Club of the Year = Widnes

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Club of the Year = Widnes

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Oct 2014, 12:36

cas tigress wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
cas tigress wrote:
BilboJeggings wrote:I wouldn't worry about it.

Man of Steel is a major achievement, and will follow Daryl Clark for the rest of his career - He'll always be referred to as Man of Steel Winner - and he got it while playing for Cas.

Coach and Young Player are also prestigious individual awards, and will be remembered by a wide audience.

Club of the Year doesn't really mean much as far as I can see. The real club awards that anyone cares about are SL Champions, CC Winner and League leaders in that order. Club of the Year is nowhere in comparison, and no-one will remember who won it by this time next year.
I can remember us winning it and it meant a lot to the club very prestigious .
That's because we were nowhere near winning owt else at the time!!!
If I remember correctly we were 80 minutes away from the grand final I would not class that as being nowhere
And less than five minutes away from Wembley too!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Oct 2014, 12:44

still have nightmares about that game with london...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Oct 2014, 14:37

tigerfeat wrote:still have nightmares about that game with london...
Me too. Worse feeling i've ever had in all my time supporting the club. Still feel the hurt today.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 14 Oct 2014, 14:45

cas tigress wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
cas tigress wrote:

Man of Steel is a major achievement, and will follow Daryl Clark for the rest of his career - He'll always be referred to as Man of Steel Winner - and he got it while playing for Cas.

Coach and Young Player are also prestigious individual awards, and will be remembered by a wide audience.

Club of the Year doesn't really mean much as far as I can see. The real club awards that anyone cares about are SL Champions, CC Winner and League leaders in that order. Club of the Year is nowhere in comparison, and no-one will remember who won it by this time next year.[/quote

If I remember correctly we were 80 minutes away from the grand final I would not class that as being nowhere
I would. It's that sort of attitude that marks is out as "a small club". 80 minutes from a Grand Final, 5 minutes from Wembley. That's the attitude of folk who accept 2nd best. Might as well be out in the first round. We should be aiming to WIN and not just be content with putting up a good show. Despite all the progress this season, the trophy cabinet is still bare.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Oct 2014, 14:59

Fumper27 wrote:

Despite all the progress this season, the trophy cabinet is still bare.
Yeah but so is 12 other clubs as well.
Been one of the best seasons for a long time.

I do agree with we shouldn't think its ok when we come second....it's not.
Only winners are grinners.

Coming 2nd is a failure, we need to start putting CC finals and games like the Catalans game into wins.
It will happen one day, but we need to continue to progress AND BUILT on this seasons success.

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 14 Oct 2014, 17:28

Fumper27 wrote:
cas tigress wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
cas tigress wrote:

Club of the Year doesn't really mean much as far as I can see. The real club awards that anyone cares about are SL Champions, CC Winner and League leaders in that order. Club of the Year is nowhere in comparison, and no-one will remember who won it by this time next year.[/quote

I would. It's that sort of attitude that marks is out as "a small club". 80 minutes from a Grand Final, 5 minutes from Wembley. That's the attitude of folk who accept 2nd best. Might as well be out in the first round. We should be aiming to WIN and not just be content with putting up a good show. Despite all the progress this season, the trophy cabinet is still bare.
Might aswell go out in the first round and and lose any revenue from the rounds and semi finals seems to me you do not know much about the game to make remarks like you are making, or do you have a secret recipe to generate money to sign players that can fill the trophy cupboard.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 16 Oct 2014, 08:25

Did it take the rfl this long to slap the 40k fine on us. I arent being sarcastic here just asking a genuine question.

There was no photographic evidence of the idiots who chanted the homophobic chant. But there is plenty of film and photos of the pitch invaders so why is it taking so long.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Oct 2014, 08:52

They've all gone to oz with england team so no chance of a result yet.