Ben Reynolds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
jackknife
Verified

Ben Reynolds

Post by jackknife » 04 Oct 2014, 14:09

Ben Reynolds has been awarded the leagues (joint) young player of year for his contribution to Yorks league winning season.

Well done Ben
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Ben Reynolds

Post by lurcher » 04 Oct 2014, 19:50

yep, well done ben. turn it on for us next year.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Shirtoffmyback
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shirtoffmyback » 05 Oct 2014, 17:03

Has to be given a chance next season.
Skilful player.
Shame Brad Hey has moved on the stand out player for the under 19s this season. I can understand why he wanted away.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Oct 2014, 18:02

[quote="Shirtoffmyback"]Has to be given a chance next season./quote]
Er, no he doesn't. Was given two opportunities this season and bombed them both. Will never make it in SL as long as Ive got a hole in my ass

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 06 Oct 2014, 00:27

Fumper27 wrote:
Shirtoffmyback wrote:Has to be given a chance next season./quote]
Er, no he doesn't. Was given two opportunities this season and bombed them both. Will never make it in SL as long as Ive got a hole in my ass
well he may just come back to bite that hole in your ass. i said the same about brierley, we should have given him a chance in the position he excelled at (half back) instead he had a few minutes at full back or on the wing in friendlies, look what he's done this season. we'll leave it to the man we trust to make the decision on ben and i can still give you 10 yards start. :P
jo brand is eddie warings love child

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 06 Oct 2014, 00:42

Fumper27 wrote:
What? Cas were generous enough to let a 20 year old have 2, yes 2, that's 2, opportunities and in response he failed to get MoM in either of the games.

I hope DP told him that he had failed everyone as every other player that has played at Cas always got MoM on their first appearance. :roll:

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 06 Oct 2014, 07:39

The one thing I will say on this is maybe unless your a freak most young half backs need allot of game time in the championship look how long it too Ryan to mature and find his feet at leigh coming in to super league in that position from playing 19s is very tough. I would also think it's hard to say we will sign you say on a 2 year deal year one we want u to go out and play elsewhere for the season I can't imagine many clubs would want this arrangement either as they will have there own experienced halfs playing there already

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 06 Oct 2014, 07:50

Oh & has anybody mentioned that having a good haircut might help :lol:

tigerjim
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigerjim » 06 Oct 2014, 10:20

Fumper27 wrote:
i can remember something similar being said about James clare

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2014, 11:30

Comparing the Championship to SL is a different kettle of fish.

Reynolds needs to be playing at a higher level next season and a more competitive Championship may be a good idea to see what level he really is at.

The change to U19s means that clubs have to either take a gamble or they let them go. Gambles pay off but when you have a finite budget like ourselves sometimes you can't afford to give contracts out to youngsters in the hope they make it.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Oct 2014, 11:48

wish wed have taken a gamble on brierley
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 06 Oct 2014, 12:00

I've said this before a few times and I will say it again....

Ben Reynolds has won the young player of the year playing at halfback. I live over near York and most games in the local rag he was a standout player getting 9/10 or 10/10 playing at halfback.

I think it was a mistake then recalling him and throwing him in against Warrington at fullback and expecting him to perform. I thought that would have been a great game to have slotted him alongside the experienced Finn, and that would have enabled Tansey to have a game at fullback.

That's all in the past now but moving forward he should be given a chance in the friendlies at halfback and see how he does then.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 06 Oct 2014, 14:11

isn't he out of contract. If he isn't given a new deal he will go where he wants, and in a year or so will end up at another SL club, Some are knocking him because he wasn't on the top of his game when we played with a very weakened team, there wasn't a player who could hold his head up and say he had a good game.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Oct 2014, 14:43

Frankas wrote:isn't he out of contract. If he isn't given a new deal he will go where he wants, and in a year or so will end up at another SL club, Some are knocking him because he wasn't on the top of his game when we played with a very weakened team, there wasn't a player who could hold his head up and say he had a good game.
There's having a poor game and there's an inability to complete the basics. My opinion, after watching BR is that he falls into the latter.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 06 Oct 2014, 16:28

Reynolds is out of contract next season.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Oct 2014, 18:47

Still got time on his hands, if he has more game time I think he'll prove alot wrong
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by 40/20 » 09 Oct 2014, 09:02

Unfortunately the league is contributing to players getting released at a young age with no age group above 19. This means the club has to make a judgment on weather a player is good enough. Unfortunately most will be released as there wages would count on the cap.