Post Match Hull

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post Match Hull

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Jul 2014, 22:05

Well.....

Awful performance I think. We go from a really good performance for a draw to getting a draw when we should have been beat.

Did kirk Dixon actually play??

We didn't deserve that at all. Yes the referee was poor but no way can he be blamed for that poor effort. Very lucky to get a draw. If certain players weren't rested I think we would have won that game and got an extra point.

I see the other top 4 teams winning this week. (Maybe not Leeds) so will fall a further point back.

Also.... Jordan Tansey on the sideline with the players. Maybe a good sign.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Post Match Hull

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 22:09

Agree 100%
Got away with it big style
Having said that if Sneyd hadn't missed 3 conversions we would have won a game that we didn't deserve to
Not buying the rotation
Sneyd mom for me
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Jul 2014, 22:12

Millington by a mile MOM for me. Only forward to perform in my eyes. Hard work. Thought Sneyd was poor for 65 mins. Finn did nothing. Clare picked it up at end. Literally!!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2014, 22:14

It was a god awful first 40 in every respect, which continued into the 2nd half though I think Hull were out on their feet too and fitness told in the end.

When we started to get the penalties we deserved, we turned the screw but I thought the three quarters were really poor tonight. Clare had two well taken tries but he looked shaky rest of the evening.

Gibson is not the right man to face Yeaman - Webster would have done a better job. Suffice to say I think we rotated on the wrong game - hindsight's a wonderful things.

Could be costly with Millington going off too and Clark seemed to get a few knocks too. Did Mariano play in second half too?
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2014, 22:15

InTheKnow wrote:Millington by a mile MOM for me. Only forward to perform in my eyes. Hard work. Thought Sneyd was poor for 65 mins. Finn did nothing. Clare picked it up at end. Literally!!!
Millington did OK but I think Massey deserves some raps too again. He seems eager to get the quick play-the-balls. Inevitably he did make 1 or 2 errors but I think one he had one ripped out, which was symptomatic of our night really.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Jul 2014, 22:16

Anyone else think hull watering there pitch for an hour before the game was a ploy to stop our fast playing moves, maybe they do it for every game but i think tonight it certainly worked in there favour. Btw im not looking for a conspiracy just think it would of been a different game with a dry pitch
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 24 Jul 2014, 22:17

We were due a below-par performance. I'd rather it came today and not in the cup semi-final.
It was a poor performance but we still got a point - I'd have taken two points from consecutive away games at Leeds and Hull at the start of the year
If we had won at a canter today and then beat a team who haven't won all year next week, I could see us losing the semi. Now the players know they need to perform against Widnes, I think a tough game today could work to our advantage in the long run.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 24 Jul 2014, 22:20

Sky did make a big issue it was a football pitch so was heavily watered. Never heard that at Wigan, London or Huddersfield games in the past. Thought Carvells second spell was impressive.

Long live the Tigers!!!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2014, 22:21

Shocking for most of the game, Powell is going to work them hard in training for that! Hairdryer treatment might be needed too.

Cas12345
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas12345 » 24 Jul 2014, 22:26

I've seen so many people moaning about DP resting playes tonight, not buying the rotation, or just generally complaining. Seriously people just get a grip. No team can play with their first choice 13 every week. We have a semi final in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure if the players were tired and we lost there would be hell on. Some people just can't be happy or are simply been spoilt. Are we seriously going to turn into Whino fans after 1 decent season and call for the coaches head after 1 poor performance?????? No!!!!! Just shut your traps, enjoy the ride, get behind DP and the lads. COYF.

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 24 Jul 2014, 22:30

I think dp got his tactics wrong tonight...he tried to play up the middle and the guys just looked out of sorts....look at the way we played when we started to use our normal passing game in the last 15 mins..
.. Didn't understand why we changed a winning formula....and lucky we were close enough to snatch a draw....imho dp cost us that extra point tonight...

shows he is human...lol

Katie316

Post by Katie316 » 24 Jul 2014, 22:33

We seemed to play 'up the middle' rugby, when we threw the ball out it never stuck. Apart from the last 15 minutes we were dire. Our forwards worked very hard though. Definitely a point won.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 22:35

Cas12345 wrote:I've seen so many people moaning about DP resting playes tonight, not buying the rotation, or just generally complaining. Seriously people just get a grip. No team can play with their first choice 13 every week. We have a semi final in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure if the players were tired and we lost there would be hell on. Some people just can't be happy or are simply been spoilt. Are we seriously going to turn into Whino fans after 1 decent season and call for the coaches head after 1 poor performance?????? No!!!!! Just shut your traps, enjoy the ride, get behind DP and the lads. COYF.
No you shut your trap
No one has called for the coaches head
DP and DO are doing a fantastic job.
I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as you
We got the rotation wrong tonight
Players want to play and want to win
End of

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 22:37

Ps
I've been behind the 'lads' since 1968
What about you?

Dr?
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dr? » 24 Jul 2014, 22:46

Confirmed what I said before the match in another thread. I just don't think we will quite have the squad to make the grand final this year. But getting a point in a match where we had pretty much zero luck, coughed up more ball than I've seen all year and had rested a good number of players shows just how far we have come. And that was a mighty effort at the end to get up the park for two late scores to level up the game.

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 24 Jul 2014, 22:52

Didn't deserve to win yet we could have by 6 points if Sneyd was on target. Chalk it off and move along to London.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

Cas12345
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas12345 » 24 Jul 2014, 22:53

papa wrote:
Cas12345 wrote:I've seen so many people moaning about DP resting playes tonight, not buying the rotation, or just generally complaining. Seriously people just get a grip. No team can play with their first choice 13 every week. We have a semi final in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure if the players were tired and we lost there would be hell on. Some people just can't be happy or are simply been spoilt. Are we seriously going to turn into Whino fans after 1 decent season and call for the coaches head after 1 poor performance?????? No!!!!! Just shut your traps, enjoy the ride, get behind DP and the lads. COYF.
No you shut your trap
No one has called for the coaches head
DP and DO are doing a fantastic job.
I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as you
We got the rotation wrong tonight
Players want to play and want to win
End of
I wasn't just on about on this forum. On other social media people are calling for his head.
Would you rather our best players played every game and got burnt out? Why risk injuries with the semi final coming up? Thank god your not the coach eh.

Cas12345
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Cas12345 » 24 Jul 2014, 22:58

papa wrote:Ps
I've been behind the 'lads' since 1968
What about you?
Well done you're older than me. Big whoop.

Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Max n paddy » 24 Jul 2014, 23:05

We were very poor tonight , massy played pretty well most of the game the rest were poor for 65 mins or so .

I don't like it but Powel has to use the squad , a trip to the Capitol is very real and with in reach !

Coach / coaches , they've been brilliant ! We were second best most of the night and got a point ! The Cas of old , need I say !
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jul 2014, 23:05

i thought we looked a bit heavy legged tonight and we struggled to get any go forward and thats why our half backs struggled. having said that i did think hull would tire in the 2nd half (but not that late) millo was massive until he went off and although dicko and clare had bad games i don't think justin would have scored that 2nd try of clares.
jo brand is eddie warings love child