2015 Kit

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: 2015 Kit

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 12:23

Is it not an improved existing deal that was already meant to be in place next year? If it is surly this is a good bit of negotiation.

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 24 Oct 2014, 12:29

I of the Tigers wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Yeah these pesky companies ploughing money into our club really gets my goat.

:roll:
They'll be ploughing nothing except their wider brand exposure at minimal cost to them. Saying nothing about the fact that we have to continue to drink their mass produced fizz at top whack prices.
I stand by what I said .... this whole kit thing smacks of tail wagging dog. Dropped our trousers big style ...
No one makes you drink it. Its not part off the deal that entering the ground means you have partake in numerous pints of lager.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Oct 2014, 12:32

Kenilworth Tiger wrote:
I'd say that's all we ned to know then thanks
I'd say that you need to remember that we are all entitled to our opinions. It's what a forum like this is about.
Its not about making judgements on posters, when you know nothing about their background, knowledge & experience.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Oct 2014, 12:55

I of the Tigers wrote:
Kenilworth Tiger wrote:Yeah these pesky companies ploughing money into our club really gets my goat.

They'll be ploughing nothing except their wider brand exposure at minimal cost to them. Saying nothing about the fact that we have to continue to drink their mass produced fizz at top whack prices.
I stand by what I said .... this whole kit thing smacks of tail wagging dog. Dropped our trousers big style ...
The beer deal is with Carlsberg. I know they own Tetley but I believe the beer deal is up at the end of next season. Two separate deals possibly.

However, there is one key line in the press release that stands out to me: "bring the name to both the home and away club shirts, which will still be honoured for the upcoming campaign.

Sounds to me like we've told them that they can keep their spot on the shirt, possibly for a better deal in terms of beer - hence restructuring again. I hope this is what it is implying anyway.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 24 Oct 2014, 14:07

legionited wrote:Image

If they're either of the top 2 or the bottom right shirt I'll probably buy one.
I will make a guess the home shirt is all white from the shoulders down to the chest,black stripe under that then Orange :( for the rest of the body. Then Black & White striped sleeves, the away shirt could be a reversal of the above in some way.

A return to black shorts would be good...with striped socks of two or all three colours.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 24 Oct 2014, 15:40

I actually like the Wests kit.

Shirtoffmyback
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shirtoffmyback » 24 Oct 2014, 15:55

laburnumtiger wrote:It may sound childish to some on here but this deal could really cost the club big time, I have read quite a few comments on here and spoken to a good few other people who have said if the club is planning on going to orange as its new main colour then they will not be buying any new merchandise. As I said this may sound childish to many but if this is a common feeling then the club could be in trouble, its also troubling when certain high up people from within the club are saying the marketing division are clules when it comes to things like this.
On a personal note I am far less than impressed by what I have seen in the shop up to now.
If people at the top are saying that the marketing people are clueless, they need to be asking questions why.
I have tried to book hospitality but emails are ignored
Had a conversation with a sponsor, as always turns to Cas. Asked him.about this years shirt and what's it is like. Answer I'll put it this s way it wonton going ngbup in the office. Home is orange with a black and white v. Away is orange and white striped with black lines. Unless he was winding me up.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 24 Oct 2014, 15:57

Andrew6666 wrote:I actually like the Wests kit.
That's as maybe but it's their kit and not ours. Surely we should have and control our own identity?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Wf10Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Wf10Tiger » 24 Oct 2014, 16:13

Shirtoffmyback wrote:
laburnumtiger wrote: Home is orange with a black and white v. Away is orange and white striped with black .
Sounds alright to me. At the end of they day not everybody is going to like them. Which is the same with every clubs kit every season. Some people may not have liked last years or the kit 10 years ago but might like this one, you can't please everyone. Like most things if I like it I'll buy it, if I don't I won't. It's that simple to me.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Oct 2014, 17:37

The home kit for 2013 was absolutely horrendous imo but seemed really popular amongst most

if laburnumtiger is correct they sound fine to me
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 24 Oct 2014, 18:06

Keithy wrote:
I of the Tigers wrote:

No one makes you drink it. Its not part off the deal that entering the ground means you have partake in numerous pints of lager.
JESUS ! Keep that one quiet, The wife thinks its all part of the day out ( me been forced to drink numerous pints ) .. she drops me off at 12 30 so i can get a seat lol , bless her :lol: :lol:

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 27 Oct 2014, 14:15

Have Cas given up on the sneak peek or are we due another one soon.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 27 Oct 2014, 15:17

GThornton wrote:Have Cas given up on the sneak peek or are we due another one soon.
iTS on the cas web site now mate

chief193
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chief193 » 27 Oct 2014, 16:28

the 2013 shifts sold out in all but the most extreme sizes, i suspect this was more to do with the teams performance than the design/colour of the shirt. if we play well the shirt will sell. i have the wests vest top, its nice and ill buy a cas one, not really that bothered what shade of amber ;) we play in. i actually like all those wests tops in the picture and think the pink one is a good idea for the ladies/girls and would sell well.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 27 Oct 2014, 21:37

Orange..... couldnt see the goons loosing cherry or wire the primrose, who votes for this colour change,

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Oct 2014, 22:37

speedy wrote:Orange..... couldnt see the goons loosing cherry or wire the primrose, who votes for this colour change,

No they went that awful red/pink colour, not cherry and white.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Gert
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gert » 28 Oct 2014, 00:49

Had a look in the shop today, the orange debate seems like it will carry on for a while but even worse is that everything just looks cheap and tacky! The polo shirts look like a darts players shirt! Nothing in there to get me parting with some cash in afraid

Standing tiger

Post by Standing tiger » 28 Oct 2014, 10:14

Agree, totally uninspiring....

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 28 Oct 2014, 10:57

Is it today the shirt is revealed?!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 28 Oct 2014, 11:09

welshy wrote:Is it today the shirt is revealed?!
Next tuesday
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan