Big Question, Poser.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Stan the man

Big Question, Poser.

Post by Stan the man » 19 Aug 2014, 14:20

There has been a lot spoken about the Widnes fans behaviour recently, a minority taking defeat very badly. There was also much spoken about how brilliant Wigan fans were in their defeat by us in the quarter final, by applauding us. Therefore the huge question is how will our own fans take any defeat or victory on Saturday. Will we seem hypocritical by taking a defeat badly, eg booing the opposition or referee (or even worse God forbid) or will we be magnanimous in victory by roundly applausing the opposition for the part they played in the game, rather than downright gloating.

As the opposition are our deadly rivals, it will be a huge test for us to see if we can practice what we have preached over the last couple of weeks. Giving a standing ovation to the Rhinos may be unthinkable, but if they have played their part, win or lose, in say a classic, could our fans bring themselves to do it?

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Big Question, Poser.

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Aug 2014, 14:33

I will applaud either team that lifts the trophy just one team more enthusiastically than the other

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Aug 2014, 14:37

if leeds beat us they will be clapped -when i see there fans say a good win and shake hands
after all its a family game no need for trouble ---but i can not see us loseing not this one .....c o y f .....

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 19 Aug 2014, 14:39

In defeat I'll take my head out of my hands to clap our team for their effort. I'll be honest though, it'll be a cold day in hell before I give a standing ovation to Leeds winning the cup.

One bit of solidarity I'd like to see with the Leeds fans is having a full house at Wembley chanting YORKSHIRE! YORKSHIRE!

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 19 Aug 2014, 14:40

onetiger wrote:-when i see there fans say a good win and shake hands
That should go without saying. Like you say, we're rugby fans.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 19 Aug 2014, 14:47

There's a big difference from a set of fans not applauding the opposition, to a set of fans invading the field assaulting a steward and assaulting a member of the Tigers staff, whether we like it or not the people who invaded the field in the semi were Widnes fans..............Our fans on that day were impeccably behaved, so they did practice what they are preaching.

mystery
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by mystery » 19 Aug 2014, 15:00

And let's hope they continue to do so!! let's show Jack Fulton how right he was to put all that money into Cas Tigers, win or lose let's give him a day to remember! I will find it hard to applaude Leeds, but if I have to, I will, just this once!!!!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 19 Aug 2014, 15:16

Good question Stan the man, & the responses so far are what I'm sure 99% of all Cas (& RL fans) would want & say. Win or lose, & without being a prophet of doom & gloom, we ALL must do our best to ensure that we are magnanimous come what may, & avoid AT ALL COSTS anything remotely like what happened at LSV. Kipling was right :- “If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster / and treat those two impostors just the same”. COYF

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 19 Aug 2014, 15:21

we are embasadors of the club on saturday and this year we have made a lot of friends with how the team are playing both in the media and fans of other clubs, lets show the world that cas fans know how to party in a good way of course.this is our time lets enjoy if we lose we will clap the other team even if it is leeds then we will be the winners in every sense of the word.coyf. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

CasTiger7

Post by CasTiger7 » 19 Aug 2014, 16:13

I don't think I'm physically capable of applauding Leeds.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 19 Aug 2014, 16:49

CasTiger7 wrote:I don't think I'm physically capable of applauding Leeds.
the wife just said she can not find it any time to clap leeds for any thing -lol-- 8) <-----wifes cas tinted glasses------>

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 20 Aug 2014, 13:06

I'm afraid my applause will be saved for our players, whatever the result (as I'm sure they will deserve it).
I somehow can't see myself applauding the Whino's, but then I also won't be running on the pitch and creating mayhem and spoiling anyone's party!
Academic anyway, as I have every faith that our boys will out perform the Whino's and bring the trophy home to Cas!
COYF!!!!
Danny Boy

Riggins
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Riggins » 20 Aug 2014, 13:17

I don't see any problems with the crowd on Saturday. I think the feeling is that the Cas fans are going to enjoy the day whatever the result. Yes it would be nice to win, but our day out in the sun at Wembley is a celebration on how far this club has come is 18 months and everyone included in the club deserves this day in the spotlight. Yes, coming back up the M1 with the cup would be the icing on the cake but I know I will be coming back proud to be from Cas on Saturday whatever the score at the final hooter.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 20 Aug 2014, 13:28

Riggins wrote:I don't see any problems with the crowd on Saturday. I think the feeling is that the Cas fans are going to enjoy the day whatever the result. Yes it would be nice to win, but our day out in the sun at Wembley is a celebration on how far this club has come is 18 months and everyone included in the club deserves this day in the spotlight. Yes, coming back up the M1 with the cup would be the icing on the cake but I know I will be coming back proud to be from Cas on Saturday whatever the score at the final hooter.
Agree 100%. I was talking about this last night, it seems that the nerves have gone since the semi final as going from bottom of the league to joint 3rd and in a Wembley final is immense in one season for a club like ours. Winning would be a bonus (and I do think that we have the potential to win as I see the game starting as 50/50 nevermind what the bookies say). The main thing for me this season was to have a club to support, and one that hopefully had games to play for come August. Its been great this season, the cup win would be the icing on the cake.

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 20 Aug 2014, 13:33

I'm thinking of it this way. It's a massive achievement for us to make it to Wembley and something few would've predicted at the start of the season. I'm proud we've got there regardless of the result on Saturday.

We've played in such a way all season that's filled me with confidence and made me believe that we're very capable of winning the Challenge Cup on Saturday. If we don't, but the players do their best, then we can still hold our heads up high. If we don't, then current form suggests Leeds will have had to play very well for that to happen. For that reason they'll be worthy of applause and any Cas fan, in my opinion should show that respect.

Whatever the outcome on Saturday, you've got to be in it to win it - we're there, where so many others want to be. The club is positive, vibrant and resurgent at the moment; with a team playing entertaining, flowing, champagne Rugby League. Our journey as Castleford Tigers RLFC over the last two years reminds me of a Winston Churchill quote which seems quite appropriate for where we are now:
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 20 Aug 2014, 13:53

It's a long time since our team has been to Wembley, so win lose or draw we will be singing and clapping.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 20 Aug 2014, 13:57

no matter the out come on saturday the crew i am going with are going to make it a day to remember for many years to come....from a club who was nearly down n out to were we are in 2014 is brilliant so going to make the most of it
------->C O Y F <------

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 20 Aug 2014, 14:00

Going down Friday and staying with 4 Leeds fans in the hotel. Good banter will be had (already started as you would expect) no matter what the result is we will meet up again after the game for beer and food. Hopefully I will be in a position to dish it out all night for a change but if we loose I will applaud Leeds as they will have to play well to beat us. Why anyone can't go and enjoy the game applaud both teams and have banter without wanting to cause trouble is beyond me.

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 20 Aug 2014, 15:18

Come on, less talk about enjoying it because it's our first final in ages. Almost makes us sound like we're happy to be beaten, that going from second bottom to challenge cup final is enough.

We're playing the enemy. Defeat is not an option this weekend. We're going to Wembley to beat Leeds, lift the cup and bring glory to the town of Castleford. Not to congratulate ourselves on how far we've come in 18 months.

#COYF

Stan the man

Post by Stan the man » 20 Aug 2014, 17:48

Bigcurt wrote:Why anyone can't go and enjoy the game applaud both teams and have banter without wanting to cause trouble is beyond me.
When I started this thread Bigcurt, I was not insinuating that there may be trouble as in the same way as Widnes fans. I know that will not happen, win lose or draw. What I was really meaning is whether our fans could take it in them to be like the Wigan fans were to us, when we beat them, in the event we did lose on Saturday. Or whether we could refrain from gloating if we win on Saturday. i.e an appreciation of both teams.

One of the reasons why I said this, was because when we lost in 1992, at the end of the game a lot of our fans booed both the Wigan team and the referee. I would certainly hope we do not descend to that again. If we can't applaud we should just keep quiet. However I personally am very confident we can win and believe we will do so. If we indeed do then I hope we will not gloat and show our appreciation to both teams, particularly if both have contributed to a classic.

Bigcurt is right I have a good few Rhino fans and will be having some great banter with them and enjoy their company. If we, nay when we win, I will have the same banter but without any gloating.