Cup Final Fatigue?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Cup Final Fatigue?

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Sep 2014, 17:44

Powell mentioned that both ourselves and Leeds seemed to be suffering from it last night.
Normally Leeds would stuff Cats at hoe and they may do today, but they look pretty knackered to me after 30 minutes

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Cup Final Fatigue?

Post by old cas lass » 20 Sep 2014, 17:48

Maybe setting your sights on just one trophy is the way forward to keep your players fresh.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 20 Sep 2014, 17:53

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Normally Leeds would stuff Cats at home and they may do today, but they look pretty knackered to me after 30 minutes
Leeds beat Cats 32-31 earlier this season at home. Hardly a stuffing. Yeah it's a dull affair so far tonight but stay tuned, it'll end with a home win :roll:

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Sep 2014, 17:55

I of the Tigers wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Normally Leeds would stuff Cats at home and they may do today, but they look pretty knackered to me after 30 minutes
Leeds beat Cats 32-31 earlier this season at home. Hardly a stuffing. Yeah it's a dull affair so far tonight but stay tuned, it'll end with a home win :roll:
Yes I heard that just after I posted!

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 20 Sep 2014, 19:09

What's just happened at Headingley puts some perspective on what's been happening at Cas the last few weeks and no, Leeds haven't managed the end of the season any better than us!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 20 Sep 2014, 19:21

Ha! Yeah if it can happen it will, I've always thought Briscoe was suspect under pressure. And ultimately you're right, but Leeds' resolve to get back ahead in the later stages before the final twist was what we can only dream of right now.
And, on another tack, IF we did beat Wire, & dependent on who wins the Hudd / Cat game (Cat?), then who will Saints choose in clubcall ? I think they'd choose the winner of Hudds / Cat, leaving us the much harder route. COYF

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 20 Sep 2014, 19:24

I of the Tigers wrote:Ha! Yeah if it can happen it will, I've always thought Briscoe was suspect under pressure. And ultimately you're right, but Leeds' resolve to get back ahead in the later stages before the final twist was what we can only dream of right now.
And, on another tack, IF we did beat Wire, & dependent on who wins the Hudd / Cat game (Cat?), then who will Saints choose in clubcall ? I think they'd choose the winner of Hudds / Cat, leaving us the much harder route. COYF
They will choose us ...we can't buy a win at their place. Still be a massive task to beat Warrington on our current form.

dancas88
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dancas88 » 20 Sep 2014, 19:47

I of the Tigers wrote:Ha! Yeah if it can happen it will, I've always thought Briscoe was suspect under pressure. And ultimately you're right, but Leeds' resolve to get back ahead in the later stages before the final twist was what we can only dream of right now.
Strange as it sounds I'd rather go to Wigan

classysupercas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classysupercas » 20 Sep 2014, 22:32

it is fatigue! thats why i mentioned it in my post after catalan game! there are mentaly and physicaly fatigued.or BURNOUT.