Ellis to Hudds

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Ellis to Hudds

Post by Max n paddy » 01 Oct 2014, 10:09

So , Ellis thinks he's gone to a bigger club eh !

Played well at times.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Ellis to Hudds

Post by the machine » 01 Oct 2014, 10:34

All players when signing for a club say what the new fans want to hear

Hes played well this year especially at interchange hooker
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 01 Oct 2014, 10:40

I thought he played well at hooker in the "off the bench clark type roll"......

Big Cub Hudds lol...... you mentioned fans and Hudds in the same breath !
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 01 Oct 2014, 10:53

Heard Hudds offered £20k a year more than we thought he was worth, not sure if it's true or not. Won't be missed by me I think he was far too inconsistent.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 01 Oct 2014, 11:26

Id have re-signed him to take Daz Clarke's place, he'd have gone well. I wouldn't have signed him as a half though, he's not creative enough.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 01 Oct 2014, 11:35

Good luck to him. He did well to force himself into contention as he started the season probably as fourth choice half back until Seymour left.
He was also useful on the subs bench as he could play either in the halves or at hooker.
Milner now has a clear run at hooker, I'm really looking forward to him grasping the opportunity to work with and learn from Moore.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 01 Oct 2014, 11:39

yes i would have liked to see him have a go at hooker next year he was a bit hit or miss seemed to play better coming off bench than starting
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 01 Oct 2014, 12:00

Did not see this coming :lol:

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 01 Oct 2014, 12:20

On his day Ellis is a classy player and put in some truly great performances last season.

Unfortunately he seemed to fall into what I call the 'Richard Owen trap' - he responds well to being out of the side by coming in and having a stormer, follows it up with a couple of solid if unspectacular games, and then has a nightmare where you wonder why he is anywhere near the first team. I thought against Warrington he was really quite poor, too slow and undecisive. Couldn't fault his effort but he was so flat footed and seemed to make a decision when the ball reached him instead of planning a few steps ahead which enabled Warrington to close him down each time. If half back is his favoured position then he has to work at that.

I hope he improves at Huddersfield, because if he can start playing to a consistent level he will become a much better player.

Agree on Milner, hope he steps up and takes his opportunity.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 01 Oct 2014, 13:17

Askham Tiger wrote:On his day Ellis is a classy player and put in some truly great performances last season ...

Great performances ? Didn't come anywhere near great to me, yes he was often both energetic & enthusiastic, but he was rarely one step ahead in the thick of the action when we needed a real spark.
Sadly I also don't think Milner is capable of taking his opportunity ... not quick enough & again for me lacks tactical awareness. You either have it, or you haven't ...

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 01 Oct 2014, 13:28

Aaron raper certainly wasn't quick. Hope Ellis has 3 dire games next year at the same time as chubbs apart from that good luck to him

amberman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by amberman » 01 Oct 2014, 13:51

Never a starting half for me and cant see him being one wherever he is.

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 01 Oct 2014, 14:01

I of the Tigers wrote:
Askham Tiger wrote:On his day Ellis is a classy player and put in some truly great performances last season ...

Great performances ? Didn't come anywhere near great to me, yes he was often both energetic & enthusiastic, but he was rarely one step ahead in the thick of the action when we needed a real spark.
Sadly I also don't think Milner is capable of taking his opportunity ... not quick enough & again for me lacks tactical awareness. You either have it, or you haven't ...
I thought he was one of our best players in the Semi Final.

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 01 Oct 2014, 15:37

so where's he going to play then, luke robinson & danny brough 1st choice halves I guess he's 2nd fiddle again?

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 01 Oct 2014, 16:05

I don't think he will be missed since he came to us he has had a lot more poor games than good ones, we need players that can be consistent week after week and i don't think he was but good luck to him all the same.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 01 Oct 2014, 16:06

Proved himself to be a better hooker than a half back n think if he played hooker for a few years hed really improve, his certainly got the build for it.

I think he'll be infront of robinson next year
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 01 Oct 2014, 16:08

All players that have now left and gone to other clubs good luck ( now i welcome all new players coming in to the club, and start of a new chapter of Castleford tigers ) :clap: :clap:

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 02 Oct 2014, 13:37

He said his reason for moving to the giant's was the fact he would be playing scrum half, and not hooker so we will have to see how he go's, he didn't crack any pots at Cas.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 02 Oct 2014, 20:39

IMO too many players seem to come good at the end of their contracts whilst trying to impress coaches for a new contract. Jamie Ellis is one of those players. He should/could have been a starter this season but failed to make an impact in SUCCESSIVE games. I think some fans become too sentimental regarding players who have pulled on the Cas Jersey. All in all Ellis hasn't been good enough over the period of his contract. I wish him all the best at Huddersfield and hope he can become a successful hooker or half back (whichever he chooses). I do however believe that by letting some go we are a better squad for next season.