Could Have

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Could Have

Post by usacas » 25 Sep 2014, 21:58

In the end a season of "Could Have's"
- Could have won the cup
- Could have won the League Leaders Shield
- Could have won the Play Off''s

However the one "could have" that thank goodness didn't happen - Could have gone bust and folded.

A great season Cas. Who would have thought we would get to Wembley and finish 4th in the league. And thank goodness have better financial stability and a good team to look forward to following next season.

Thanks to all concerned at Cas Tigers, both players and staff, especially Steve Gill. Good luck to the players that are leaving and thanks for your efforts.

"Good times never looked so good"!

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Could Have

Post by SFOtiger » 25 Sep 2014, 22:01

Yep. Roll on 2015.

I think we peaked a bit early, and never really looked in good shape after the cup-semi. But this is new territory. Daryl and Danny will learn from this and move on.

Great season with Cas genuine contenders for everything on offer. COYF!

drleftie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by drleftie » 25 Sep 2014, 22:24

Could have had a refereeing decision that didn't go against us. 2nd best again tonight but I'm struggling to recall a Wire try that didn't result from a poor refereeing decision.

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 25 Sep 2014, 22:55

drleftie wrote:Could have had a refereeing decision that didn't go against us. 2nd best again tonight but I'm struggling to recall a Wire try that didn't result from a poor refereeing decision.
Big time 2nd that, awful forward passes.... And a shocker knock on.... Loved the season want more but glad a few players are moving on. I think next season we will have an attractive side. Trouble is we have been found out on our style. We really need to work on our ruck defence though and take a leaf out of wires book and slow the play down.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Sep 2014, 23:06

Its ok learn from warrington and slow play down.
We do that and its a certain penalty for laying on.

A bit like tonight. We lose the ball in the tackle its a knock on, wire lose it its a penalty, so bias tonight was bentham it was embarrassing.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Sep 2014, 23:18

I'm not even going to post my thoughts. Totally frustrated and angered by decisions that turned the game completely.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Sep 2014, 23:29

one incident really stood out watching it over here on tv. weller made a one on one tackle and they had hardly hit the floor before you could here the ref screaming "get off him weller, get off. they held down and even worse were yards off side all game. shenny was deffo getting frustrated and did well to hold himself back.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Sep 2014, 23:41

lurcher wrote: shenny was deffo getting frustrated and did well to hold himself back.
He shouldn't have held back hes the captain.
He should have let rip in the right manner.
We are far to soft a team, need more steel and fire.
Been saying that for years.

Sinfield is always in the ref's ear.
Ellery hanley was the same years ago.

What do we do.....hold back.

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 25 Sep 2014, 23:50

lurcher wrote:weller made a one on one tackle and they had hardly hit the floor before you could here the ref screaming "get off him weller, get off
I am not even certain they had hit the floor before the call came.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 26 Sep 2014, 06:36

maybe im being a bit over critical here but i hope next season we can finally get a half back who doesnt fold under pressure. we've had a chance to win everything this year but when it mattered sneyd has gone missing or like against wire last night made so many errors. glad we didnt waste money on him now. having said that at least he tried and hasnt just been a passenger in games like finn. so roll on next year and lets hope roberts and gale have it in them

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 26 Sep 2014, 06:39

old cas lass wrote:
lurcher wrote: shenny was deffo getting frustrated and did well to hold himself back.
He shouldn't have held back hes the captain.
He should have let rip in the right manner.
We are far to soft a team, need more steel and fire.
Been saying that for years.

Sinfield is always in the ref's ear.
Ellery hanley was the same years ago.

What do we do.....hold back.

i agree ocl the hooker should have been shouting come on to the referee everytime we had a player tackeled because they was doing it all night and if that didnt work shenny should have kept on at him

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 26 Sep 2014, 07:10

We can hold our heads up they have done us proud, I think in the last 3 weeks some players have been thinking about next season at the new clubs! We gave away some stupid penalties which have them the chance for two....

I personally think finn has been a good signing and for first season at the club done well! All players have had ups and downs! Ref has been shocking in both our play off games, we had it during the season and managed to win! Let's look at this as the positives we have had one hell of a ride and if next year is exactly the same I will be happy!!

Well done boys!

Good bye to the ones going and a warm welcome to the new signings 2015 is going to be one hell of a ride!!!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Sep 2014, 09:09

Ish.man wrote:
drleftie wrote:Could have had a refereeing decision that didn't go against us. 2nd best again tonight but I'm struggling to recall a Wire try that didn't result from a poor refereeing decision.
Big time 2nd that, awful forward passes.... And a shocker knock on.... Loved the season want more but glad a few players are moving on. I think next season we will have an attractive side. Trouble is we have been found out on our style. We really need to work on our ruck defence though and take a leaf out of wires book and slow the play down.
I thought the same, they slowed us down...we got off the tackled player fast. We seem too "nice" sometimes...we need a few players who niggle and irritate....bending the rules to the max like other teams have.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 26 Sep 2014, 09:41

duke street 10 wrote:
Ish.man wrote:
I thought the same, they slowed us down...we got off the tackled player fast. We seem too "nice" sometimes...we need a few players who niggle and irritate....bending the rules to the max like other teams have.
Like chase and mcgoldrick???
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Sep 2014, 11:46

Could've made the simple one-on-one tackles on our own line to stop them scoring...

Yes, I know the ref was questionable but in all circumstances we had the chance to hold out in defence but far too often were found wanting. The only exception was the Ratchford break and forward pass which everyone could see apart from Bent Ham.

Overall though I thought we played far better last night than we have of late and for 10 mins either side of halt time we were more energetic
Spreading the Cas gene pool

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 26 Sep 2014, 13:08

the machine wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:
Ish.man wrote:
Like chase and mcgoldrick???
No thinking of the likes of O'loughlin,or the Leeds back row trio..

billy tiger

Post by billy tiger » 04 Oct 2014, 20:43

don,t you just love cas fans slag players off when they leave talk about two faced. :-# :-#