Can we all please...

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Can we all please...

Post by nottinghamtiger » 19 Aug 2014, 18:10

HuddsTigers wrote: They've had a two week turnaround between semi and the final to do things in. A lot of suppliers require a lot of lead time to get merchandise to them and turn orders around
Sorry, but this is no excuse. Leeds have had exactly the same amount of time to produce, market and sell merchandise and they had a dedicated Wembley section on their website taking pre-orders for all sorts of Wembley stuff by the Monday morning after the semi-finals. That has now arrived after their suppliers turned round the orders in a week. It was also available to order online.
We have managed one T-shirt that you can only buy in the shop, and during the two weeks between the semi-final and Wembley our online shop has been down.
The club's inability to make money from merchandise out of our trip to Wembley will have cost us a massive amount of money, it's been extremely poor. Instead other companies have made the money producing their own merchandise when they realised the market Cas were missing out on.
Sorry if it's moaning, but it's true.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 19 Aug 2014, 18:35

This is leeds' 8th challenge cup in 15 years they have had more practice at this than us everything we get from this is a bonus and that's who it should be viewed

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 19 Aug 2014, 18:48

I was on the club shop on saturday and there was more than one t shirt design on offer.

don't forget leeds will have a higher turnover year on year for merchandise due to a number of years successful cup runs and play offs they will have had current suppliers who will be ready to roll as soon as the final whistle blew. Where as cas haven't had to engage the service of printed shirts and memorabilia for some time and will not have had tried and tested reliable suppliers in place. One thing is for sure we would not have wanted to pay out for merchandise before we were guaranteed our final spot.

Lets focus on the positives and stop moaning

SFOtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SFOtiger » 19 Aug 2014, 19:01

Agreed.

Let's not forget that Twitter, Facebook, internet forums, and even email did not exist (at least not in the mainstream) when Cas were last in this position. This is all new to the Cas staff and there are plenty of ways to get to Wembley for those that can make it, through the club or otherwise.

Let's keep it positive and stop the moaning.

decorator2
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by decorator2 » 19 Aug 2014, 19:16

TheSheriff wrote:Why would they get Tony Christie as opposed to Neil Diamond? :D
Picki, picky. picky. lol. Can't help it if I got it a bit wrong. :oops: :oops:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Aug 2014, 19:26

TT Tiger wrote:This is leeds' 8th challenge cup in 15 years they have had more practice at this than us everything we get from this is a bonus and that's who it should be viewed
They also know they have more chance of making major finals than us so that will have been another factor in their favour. They can plan things months in advance and have the cashflow to do so.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 19 Aug 2014, 20:05

Interesting views, I understand them all but must say I tend to agree with nottinghamtiger's post. I think we all agree we are well short of maximising a number of areas of revenue generation. In my eyes what we should expect to come out of all of this is that come the end of this season the Commercial & Marketing team review what's what, get their house in order & up their game. When (not if) we continue to be successful, we need everything in place so recent experiences don't reoccur. I look forward to seeing positive outcomes but am not convinced we have the necessary resources with attaching skillsets to deliver. Just my view.
I'm not moaning nor taking pills, enjoying the week & will be calling into the shop tomorrow hopefully to acquire Wembley kit. COYF

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 19 Aug 2014, 21:33

I seem to remember that in a radio interview some months ago Steve Gill said he had a good relationship with Gary Hetherington. I'm sure that if he had rung Gary after the semi-final draw Gary would have given him some tips on maximising merchandise sales. We cannot afford to lose revenue streams like this.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 19 Aug 2014, 21:47

Guys ( and galls ) , this is Cup Final week ! Savour the moment it's to late for should have done this n should have done that. I personally understand where people are coming from but let's not forget , the trip to the Capitol is a fantastic achievement by the coaches and team so let's get down there and bring the Cup home !!!

You never know , we might just be experiencing the big stage more often in the coming months and years.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 20 Aug 2014, 08:36

Yes I agree Max.

We can look at the finer points later.
Two weeks is a short time especially in August. That is the BBC and RFL not us.

Lets just get to London and hammer the Rhinos who feel its their cup without turning up.

robbo
Truth is always best !

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 20 Aug 2014, 20:40

a lot of the stuff leeds had for sale didn't have a date on and will have been left over from previous wembley visits.
jo brand is eddie warings love child