Second Row Problems ?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Second Row Problems ?

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jul 2014, 09:40

viva brad wrote:According to the hull players twitter feed he has whip lash and concussion don't think that can have been caused by weller. Surely it was as he went into the tackle and as he hit the floor
Could be right there viva brad, if you notice when weller tried getting up the hull player was prone on his back with his arms out stretched. That's not a normal stance when you know a player is gonna jump up quick to play the ball.
You tend to protect yourself.
Good point.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 25 Jul 2014, 09:51

Not convinced by this Wellar was just trying to get up. Firstly I don't think he's a dirty player but....He did appear to use the knee deliberately in that his right knee accidentally makes a bit of contact he than seems to use his left knee more deliberately and forcefully.

Maybe looked worse In slow mo but I think he willl be out for 2 or 3 games personally.

Millo looked a bad one initially hopefully worse than it looked though. If Mariano is a few games too

Only leaves Holmes, Wheeldon and Webbo as 2nd row options with Massey and Jewitt options at loose. Gilmours return may be timely, also wonder what the likelyhood of getting Cook in early is? - probably a good option.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 25 Jul 2014, 10:20

About two minutes later Richard Whiting got a knee to the head from his own team mate, will he be banned? ;)

I have a feeling he will be up in front of the disciplinary come Tuesday, unfortunately. Hopefully a caution or even a one match ban for being reckless. To me he was simply trying to get a quick play the ball, something Hull and James Child rarely allowed us to do.

Fingers crossed Mariano and Millington aren't too badly injured - we've stayed relatively injury/ban free, and then just shy of the semi final this happened! A bit of tension for the build up!

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Jul 2014, 10:25

We really suffered having mariano and carvell off so soon. The game changed. Carvell was picked out by the opposition and took some big hits, then looked to have picked up a face injury. He was much better when he came back.

vivabradavis
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by vivabradavis » 25 Jul 2014, 10:58

With all the different opinions on here,mine being it was accidental and theRFL about to scrutinize it,there will only be one outcome a ban.A semi in two weeks,a surname which isn't Sinfield,guarantee be 3 games,any excuse them clowns need to bring us down,they will.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 25 Jul 2014, 11:57

i did notice that as abdull was being stretchered off weller went over and patted him and said something to him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 25 Jul 2014, 13:23

Millington is massive for Cas, been a tower this season hugely underrated and great for the team as I understand it too.
Lets hope the break between now and the 10th is enough.

Weller, this peturbs me - essentially deliberate or not, like high tackles, it was careless or reckless. Could he have avoided Abdul's head - YES so then you are in to the spectrum of intent or negligence.

I think it was wrong, I always ask myself what I would have felt if Barrie Mac, Bailey or Hock had done it to one of our players - what would I be thinking? So, in my own pointless opinion, it was reckless, I thought he looked a bit frothed up for a while before that, 1 game definitely, but it would be extremely harsh to put him out for the semi for it.

Players in the modern game do have a responsibility to the oppositions heads and that wasn't respected.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 25 Jul 2014, 16:25

Anyone know if Hauraki has used his EGP in the past twelve months? May be the difference between being available for the Semi and not being.

Although my bet is that the panel will decide that it is inconclusive whether there was intent and Hauraki will get a warning to be more careful in the future.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 25 Jul 2014, 16:48

If the second Hull player wasn't pulling Hauraki forward by the head it wouldn't have happened. The player who took the knock looked out before any of it took place, he went down like he was out before he hit the ground, I do feel for the lad has I know how it feels when something has big has Hauraki's knee connects with your head, a bit like the Hull players knee connecting with Clark's ribs. If they stop the defenders holding on to slow the play down these things would be reduced.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 25 Jul 2014, 22:26

Personally i think he'll get a ban, not saying i think he deserves it but we know what the rfl are like, clark hurt his back when a player had hold of his legs n gareth ellis tried twisting clarks body the wrong way imo putting undue pressure which should of been spotted by the ref.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Jul 2014, 08:07

Having watched it again I really do think there is nothing in it at all,if we are banning players for that then the game has gone soft!!

It's unfortunate the lad got knocked out but these things happen the games just that quick.

My main worry is millington we really do need him on the pitch not just for the semi final but for the run in and play offs he's been IMO our best forward this year and I'd be gutted if it was anything more than a strain.

Bigcurt
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bigcurt » 26 Jul 2014, 09:59

braytontiger wrote:Having watched it again I really do think there is nothing in it at all,if we are banning players for that then the game has gone soft!!

It's unfortunate the lad got knocked out but these things happen the games just that quick.

My main worry is millington we really do need him on the pitch not just for the semi final but for the run in and play offs he's been IMO our best forward this year and I'd be gutted if it was anything more than a strain.
Agree certainly about Millington, he has been outstanding and would be a massive miss.