain.

Vowles, Chase and now Clark. Who could be our next MOS winner?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Oct 2014, 15:33

Southern Boy wrote:Perhaps we are getting too paranoid about conspiracy in the RFL. It's rare people are without prejudices but folk in jobs like theirs invariably want to do their best. It's true we seem to have had poor refereeing decisions against us at times but again, in most sports, referees can make mistakes, & some even appear inadequate, but it's next to possible to name a cheat with certainty. If the whole system was against us we wouldn't have got so close as we have to silverware, Clarke would be Young Player of the Year only & club & coach of the year would have gone to trophy winners. It's too much to think the awards ceremony was only going to reward 1 team.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Oct 2014, 15:34

legionited wrote:Congrats to Daryl Powell and Daryl Clark on their awards.

I expected 3 awards but not the 3 we received. I thought it would be Cas, Powell, Clark and Peacock.

It would have been somewhat amusing had Clark picked up the Man of Steel but not the YPOY award. Best player in the league but not the best youngster would have been a strange one to explain.

Grant millington and scott moore
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

yorkie1bn
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by yorkie1bn » 09 Oct 2014, 16:52

the machine wrote:

Oliver Holmes ?

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Oct 2014, 16:55

the machine wrote:

shenny and ollie
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 09 Oct 2014, 16:57

i feel sorry for any one going to wire from cas. they play in primrose, its just a pale imitation of the famous amber.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 09 Oct 2014, 19:34

lurcher wrote:i feel sorry for any one going to wire from cas. they play in primrose, its just a pale imitation of the famous amber.
Nice one lurcher ... I've never quite got some of the club colours that exist : is claret & gold much different from cerise & fawn (we all know the first but some may struggle with the second!)

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 09 Oct 2014, 20:41

Cerise and fawn - Catalans?

Long live the Tigers!!!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 09 Oct 2014, 20:43

da_jimbob_7 wrote:Cerise and fawn - Catalans?
Try again d_j !

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 09 Oct 2014, 20:45

Bradford?

Long live the Tigers!!!