Child again

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Child again

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Sep 2014, 00:28

There were some clear errors by the ref and in the pre-match referee thread I eluded to the fact Childs lets some teams utilise dubious tactics but it is my considered opinion that DP's team selection was never going to succeed tonight.

Why drop Clare?
Why have Clark on the bench allowing Roby to set the tone of the game?
Where was Sneyd?
What in the hell was Channing picked for? I'd rather have put Hauraki in the centres to replace Webster.

Once again Powell has failed in the big game.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Sep 2014, 00:35

Clare was injured
Jewitt was injured
Channing on bench covered possibility of both carney and webster injuries
SNeyd was dropped for a string of poor performances
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

paulhedz62
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by paulhedz62 » 20 Sep 2014, 00:38

Hudds have'nt had bentham since the challenge cup game,yet we still get this clown

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 20 Sep 2014, 01:06

Jewitt and clare are injured arent they thats why they didnt play tonight?[/quote]

Hoping their back next week.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 20 Sep 2014, 01:26

the machine wrote:Clare was injured
Jewitt was injured
Both Jewitt and Clare were included in the squad and neither aspect explains why our best player was left to watch the game slip away before entering the fray.

The lack of punch up front stops Sneyd playing well.

Powell has failed more in big games than he has succeeded and the change of a winning game plan was a common complaint by Fev fans. I'd thought he'd learned by now.

WF10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WF10 » 20 Sep 2014, 01:26

Danny Boy wrote:Child was appauling, his ineptitude eventually led to our downfall, we can definitely blame the ref, I knew as soon as the ref was announced, that we would have had to be super human to overcome the ref, as well as StHelens.
The first 3 tries they scored were on the back of Child like mistakes, but on top of that, he let them lay on all game, so much so that as the game went on, our players were even looking at him and appealing for him to react.
How come he goes to the video ref when they appeal to him, yet when Huraki is taken out and they go the length of the fieldon the back of it to score, no referal to the video ref.
Child should be demoted, but won't be as I'm sure Saints are loving it, as are the other so called top sides, as theyve found a way to beat us, simply hold us down knowing they can set their defence, play off side and stop us from playing.
Surely the RFL be must be aware of the tactics that either the referee's aren't spotting or worse still, are choosing to ignore.
Our performance wasn't anywhere near as bad as the score suggests, but when a side are allowed to get away with what Saints did and we are chasing a game, how are the players supposed to respond?

COYF!!!
Exactly as I saw it. I couldn't have said it better myself.
removed post it again and you will join them on a 48 hour ban read the AUP

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 20 Sep 2014, 02:15

Flat Capper wrote:
Jewitt was injured
Both Jewitt and Clare were included in the squad and neither aspect explains why our best player was left to watch the game slip away before entering the fray.

Powell has failed more in big games than he has succeeded and the change of a winning game plan was a common complaint by Fev fans. I'd thought he'd learned by now.
They were both late withdrawals as injured in training
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

chesterfieldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by chesterfieldtiger » 20 Sep 2014, 10:00

I'm not one for slagging Off refs. I did it for 10 years myself and know just how hard it can be. I was slagged Off many times over the years if I had a bad game. Allowing offside laying on missing key decisions etc etc but never ever when I had a bad game (and I know myself I had em) was it so apparent I was only bad toward one side. Our win ratio when this joker is in the middle is appalling. We weren't great last night u accept that but nit 41-0 bad. I just about swallowed 13-0 at half time because of 2 individual tries and poor defence. But we were never allowed to get on the front foot. Saints layed on all night, were never in side, Jordan Turner spotted our run around move every time and flattened the receiver, good read but superman couldn't have got there from an on side position. Why would huraki pull the ball out on the 5th with saints pinned deep in their own half ? Try scored. Sorry I,'ll stop now but I could go on another page. Child's! Your a disgrace

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 20 Sep 2014, 10:19

Flat Capper wrote:
Jewitt was injured

We were loosing 6-0 when Clark came on and they had just scored so the game was hardly slipping away.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Sep 2014, 13:51

Evatiger wrote:
then there's a kick to corner which blatantly hits carney goes backwards then comes off saints players shoulder into touch.
I thought, after watching it several times, it hit Carney's head and went into touch. Didn't come off Saints for me. Child gave the scrum our way in the first place. It was only after video ref checked it he gave it other way, so you can't blame JC for that.
roby(who was quality)then scores a very good second try,no complaints there.
Apart from the forward pass in the build up.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Sep 2014, 13:54

It's hard to blame the ref when we didn't look like scoring all match and indeed didn't.

Least he's consistent in one aspect; he didn't give many penalties our way v Wakefield either and it was something like the 2nd half till he gave us one.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

daz

Post by daz » 20 Sep 2014, 14:13

Danny Boy wrote:Child was appauling, his ineptitude eventually led to our downfall, we can definitely blame the ref, I knew as soon as the ref was announced, that we would have had to be super human to overcome the ref, as well as StHelens.
The first 3 tries they scored were on the back of Child like mistakes, but on top of that, he let them lay on all game, so much so that as the game went on, our players were even looking at him and appealing for him to react.
How come he goes to the video ref when they appeal to him, yet when Huraki is taken out and they go the length of the fieldon the back of it to score, no referal to the video ref.
Child should be demoted, but won't be as I'm sure Saints are loving it, as are the other so called top sides, as theyve found a way to beat us, simply hold us down knowing they can set their defence, play off side and stop us from playing.
Surely the RFL be must be aware of the tactics that either the referee's aren't spotting or worse still, are choosing to ignore.
Our performance wasn't anywhere near as bad as the score suggests, but when a side are allowed to get away with what Saints did and we are chasing a game, how are the players supposed to respond?

COYF!!!
Totally spot on, some one who actually knows about rugby :clap:

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Sep 2014, 23:00

i think before much longer a cas player will really explode in a game being reffed by child. they all know he is cheating them every game and its just a matter of time before it becomes too much to take.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

BilboJeggings
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by BilboJeggings » 20 Sep 2014, 23:02

Out of 28 games played by Cas in SL this season...

Refed by Child - won 1 from 6 - 17%
Refed by others - won 16 from 22 - 73%

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 Sep 2014, 23:14

BilboJeggings wrote:Out of 28 games played by Cas in SL this season...

Refed by Child - won 1 from 6 - 17%
Refed by others - won 16 from 22 - 73%

there it is in black n white now we can blame the clown -lol

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 20 Sep 2014, 23:20

I hear & understand all this criticism of Child ... someone might please clarify the FACTS regarding :-
1. how / when / where (if?) SL ref performances are "assessed" throughout the season
2. is there a formal route whereby Cas can officially register or lodge a "complaint" about his handling / refereeing of matches .. & if so why are they not doing this

DP was quoted as using the word "horrendous" when referring to Child's performance last night, adding it had been the case with him before ... surely sooner or later the RFL will not tolerate such public comments about match officials, & DP will be up at Red Hall to explain

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Sep 2014, 00:16

You can bet your bottom dollar it's Childs again next week but whoever it is I'd rather we concentrate on the things we can control.

Let's get back to the team and game plan that has put us in this position, otherwise we'll only have ourselves to blame.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 21 Sep 2014, 01:13

The main problem I have with James Child's, is the mind control. Referees should never get into a players head and make him drop of a tackle, kick the gall down someone's throat or throw the ball in touch.

What annoys me, the most, is he did this in the cc final and has done it every game since (even when not refering).....unless of course the players and coach are responsible for yesterday...

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 21 Sep 2014, 08:29

Listening to the leeds/Catalan game yesterday, hahahahahaha...ahem, Powell referee to child as horrendous and arrogant I find these to be an accurate description of a person who is complained about by most teams in super league surely we all can't be wrong.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Spoonies dad

Post by Spoonies dad » 21 Sep 2014, 10:15

During the St Helens game I did see Danny Orr run down the steps and have a heated conversation with the RFL match commissioner. The commissioner has not got direct access to the referee by radio so can only send a message onto the pitch with the 4th official at a break in the game. The 4th official definitely went on to the pitch and shortly afterwards Child disallowed St Helens try for a nonexistent forward pass. Perhaps there was some justice there but it will ruin the game if the referees have to double cheat to try to put right their mistakes.
At the Warrington away match a few weeks ago I was talking to some of their fans and they were saying that they do not like Childs as a referee either.