So unfortunately it's confirmed Scott Moore is Cas bound

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: So unfortunately it's confirmed Scott Moore is Cas bound

Post by Black n Amber » 06 Aug 2014, 16:49

betts21 wrote:Black and amber I mean Tom Holmes from 19s good prospect can play both Hooker and half and will be good to see how he comes on next year!
Now I'm with ya, "phew" ha

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 06 Aug 2014, 17:06

We heard the same thing with all our new signings last season, according to some they were all rubbish, but the naysayers were made to eat there words, and were getting the same thing happening to next years signings. It's just moaning for the sake of moaning, you would have thought we were running last in the table, and out of the cup, but were not we are to points off top and in the semi for the cup.

Has for not seeing any young Cas lads to a similar level has Clark, you must have been away when a certain Danny Orr, came through the ranks, or Tony Smith??. If Clark his on is way out, he was sold at a time when the club was on the brink of going bust, so we might have sold the lad, or we might not, but if he is going it's because the club needed the money to keep us from going bankrupt.

TigerDebbie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerDebbie » 06 Aug 2014, 17:18

Danny Orr n tony smith were good players but I don't think either had the same class as daryl clark. I really think he can n will go on to become the best hooker in rugby league

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 06 Aug 2014, 18:39

As with any professional sport it's difficult to make comparisons across generations regarding the relative & comparable quality of players ... conditions & equipment are different, games are played at a different tempo, players are now able to manage their bodies & minds in a far more structured & professional way.
Having said that, whilst Clark is massively talented (& for his age), I can categorically say that having seen both Hardisty & particularly Reilly in their prime, Clark has a long way to go to achieve anywhere near their level. Imo they both would have been successful in today's game, just as George Best would in the Premiership. They were simply that good ...

Cridling Stubbs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cridling Stubbs » 07 Aug 2014, 21:06

Can see both sides of the argument. Agree with those that say we have got to embrace Scott Moore and help him to play to the best of his potential. However I can sympathise with the opposite corner also. It must be a bit hard when you have had a Rolls Royce parked in your garage, for the past 2 years or so, and then you suddenly wake up one morning to find a Robin Reliant parked there.

Keithy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Keithy » 07 Aug 2014, 21:27

No matter who we get to play at hooker next season they will be in a no-win situation. Even if we did sign Cameron Smith, he would be compared to Clark every minute of the game that he played.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 07 Aug 2014, 22:48

Cridling Stubbs wrote:Can see both sides of the argument. Agree with those that say we have got to embrace Scott Moore and help him to play to the best of his potential. However I can sympathise with the opposite corner also. It must be a bit hard when you have had a Rolls Royce parked in your garage, for the past 2 years or so, and then you suddenly wake up one morning to find a Robin Reliant parked there.
Both classics, just different styles!!

PlumJnr
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by PlumJnr » 17 Aug 2014, 17:46

His tweet after today's match will go down well.Wishing the whinos well for next weekend.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Aug 2014, 18:11

He also wished cas good luck last week
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 17 Aug 2014, 18:53

Has the club confirmed this yet?

casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casfanfromcov » 17 Aug 2014, 21:01

I dont think they have, why is this? All the other rumoured players have been confirmed, is it because they genuinely dont know what is happening with Clark?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 17 Aug 2014, 22:49

maybe we are still fighting to keep daz.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 18 Aug 2014, 00:08

if daz goes i will be gob smacked .. one for what i have heard and 2 why would he leave his home town team when they are on such a roll, great coaches great team spirit and they are offering him a good deal. they are in the top eight or maybe top four . plus they are playing the most attractive rugby in the league ( confirmed by sky and other club supporters ) we can only pray from here ...

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 18 Aug 2014, 12:48

baldtiger wrote:if daz goes i will be gob smacked .. one for what i have heard and 2 why would he leave his home town team when they are on such a roll, great coaches great team spirit and they are offering him a good deal. they are in the top eight or maybe top four . plus they are playing the most attractive rugby in the league ( confirmed by sky and other club supporters ) we can only pray from here ...

We were 30 mins from administration last season and needed the money. When you need the money, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of the club.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 18 Aug 2014, 13:25

HuddsTigers wrote:
baldtiger wrote:if daz goes i will be gob smacked .. one for what i have heard and 2 why would he leave his home town team when they are on such a roll, great coaches great team spirit and they are offering him a good deal. they are in the top eight or maybe top four . plus they are playing the most attractive rugby in the league ( confirmed by sky and other club supporters ) we can only pray from here ...

We were 30 mins from administration last season and needed the money. When you need the money, sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the sake of the club.
Don't sign Gilmour & Webster, there - sacrifice done.

There's also been many people over the years wanting to buy Cas but have been driven away by the ridiculous asking price for the club so admin would not have been the end of the world, that I'm 99.9% sure of.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 18 Aug 2014, 13:34

TheSheriff wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:

Don't sign Gilmour & Webster, there - sacrifice done.

There's also been many people over the years wanting to buy Cas but have been driven away by the ridiculous asking price for the club so admin would not have been the end of the world, that I'm 99.9% sure of.
Maybe but I'm 100% sure that we wouldn't be at Wembley of sitting in a guaranteed to 6 spot either.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 18 Aug 2014, 14:35

30 mins from administration ????????

i never knew such a time was given to the club, in fact if it ever was, or is it just some other rumor that has blossomed into something

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 18 Aug 2014, 15:10

Really? I can't believe you'd ever think that administration is 'they way to go'. Going in to administration damages the clubs reputation, hurts creditors who rely on the club the pay debts and causes so many other issues off the field including point deductions, players being sold and a near zero chance of ever being trusted again.

Start up a company and then go in to administration, then come back and see if you're still sure about the 99.9% percentage.
30 mins from administration ????????

i never knew such a time was given to the club, in fact if it ever was, or is it just some other rumor that has blossomed into something
Confirmed by the Steve Gill in a recent article.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 18 Aug 2014, 16:09

Matt wrote:
Really? I can't believe you'd ever think that administration is 'they way to go'. Going in to administration damages the clubs reputation, hurts creditors who rely on the club the pay debts and causes so many other issues off the field including point deductions, players being sold and a near zero chance of ever being trusted again.

Start up a company and then go in to administration, then come back and see if you're still sure about the 99.9% percentage.
30 mins from administration ????

Confirmed by the Steve Gill in a recent article.
Makes interesting reading (not!!!!!!)

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/ru ... -1-6782108
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 19 Aug 2014, 14:22

Matt wrote: Confirmed by the Steve Gill in a recent article.
Steve Gill also confirmed he wouldn't sell Clark... yet everyone speculates he is going. Sold at the very point Gill said he wouldn't.