liam finn

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

liam finn

Post by dude » 24 Jul 2014, 21:39

can someone please explain what he brings to our team? he looked decent for 5 or 6 games and now he goes missing. his kicking game is a shambles, he defence is poor and his organisation is non existant. teams just rush him and he hasnt got a clue what to do. i think its time he has a rest and bring ellis in or an even further left field choice play ben reynolds with sneyd

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: liam finn

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2014, 21:43

Hey look, someone who doesn't know Rugby or actually doesn't watch games!

Educate yourself on what a halfback is supposed to do.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2014, 21:49

Been poor tonight.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 24 Jul 2014, 21:52

TheSheriff wrote:Hey look, someone who doesn't know Rugby or actually doesn't watch games!

played half back for 15 years mate and if i did nothing like he does i wouldnt have played for 1 year. look at the difference between him and sneyd. id have said finn should be an organiser and a game manager but his kicking game is awful and has been for a long time

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2014, 21:54

:lol: kicking game has been awful for a long time? He's kicked teams to death the last few weeks!

EDIT:

Now that was a great kick and great vision by Sneyd!

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 24 Jul 2014, 21:57

TheSheriff wrote::lol: kicking game has been awful for a long time? He's kicked teams to death the last few weeks!

EDIT:

yeh sneyd is a great half back acored 1 set 3 up what has fin done apart from let abdul run over him for a try

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 24 Jul 2014, 22:07

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sneyd and Finn were poor for 65 mins. Sneyd picked it up at end but Finn did nothing.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2014, 22:13

TheSheriff wrote::lol: kicking game has been awful for a long time? He's kicked teams to death the last few weeks!

EDIT:

This game finn was pants.
But so was a fair few others.

The whole team looked at odds tonight.

Just a shame sneyd missed 3 goals.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2014, 22:14

InTheKnow wrote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Sneyd and Finn were poor for 65 mins. Sneyd picked it up at end but Finn did nothing.

So you was watching the same game as me ;)

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2014, 22:16

Finn wasn't good today no, but the original post is saying he hasn't been good for the majority of the season.

It's like people don't watch what's going on when the ball is about to be played etc, Finn is the one usually setting everything up.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 24 Jul 2014, 22:21

TheSheriff wrote:Hey look, someone who doesn't know Rugby or actually doesn't watch games!

I'm sure he knows more than you. He's been poor for a while and the fast track has exposed his pace, or lack there of. His defense is weak at best. His kicking game is good and gets him out of a hole.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 24 Jul 2014, 22:25

"Defence is weak" didn't he have a game with 40 made and 0 missed? Talk about weak defence!

This forum is the same every year though, ignore players that do the little stuff and praise the flashy players (McGoldrick, Hauraki, Dorn etc) despite them making more mistakes than they do good.

Finn plays because he's the one that gets all the players where they need to be - Jamie Ellis can't do that, that's been proven over multiple years now. Powell knows that, that's why he trusts Finn to play - even if he doesn't have the best of games he's needed to dictate the play.

laner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by laner » 24 Jul 2014, 22:41

I think the team has a bigger weakness than Finn in defence many other fans I speak to are also concerned but nothing is changed by the coaching staff hope it does not cost the team during the latter part of the season and also would ask what do Child and Roby have against Cas never seen officials as bad as them in all the time I have followed the sport

Jugadores

Post by Jugadores » 24 Jul 2014, 22:43

Seems nearly every week Liam Finn's performances are a topic of discussion, the reason is simple, he's just not good enough. I've been hammered on here for saying it, terrible in defence, slow around the pitch, his passes take an age to land, and least said about his kicking game the better!! Time to either play Dorn at 6 , & Tansey at 1, or bring Ellis back in, personally I prefer the former, I think Tansey still is the best FB at the club.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 24 Jul 2014, 23:04

I'd like to see Clark get more game time, maybe rotating between half back and hooker . I appreciate he makes an impact from the bench but maybe he's young enough to play more than 40 minutes. We just seem to lose so much pace around the ruck when ges off and Milner is no substitute. In my opinion that is .

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 23:23

Id give ellis a go next week
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

castiger45678
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castiger45678 » 24 Jul 2014, 23:43

Finn has been spot on all season he has on off game and your on his back he has been a key player of our team all season as for you playing for 15 years at half back and doing nothing like finn if you did you might have made it part time but guess you haven't so that point is invalid plus there's plenty of guys out there that's out therecthats played for 15 years I have played for 16 years,but I can't compare myself to a super league player just enjoy the good moments instead of getting on tieback of "the boys" support them thru thick and thin yes today was an off day but we will be back on form soon

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 25 Jul 2014, 00:02

I think the games Ellis has played he has really stepped up, however when he partners Sneyd at hb for a full game we become panicked and seriously unorganised.

He may not be flashy but hes not the terrible player some on here are making him out to be.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 25 Jul 2014, 00:10

Only fault with Finn is he has concrete boots.

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 25 Jul 2014, 01:14

Finn is slow yes, poor at defence no, I think tonight he was covering his centre tonight who wasn't great, I'm still seeing a point won tonight at the start of the season I didn't have a win for this game, 2 points from the last 2 games is a good result for me so let's get off the players backs and get behind them and try push them on to glory. I will be.
COYF