Child again

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Child again

Post by I of the Tigers » 20 Sep 2014, 23:20

I hear & understand all this criticism of Child ... someone might please clarify the FACTS regarding :-
1. how / when / where (if?) SL ref performances are "assessed" throughout the season
2. is there a formal route whereby Cas can officially register or lodge a "complaint" about his handling / refereeing of matches .. & if so why are they not doing this

DP was quoted as using the word "horrendous" when referring to Child's performance last night, adding it had been the case with him before ... surely sooner or later the RFL will not tolerate such public comments about match officials, & DP will be up at Red Hall to explain

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Sep 2014, 00:16

You can bet your bottom dollar it's Childs again next week but whoever it is I'd rather we concentrate on the things we can control.

Let's get back to the team and game plan that has put us in this position, otherwise we'll only have ourselves to blame.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Sep 2014, 01:13

The main problem I have with James Child's, is the mind control. Referees should never get into a players head and make him drop of a tackle, kick the gall down someone's throat or throw the ball in touch.

What annoys me, the most, is he did this in the cc final and has done it every game since (even when not refering).....unless of course the players and coach are responsible for yesterday...

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 21 Sep 2014, 08:29

Listening to the leeds/Catalan game yesterday, hahahahahaha...ahem, Powell referee to child as horrendous and arrogant I find these to be an accurate description of a person who is complained about by most teams in super league surely we all can't be wrong.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Spoonies dad

Post by Spoonies dad » 21 Sep 2014, 10:15

During the St Helens game I did see Danny Orr run down the steps and have a heated conversation with the RFL match commissioner. The commissioner has not got direct access to the referee by radio so can only send a message onto the pitch with the 4th official at a break in the game. The 4th official definitely went on to the pitch and shortly afterwards Child disallowed St Helens try for a nonexistent forward pass. Perhaps there was some justice there but it will ruin the game if the referees have to double cheat to try to put right their mistakes.
At the Warrington away match a few weeks ago I was talking to some of their fans and they were saying that they do not like Childs as a referee either.

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 21 Sep 2014, 10:39

Child is probably the most complained about referee is superleague, and how he continues to get a game is beyond me.

however he isn't the one missing tackles, making stupid decisions or failing to make any ground. Our players let him get into their heads before the game kicks off (and to be fair he gets into our heads too, we dread every game under him) I don't know the answer but we need to toughen up mentally and stop letting our heads drop when the rub of the green isn't going our way.

As for child he seems untouchable and we will have to put up with him at least until l we get someone else in charge of the ref's who has the guts to drop under performing individuals.

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 21 Sep 2014, 10:46

viva brad wrote:Child is probably the most complained about referee is superleague, and how he continues to get a game is beyond me.

however he isn't the one missing tackles, making stupid decisions or failing to make any ground. Our players let him get into their heads before the game kicks off (and to be fair he gets into our heads too, we dread every game under him) I don't know the answer but we need to toughen up mentally and stop letting our heads drop when the rub of the green isn't going our way.

As for child he seems untouchable and we will have to put up with him at least until l we get someone else in charge of the ref's who has the guts to drop under performing individuals.
Excellent post

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 21 Sep 2014, 13:45

There's a reason why the same clowns never get dropped, there's a post on RLfans by a former match commissioner and it paints the RFL as even more poorly run than you already thought.

Some highlights:

If a coach complains about a ref - even if the match commissioner fully agrees with the coach, a fine is incoming!

Young promising refs are priced out of being an official - they have to pay to travel to Leeds on a weekly basis, no matter where they live, they have to buy their kit (think he said £100 a year), pay to get to games and the compensation barely, if at all covers those costs.

Those 2 show why there's the group of untouchables poorly officiating SL games.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 21 Sep 2014, 17:18

Please please do not give us child again this year. There's something wrong when Cas always lose when he's in the middle. I don't mind Laing but he more than swings the balance to the opposition