Post Match Hull

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cvtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: ...waiting at the gates to the promised land, that being Glasshoughton.....well near to there now.

Re: Post Match Hull

Post by cvtiger » 26 Jul 2014, 16:27

amberman wrote:What did we think of Carvell? It seemed he had some success in his later spell but good enough for a contract?
How many minutes did he do in total, I'd be surprised if it was 25, still no contract for me.......he's the next gilmour if we are not careful.
‘What words of wisdom will Dennis share this time...?'

Mr XP
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: @nathastbury

Post by Mr XP » 26 Jul 2014, 17:59

I thought he was still.playing for Hull in his first 10 minute spell, missed tackles, dropped the ball and gave away penalties, redeemed himself somewhat in the last 15 minutes but the jury is still out for me

Castleford tigers Irish supporters branch

Matt
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @invmatt

Post by Matt » 26 Jul 2014, 20:14

cvtiger wrote:
amberman wrote:What did we think of Carvell? It seemed he had some success in his later spell but good enough for a contract?
How many minutes did he do in total, I'd be surprised if it was 25, still no contract for me.......he's the next gilmour if we are not careful.
Hard to judge. At the moment his match fitness isn't great and he could do with dropping a pounds, maybe a solid pre-season under Powell would help but you'd have to take the risk and offer him a contract. If the price is right I'd keep him for another year with the option to release him if his fitness doesn't improve.
For website related issues or queries please contact the admin account as I no longer own or maintain Casforum.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 27 Jul 2014, 12:36

Matt wrote:
cvtiger wrote:
Hard to judge. At the moment his match fitness isn't great and he could do with dropping a pounds, maybe a solid pre-season under Powell would help but you'd have to take the risk and offer him a contract. If the price is right I'd keep him for another year with the option to release him if his fitness doesn't improve.
i agree with matt give him a year contract no more -untill he proves he is worth more.