When will we Know

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

When will we Know

Post by fast hands » 06 Oct 2014, 16:19

There must be someone out there who knows who is being retained and released.
Jordan Tansey is he staying. Must be one most fans want to know about, if he went on the booze or drugs, it would have been all over town by now. If he doesn't figure in DP's plans surely it would have been announced by now. Not only Tansey there are others that perhaps don't figure in the future plans, as fans of the club put us out of our speculation at who is staying and who is going please, because at work we have all selected our squad and we all agree to differ what it will be.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: When will we Know

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2014, 16:27

They have all been announced.

Tansey is under contract for next season so the club just can't get rid like you seemingly suggest. All questions that I am sure will be answered over time; after all, we are still yet to have that meeting with Steve Gill that was announced nearly a month ago.

Out: Fleming, Carvell, Clark, Huby, Ellis, Hauraki.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Oct 2014, 17:46

HuddsTigers wrote:They have all been announced.

Tansey is under contract for next season so the club just can't get rid like you seemingly suggest. All questions that I am sure will be answered over time; after all, we are still yet to have that meeting with Steve Gill that was announced nearly a month ago.

Out: Fleming, Carvell, Clark, Huby, Ellis, Hauraki.
who are we ?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2014, 17:53

The fans

"I intend to arrange a 'Meet The Directors Evening' in the near future and would welcome all fans to consider joining us that night to ask any questions about the future direction of the Castleford Tigers."

Taken from 27th August.

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 06 Oct 2014, 18:01

We know those six have gone Hudds, what I mean players from the club i:e under 19s etc

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Oct 2014, 18:06

HuddsTigers wrote:The fans

"I intend to arrange a 'Meet The Directors Evening' in the near future and would welcome all fans to consider joining us that night to ask any questions about the future direction of the Castleford Tigers."

Taken from 27th August.

Flipping heck, I must have missed that.
Never saw it.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 06 Oct 2014, 18:09

tansy is a strange one, hes been with the squad at most of the games, yet theres no indication of whats happening with him. the fact that hes contracted to us for another year doesn't answer the question, ie whats he / the club going to do about him?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2014, 19:14

yorky wrote:tansy is a strange one, hes been with the squad at most of the games, yet theres no indication of whats happening with him. the fact that hes contracted to us for another year doesn't answer the question, ie whats he / the club going to do about him?
Well, it does because - unless another club comes in for him - he'll be with us next season.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 06 Oct 2014, 19:17

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:tansy is a strange one, hes been with the squad at most of the games, yet theres no indication of whats happening with him. the fact that hes contracted to us for another year doesn't answer the question, ie whats he / the club going to do about him?
Well, it does because - unless another club comes in for him - he'll be with us next season.
Doing what though, another expensive water carrier?

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 06 Oct 2014, 22:37

It is a strange one it has been said he has another year on his contract which suggests he has not done anything wrong that would let the club let him go without a payout, so what was the reason he has not played for a while I hope another situation like the mason saga has not arose where the coach is content to let him sit his time out on the sidelines he is much to good a player for that, so if that is the case then someone wants to pull their finger out and sort it out.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 07 Oct 2014, 00:39

i thought i had read some where that DP wasn't happy with tanseys attitude in training.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 07 Oct 2014, 06:44

hes useless. id rather he didnt play id rather have dorn clare or solomona at fullback

Jugadores

Post by Jugadores » 07 Oct 2014, 09:48

On his day, Tansey is the best FB at the club, obviously some disciplinary issues have raised their heads. But other than Wire away, and maybe Hull at home, he never let the club down on the pitch. At least he shows an interest in tackling and saved some certain tries last season with big hits, ask Kevin Penny. I really hope he has a good pre season, and comes back next year ready to put his demons behind. If we do release him to one of our rivals , for example Wakey, he could easily come back to bite us on the back side. I know people won't agree with this but I'm really not a fan of Dorn at FB, would much preferred to have seem him at 6 when Finn n Sneyd were faultering.

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 07 Oct 2014, 12:42

dude wrote:hes useless. id rather he didnt play id rather have dorn clare or solomona at fullback
Disagree with you tansy is a lot better than Dorn who was crap the last several games, Clare is a better wingman than fullback and you cannot really comment on solomono until he puts on a cas shirt.

andrew spencer
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andrew spencer » 07 Oct 2014, 12:59

Any more news about Thomas Minns?

Someone posted on rlfans on Sunday that we had signed him but there has still been no official announcement one way or the other

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Oct 2014, 13:07

cas tigress wrote:
dude wrote:hes useless. id rather he didnt play id rather have dorn clare or solomona at fullback
Disagree with you tansy is a lot better than Dorn who was crap the last several games, Clare is a better wingman than fullback and you cannot really comment on solomono until he puts on a cas shirt.
Dorn's form coincides with the side's form.

I'm always a fan of the mantra that a full-back can only be as good as the defence in front of him. At the end of the day, if the team leaks points and sides break through our defence at will, of course Dorn is going to miss tackles - same for other full-backs too.

Dorn has saved us points with last-ditch tackles too - may have been KR at home but I can certainly remember him flattening someone.

However, Dorn isn't and never will be a stand-off. His best skill is his running game and putting him in the line just stymies that. Also - why would you put someone who, according to some on here, has poor defence in the front line. Each full-back has different strengths and weaknesses and I think Dorn's running game is more suited to Powell's attacking play.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 07 Oct 2014, 15:21

For me, increasingly towards the end of the season Dorn was much slower to collect & run with the ball from oppo's kicks into our 20. I hope he can return to where he was with his pace, but he is the wrong side of 30 now & probably ain't going to get any quicker.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 07 Oct 2014, 17:49

i cant think of a good game tansey has had for cas. dorn is a different class to tansey he knows when to come onto the ball and join the attacking line. i will agree his defence is crap but so is most fullbacks. we look a much more dangerous team when hes playing. my biggest concern for next year is our forward pack. tansey wont play one game for us next year unless we have an injury crisis. id say ben reynolds will be infront of him for a game as well.