Post Match Hull

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Max n paddy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Post Match Hull

Post by Max n paddy » 24 Jul 2014, 23:07

The ref letting the teams line up with each other didn't help Lurcher.
Ding Dang Doo, Let the tiger see the rhino !!

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 24 Jul 2014, 23:10

Max n paddy wrote:The ref letting the teams line up with each other didn't help Lurcher.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: aye, i know what you mean mate.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 23:16

Massey motm tonight for me,really stepped up his performances since the saints game

Dixon non existant

Played better when we stopped trying to go down middle

Clare more effective when we started to utilise him out wife rather than trying to get him to replicate what carney does down middle

Bring ellis in for finn next week
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jul 2014, 23:19

Think dp had a plan to go at them down middle because they had little back up coming off bench get them in last 20mins when they tired nearly worked tho we were poor like everyones saying
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 23:34

Cas12345 wrote:
papa wrote:Ps
I've been behind the 'lads' since 1968
What about you?
Well done you're older than me. Big whoop.
Nice to meet you big whoop
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 23:39

Cas12345 wrote:
papa wrote:
Cas12345 wrote:I've seen so many people moaning about DP resting playes tonight, not buying the rotation, or just generally complaining. Seriously people just get a grip. No team can play with their first choice 13 every week. We have a semi final in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure if the players were tired and we lost there would be hell on. Some people just can't be happy or are simply been spoilt. Are we seriously going to turn into Whino fans after 1 decent season and call for the coaches head after 1 poor performance?????? No!!!!! Just shut your traps, enjoy the ride, get behind DP and the lads. COYF.
No you shut your trap
No one has called for the coaches head
DP and DO are doing a fantastic job.
I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as you
We got the rotation wrong tonight
Players want to play and want to win
End of
I wasn't just on about on this forum. On other social media people are calling for his head.
Would you rather our best players played every game and got burnt out? Why risk injuries with the semi final coming up? Thank god your not the coach eh.
Correct, I don't get paid to be a coach cos I'm not one.
I do however pay my hard earned money to be a fan and I'll still be doing that when we've hired and fired another dozen coaches.
I reckon that entitles me (and you) to an opinion, even if I'm wrong
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 24 Jul 2014, 23:57

which ever way you look at it, it was a poor performance, it wasn't the cas that we have had the pleasure of watching lately . having said that am not blaming the coaches and the changing around of players. They have done it most of the season and rightly so , 1 to rest players, 2 to keep a happy squad. I cant put my finger on it but hull wanted it more and we did have a change of play as in driving up the middle. For me the true cas turned out in the last 15 mins and scrapped a draw. am disappointed after the great performance we gave against leeds and feel its a point thrown... But on the bright side in reality its a point gained cos hull were the better team over 80 mins !!!!!!

Ish.man
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ish.man » 25 Jul 2014, 08:37

InTheKnow wrote:Millington by a mile MOM for me. Only forward to perform in my eyes. Hard work. Thought Sneyd was poor for 65 mins. Finn did nothing. Clare picked it up at end. Literally!!!
Long night it's was awful, but fans we were great, that's one of two positives, and the other is we played to the final whistle and salvaged something. I have commented on this post because it's spot on. Finn was crap, and weak his decision making was diabolical as was sneyd (until the ens) and I just don't rate him. However people do. Team selection was horse poo. Ellis should have been in, and Clare was rattled all game although he finally put it together. Carvell was knackered, rotation LEEDS. Admit they field there strongest side every week. Most top teams do unless injury prevents. Why not rest players on the London game which IMO would be a more realistic option then away to Hull. The option to take off. Inner a put Clarke on near the end was garbage, and should have taking finn off moved Milner to half's and Clarke on. The game was sparkless. I know I know we are better then years gone by but we do not need to play one out crap rugby anymore that was the past. Child's was destroyed but I really think on reflection we have no one to blame but ourselves. Sneyd was the saving grace when he woke up.
Train hard, fight easy (simple)

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 25 Jul 2014, 08:48

Yes we played the worst we have all season and hull played the best they have all season and yet we got the draws and could have had the win!! One point is better than none!!!!

Let's not let one slip put a bad taste on this season.... I'd rather have this performance last night than in the semi final wake up call just in time...

The one point has guarenteed us a top 8 finish!!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 25 Jul 2014, 08:57

Why do people feel the need to rip into players because of one below par perfomance? Were 4th in league with a handful of games to go and in c.c semi final no team can be at there best everyweek warrington were awful against widnes last week you only have to look back to start of last season to then see how far we come
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

johnboy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnboy » 25 Jul 2014, 09:27

How the team's belief and attitude has changed. In Millward's days if we went 18-4 down we would have been looking at a 40 point drubbing. Instead, they rescue a point and very nearly win.

How quickly we forget!
Be reasonable - do it my way!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Jul 2014, 09:35

The thing is, we've played some fantastic RL this season. Some of the best I have seen for a long time.
Our expectations are now sky high.
If we put in a poor performance like last night fans are gonna be VERY disappointed when we all know we can play much better. Yes teams do have little blips, that doesn't mean us as fans should accept it.

We moan because we are frustrated, that's all.
We need a reaction now from the boys v London.

DP as to now get the selection spot on for the next game with the CC semi the week after.
Nows the time he earns his corn.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 25 Jul 2014, 09:45

Yeah, got to say there are lots on here with very short memories. How anyone can criticise DP is completely & utterly beyond me. Take away Leeds last week & recently we had already been struggling for form. We performed no better at Saints or at home to Salford than we did last night. For me, Carvell is simply not up to it, Milner & Dixon were particularly poor. I actually thought Sneyd & Finn did more than ok given all the changes & how little ball we had. Lynchy is sorely in need of a rest. Until he got injured, Mariano did a great job & imo is rapidly improving & will soon be a regular. Leave whoever we need to out of the London game as it's 2 points anyway with a good margin of win. We MUST get ready for Widnes, they looked a different team last Friday -v- Wire ... COYF

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 25 Jul 2014, 09:50

I of the Tigers wrote:Yeah, got to say there are lots on here with very short memories. How anyone can criticise DP is completely & utterly beyond me. Take away Leeds last week & recently we had already been struggling for form. We performed no better at Saints or at home to Salford than we did last night. For me, Carvell is simply not up to it, Milner & Dixon were particularly poor. I actually thought Sneyd & Finn did more than ok given all the changes & how little ball we had. Lynchy is sorely in need of a rest. Until he got injured, Mariano did a great job & imo is rapidly improving & will soon be a regular. Leave whoever we need to out of the London game as it's 2 points anyway with a good margin of win. We MUST get ready for Widnes, they looked a different team last Friday -v- Wire ... COYF
Because it was their derby

Lynch and dixon need a rest
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Jul 2014, 10:35

nottinghamtiger wrote:We were due a below-par performance. I'd rather it came today and not in the cup semi-final.
It was a poor performance but we still got a point - I'd have taken two points from consecutive away games at Leeds and Hull at the start of the year
If we had won at a canter today and then beat a team who haven't won all year next week, I could see us losing the semi. Now the players know they need to perform against Widnes, I think a tough game today could work to our advantage in the long run.
Spot on. We are still unbeaten in a few matches and have rotated . A nice win against London to build confidence and the semi final is ours.

Greyhound
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Greyhound » 25 Jul 2014, 11:05

Below par performance last night but still came home with a point, the boys never gave up, we scored four tries to there three so with 'glass half full' outlook its a good result, only worry is the injuries to Millo, Daz and Frankie, having seen the Wellar incident on TV i dont think its deliberate, it was accidental as Wellar was trying to regain his feet for a quick PTB, though some of the bizarre decisions the displinary panel make who knows what the outcome will be. Good thing is a long turnaround to London game, give the guys (who have been playing all games) a break and chance to freshen up and for DP to assess his options for both London game and the SF

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Jul 2014, 12:19

Probably for the first time this season Hull controlled possession and ntherefore the game for about 70 mins last night. It doesn't matter how good you are, you cannot win wiothout the ball.

The only worry for me were the number of times we dropped the ball but we finally recovered and should have actually won the game.

Overall I felt it was a measure of our rotation system and the weak points we have in the squad and I wouldn't target London as an easy game but one to pile on the points.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 25 Jul 2014, 13:33

I am not sure when players are not in the first team what action they get, if any - But Gibbo did struggle tonight, he needs games badly, as opposed to popping in for the odd bad game.

Sticks started dodgy but after 8 minutes I think it was when he let that kick bounce, he never looked back and played as well as anyone.

Gibbo, in a more technical position granted was real poor. The first try he was watching the ball, not his numbered off man. That meant when Rankin I think it was got to the line, Gibbo and Finn went to him and that left the opening - Really poor defending and that is upsetting. For that try if Gibbo trusts Finn becuase the line is tracking this way, all they have to do is number off and Hull need a miracle to score.

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 25 Jul 2014, 13:36

For the record, not that it matters now, the turning point felt like when they knocked back 2 points, really kickable. They rolled on and came up with nothing.

It is easy to say that in hindsight, but that is all about game management, good teams manage the game and contest better than that, from that moment, it gave us a shot.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 25 Jul 2014, 15:10

mdean wrote:The first try he was watching the ball, not his numbered off man. That meant when Rankin I think it was got to the line, Gibbo and Finn went to him and that left the opening - Really poor defending.
Sorry but I have to disagree since you're just repeating what was said at half time yesterday by John Wells.

The first Hull try came from Kirk Dixon coming in field to tackle Yeaman when Gibson had him covered. By doing this, KD gave Talanoa a walk in. Really poor wing play by KD who had his worse game in a Cas shirt.