London week before semi

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: London week before semi

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 12:07

TT Tiger wrote:I'd go for;
Gibson
Clare
Channing
Shenton
Dixon
Renolds
Carvel
Milner
Lynch/huby
Weller
Jewitt
Marriano

Wheeldon
Ellis
Howden
Gilmore maybe?
youve only picked 12 to start,Jewitt not a second rower and cant see howden/gilmour playing
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Jul 2014, 12:21

the machine wrote:
TT Tiger wrote:I'd go for;
Gibson
Clare
Channing
Shenton
Dixon
Renolds
Carvel
Milner
Lynch/huby
Weller
Jewitt
Marriano

Wheeldon
Ellis
Howden
Gilmore maybe?
youve only picked 12 to start,Jewitt not a second rower and cant see howden/gilmour playing
Finn at SH and jewitt can do the job against broncos good game for howden to get some game time, not sure about Gilmore myself

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 12:24

Gilmour wont play for us again imo,looks terrible for wakey and howden not ready,just my opinion tho
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 24 Jul 2014, 12:36

For me I would play a strong team to rack up the points and keep the confidence high, also keeps the team work flowing

I would rest dorn, carney, shentron, sneyd

Go into the game with a strong bench just incase!!

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Jul 2014, 12:41

id leave shenton lynch dorn clark millington and sneyd out play reynolds and finn at six and seven surely we must have someone who can do better than gilmour carnt see him playing for cas again
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 24 Jul 2014, 12:53

I just think it is the game to ease him and BR in for a bit of superleague confidence, if they can't do it against these guys now they never will, and Gilmore if he is there use him we are paying him

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 12:55

Too many changes will set us back,also dont see why everyone keeps saying rest carney when hes been rested/rotated this week,dixon more likely to miss next week

Michael Jordan

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Jul 2014, 13:00

Carney will play against Broncos, nothing likely to happen to ruffle his feathers against them, & given Solomona's heading our way. Same couldn't be said about tonight's game, had he been included, given the history. Very wise move to leave him out tonight IMO. COYF

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Jul 2014, 13:46

Let's focus on tonight first and get out of this game OK. No point hypothesising when things can change.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 24 Jul 2014, 16:03

I can't for the life of me see wholesale changes next week, rugby is a game of momentum and confidence. We have a real chance to work on those little things that haven't quite clicked over the past month heading into the semi final.

If injuries happen they happen its a contact sport anyone who is close to been 100% should be available for selection.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 24 Jul 2014, 16:14

Dont think we can afford to rest too much as most players need to keep playing else form drops.

weve rested huby webster n carney this week so put them back in next week n rest lynch shenton n dixon

leave the rest in but just rotate subs to rest others like Id start ellis at 9 sneyd at 7 n bring clark on for sneyd but obviously he'll goto 9 n ellis can stay on at 7 so sneyd n clark get shorter games n ellis gets a full game.

Also give mariano more game time with huaraki n holmes playing less.

Bit to take in all that but im sure dp will be thinking along those lines :)
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tongo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tongo » 24 Jul 2014, 17:13

I would rest Lynch and Finn in rotation with this weeks. Why rest a full squad, keep the momentum running on what should be a big win over London. If we rest players and that team loses to London not only would it be totally embarrassing but could lead to a lack of confidence.

Casforum Rugby Predictions Championship Grand Final Champion 2012

Stan the man

Post by Stan the man » 24 Jul 2014, 17:20

Regards Carney, he has been playing for sometime now with a niggly knee injury that needs rest, so I would imagine he will be also rested against London. Same with Clarke. Personally I would rest as many players as we can humanely get away with. Lets be honest we will beat London if we rested eight. I am not bothered about points difference or anything, first things first, it is imperative we beat Widnes. What people don't realise is that a Wembley appearance will make us anything between 750k and 1 million pound. There is absolutely no way I would risk that, for a game we will win comfortably anyhow.

That money can assure we have a bigger and better squad next season, when we absolutely need to as the season is going to be a lot longer with more games, and minus this seasons two easybeats. Furthermore it can help make us a SL top 6 side for the next few years. Why risk all that for one game. Lets get established first and then like the already established clubs we can then start thinking about attacking on all fronts, in every single game. (Although even they have to rest players when needed. I bet you anything you like that Leeds will rest players next week versus Bradford) A Wembley appearance will be the catalyst for that to happen. Not getting to Wembley, will keep us in the same situation, wheeling and dealing on a shoestring in order to get a sizeable enough squad to help us compete. It would be a real bodyblow to our ambitions. Lets not risk potential long term stability and success for short term gain. Also the Leeds game was the most fiercest I have seen for sometime and will have taken plenty out of us. Some players will be crying out for a rest next week.
Last edited by Stan the man on 24 Jul 2014, 17:24, edited 2 times in total.

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 24 Jul 2014, 17:22

the machine wrote:Too many changes will set us back,also dont see why everyone keeps saying rest carney when hes been rested/rotated this week,dixon more likely to miss next week
I agree, it took us weeks to recover from the battering we got at Wigan with a weakened side.
I'm a great believer in a winning team keeping momentum going (as long as they are all pretty fit and fresh)
If we did get to wembley I don't think a hammering at Warrington with half a team would do us any good whatsoever
Only my opinion ..
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Jul 2014, 17:23

Rest no one if everyone is fit and raring to go.
Lets get a massive win v London, we then have a full week to recover.

Obviously if a player as a niggle leave them out.
If all players put there hand up to play, play them.

Winning breeds winning.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 24 Jul 2014, 17:32

Stan the man wrote:Regards Carney, he has been playing for sometime now with a niggly knee injury that needs rest, so I would imagine he will be also rested against London. Same with Clarke. Personally I would rest as many players as we can humanely get away with. Lets be honest we will beat London if we rested eight. I am not bothered about points difference or anything, first things first, it is imperative we beat Widnes. What people don't realise is that a Wembley appearance will make us anything between 750k and 1 million pound. There is absolutely no way I would risk that, for a game we will win comfortably anyhow.

That money can assure we have a bigger and better squad next season, when we absolutely need to as the season is going to be a lot longer with more games, and minus this seasons two easybeats. Furthermore it can help make us a SL top 6 side for the next few years. Why risk all that for one game. Lets get established first and then like the already established clubs we can then start thinking about attacking on all fronts, in every single game. (Although even they have to rest players when needed. I bet you anything you like that Leeds will rest players next week versus Bradford) A Wembley appearance will be the catalyst for that to happen. Not getting to Wembley, will keep us in the same situation, wheeling and dealing on a shoestring in order to get a sizeable enough squad to help us compete. It would be a real bodyblow to our ambitions. Lets not risk potential long term stability and success for short term gain. Also the Leeds game was the most fiercest I have seen for sometime and will have taken plenty out of us. Some players will be crying out for a rest next week.
Not quite,if we were to make wembley and grand final this year then same again next year we'd actually play only one game more

this year 5 cc games 27 league games 3 play off games(dependant on top 4)

Next year 4 cc games(start in round 6 next year) 30 league games 2 playoff games

This year

Michael Jordan