The final table

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

The final table

Post by InTheKnow » 27 Jul 2014, 19:53

Well, 5 weeks to go so I think it's time to bring back the final table topic.

Had a good luck at all the top 6 teams final games and this is how I have the table looking at the end. Please feel free to add your Own if you take a look at fixtures:

Leeds 40
Cas 38
St Helens 38
Wigan 36
Warrington 36
Hudds 36

I think we have the easiest run in from now. Wins against Bradford, wakey, London then coming down to the final game. Catalan already settled in 7th and us going for top spot think we may win. 38 points

Leeds to beat Bradford, London, Saints and Hull FC. Takes them to top spot on 40.

Saints to beat Hull and Wakey- 38 points

Wigan to beat Salford, Hull KR and Widnes 36 points

Warrington to beat Cas, Huddersfield, Saints and Wigan 36 points

Huddersfield to beat Wakey, Widnes, Hull FC and Saints 36 points

Looking at this. Our final game VS Catalan may be huge. huge. Decide between 2nd and 5th.

Cridling Stubbs
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: The final table

Post by Cridling Stubbs » 27 Jul 2014, 20:15

InTheKnow wrote:Well, 5 weeks to go so I think it's time to bring back the final table topic.

Had a good luck at all the top 6 teams final games and this is how I have the table looking at the end. Please feel free to add your Own if you take a look at fixtures:

Leeds 40
Cas 38
St Helens 38
Wigan 36
Warrington 36
Hudds 36

I think we have the easiest run in from now. Wins against Bradford, wakey, London then coming down to the final game. Catalan already settled in 7th and us going for top spot think we may win. 38 points

Leeds to beat Bradford, London, Saints and Hull FC. Takes them to top spot on 40.

Saints to beat Hull and Wakey- 38 points

Wigan to beat Salford, Hull KR and Widnes 36 points

Warrington to beat Cas, Huddersfield, Saints and Wigan 36 points

Huddersfield to beat Wakey, Widnes, Hull FC and Saints 36 points

Looking at this. Our final game VS Catalan may be huge. huge. Decide between 2nd and 5th.
Nothing like getting ahead of yourself. The old adage 'One game at a time' may well be boring, but it is the only way to be and the most effective. Take care of each game as it comes and the table will take care of itself. Also I will guarantee you that those games you mention and predict, will not all end up with those results. Far from it. What makes you think that Warrington will beat both Saints and Wigan, particularly as they are both away.

Although I don't get into these type of things, believing in taking one game at a time, for what it's worth, I too think Leeds will come top, but think Saints will come second, leaving ourselves and Wigan fighting for 3rd and 4th spot. If that did happen to be the case, 3rd would be ideal. Normally going to Saints has only meant one thing for us, but they are now without Walsh, Hohaio and Lomax, for the rest of the season, leaving them very shorthanded at half back to say the least.

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 27 Jul 2014, 20:45

Just excited for the next 2 months. Nothing wrong with looking ahead at it. We do it at the start of the season so what's so different now??

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 27 Jul 2014, 20:46

I think we've more chance against Warrington than Wakefield . If we weren't in the cup i'd fancy them all, but, thankfully we are and I could see a few sub par performances based on that. Each way I ain't complaining. It's been a good year

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Jul 2014, 22:25

Saints I'm not sure on but I did this earlier and had them, Leeds and Wigan all finishing on 40. Us and Hudds 36, Wire 32
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 27 Jul 2014, 22:49

So I guess today's results blew all the predictions out of the water ?
C'mon be honest, who tipped Bradford to beat Wigan and wakey to beat Wire then??
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Jul 2014, 06:57

I think the most dangerous teams to play at this stage of the season are Salford Wakefield Widnes Hull fc n Hull kr fighting to get that top 8 spot
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Jul 2014, 09:28

Iv gone
Leeds 40
Wigan 40
Cas 36
Sts 36
Hudds 36
Wire 34
But iv probly been a bit harder on ourselves only giving us 3 wins from our last 5 so hopefully im proved wrong but even with 5/5 that only puts us on 40 so will need to improve our points diff to (dare i say it) win the league
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Askham Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Askham Tiger » 28 Jul 2014, 11:41

Win our three remaining home games and I think that's top 4 for us, which is one hell of an achievement.

London and Bradford should be certain wins...although Bradford won yesterday and obviously played well, it sounded like Wigan were terrible, they have a bit of a problem playing away games in West Yorkshire, losing at Castleford, Wakefield, Bradford, Leeds, Hudds. Maybe teams just aren't showing enough respect to Mr Wane :lol:

Wakefield at home will be a tricky one, but if we are genuinely a Top 4 team then we should win. Can't see us winning in the heat of France and I think Warrington away will be a narrow defeat.

bath_tub
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bath_tub » 28 Jul 2014, 16:31

I love the fact that the mighty Tigers are challenging at the top of the table!!!! :dance:

I think the results over the weekend prove that the race is not over, with Wigan and Warrington slipping up. I fully expect St Helens to struggle without Walsh, Lomax and Hohaia ( for a while). Also Leeds wont have it all there own way, they still have to play Wigan and the Saints. Overall looking at the remaining fixtures for the top 6 teams, there is some massive games. Its amazing that we are up there.

We have set very high standards this year. A few days back I was speaking to a freind who said "what happened to Cas on Thursday" after our 18 - 18 draw. I informed him that we lost 52 - 0 there last year which put the score into context for him and me. People have noticed us this year and expect us to win / compete every match. Also all those people waiting for us to slip up need to realise there is only 5 games left and 1 cc semi final! What we have acheived is amazing! It wasnt long ago when we sufffered two relegations and look where we are now. I was just as proud to be a Cas Fan then as I am today, just look forward to games a bit more now ;) . Be Loyal. Be loud. Be Cas. Be proud.

Grez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Grez » 29 Jul 2014, 20:42

So this is the updated run-in for the top 6....

"Total" is what you get when you add the league positions of all opponents together. This means the higher the total, the more lowly in the table are your opponents during the run-in. One typo: Wire should have a total of 21 and not 20.

Click the thumbnail for a good look.

Imagebackingcas by Grez_H, on Flickr

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 30 Jul 2014, 11:02

Saints would be nailed on for me if it wasn't for their mounting injury list. I actually still think they'll squeak home in the top spot though. I have a suspicion Bradford might turn over Leeds this weekend. Nothing to lose, a win again Wigan behind them, the old enemy and Leeds with an eye on the semi. That result might just swing it to Saints.

Who makes it to the CC final might have a say as well though. If Cas don't make it and Warrington do then you'd expect a Cas win there. Although Leeds have London the week before the final date who you'd expect them to beat even with their academy team out.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Aug 2014, 10:48

I can see us finishing secound with wigan on top saints have big problems now ..you have to pinch yourself sometimes
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cvtiger » 02 Aug 2014, 10:54

Top four for us, then we get at least two play off games. I was hoping for one chance this year, but to have two chances would be amazing........
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 02 Aug 2014, 13:53

it would be brilliant wigan top us 2nd then play wigan at the dw we win straight to grandfinal

and a trip to wembley some thing we could only dream of at start of season this seaon .. C O Y F ...

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 02 Aug 2014, 14:01

I darn't get to far infront of myself.
Imo its one game at a time.
Anything can happen, bradford and wakefield will be banana skins.

Both teams will want to upset our apple cart.

I will be extatic with a top 4 finish, anything else will be a massive bonus.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 02 Aug 2014, 14:26

onetiger wrote:it would be brilliant wigan top us 2nd then play wigan at the dw we win straight to grandfinal

and a trip to wembley some thing we could only dream of at start of season this seaon .. C O Y F ...
Is it not: 1 v 4 & 2 v 3 ?
In which case you may still get your wish if they finish top and we finish 4th (IF)
How much would you love to go back to Wigan for a GF eliminator ??
(Still can't believe I just said that)
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Aug 2014, 15:23

papa wrote:
onetiger wrote:it would be brilliant wigan top us 2nd then play wigan at the dw we win straight to grandfinal

In which case you may still get your wish if they finish top and we finish 4th (IF)
1 v 4
2 v 3

Losers of them play the winners of 5 v 8 and 6 v 7

Winners of them then play the original winners of 1 v4 and 2 v3 for place in gf
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Aug 2014, 16:01

the machine wrote:
papa wrote:

1 v 4
2 v 3

Losers of them play the winners of 5 v 8 and 6 v 7

Winners of them then play the original winners of 1 v4 and 2 v3 for place in gf
Missed out Clubcall.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 02 Aug 2014, 18:37

True although its usually top vs lowest for clubcall
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan