Sinfield ban

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Sinfield ban

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2014, 16:07

Frankas wrote:Why wasn't he charged with the aggression, has well has full contact, a layman could see his face and it didn't take any provocation by Dorn, he just threw the dummy out and has got away with nothing more than a slap on the hand. I also see that Peakock wasn't charged for violent conduct when he tried to neck Dorn after the incident.
Not quite,he got sent off,cost leeds the win and now misses the next 2 games
TigerDebbie wrote:
Didn't see people saying he would. People were saying he should n they was right he should of been a grade d n with his good record got 4 games the lowest ban for the grade n reduced to 3 with a early guilty plea
Alot were saying he saying he should of got 6-8 which was laughable,he was never going to get charged D/E/F and has just been escalated by fans
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jul 2014, 16:15

the machine wrote:

Alot were saying he saying he should of got 6-8 which was laughable,he was never going to get charged D/E/F and has just been escalated by fans

Ok, so what constitutes a grade D/E/F

Is it 2/3/4 head butts straight after one another.
I'm just confused, because it was for all to see sinfield went in with aggression.

I just cant work this disciplinary out one bit.

As for peacock, well, the ankle twist he should have been sent off.
In our sport theres no fairness.
It goes by who as the biggest name gets the least sentence.
What happened to a level playing field and fairness.
Went out of the window a long time ago.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 21 Jul 2014, 16:19

the machine wrote:

So your saying if sinfield had stayed on the field and not got sent off, leeds would have won.
You know that for sure.

If the video ref did there job right, cas would have won that game with or without sinfield being on the field.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 21 Jul 2014, 16:39

Calm down people, we can argue the toss, rights & wrongs, etc., but at the end of the day we know how Red Hall operate & I'm sure we really didn't expect either the blue eyed boy or his sidekick JP to be overly punished (or in the case of the latter not at all). Their proper punishment will be dished out not by the RFL but by us, as & when we get the opportunity. Soon. One way or another. Know what I mean ... COYF

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2014, 18:25

old cas lass wrote:
the machine wrote:

So your saying if sinfield had stayed on the field and not got sent off, leeds would have won.
You know that for sure.

If the video ref did there job right, cas would have won that game with or without sinfield being on the field.
You dont know that they wouldnt of won either
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by the machine » 21 Jul 2014, 18:29

old cas lass wrote:
the machine wrote:

Ok, so what constitutes a grade D/E/F

Is it 2/3/4 head butts straight after one another.
I'm just confused, because it was for all to see sinfield went in with aggression.

I just cant work this disciplinary out one bit.

As for peacock, well, the ankle twist he should have been sent off.
In our sport theres no fairness.
It goes by who as the biggest name gets the least sentence.
What happened to a level playing field and fairness.
Went out of the window a long time ago.
A spear tackle,aggresively making contact with a ref,what carney did last year at hull,

And ill go back to what ive said all along would we have all been 'outraged' and demanding more if it had been dorn that 'headbutted' sinfield? Of course not

Michael Jordan

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 21 Jul 2014, 18:55

casgadger wrote:Charged with Grade C, will submit early plea tomorrow and get 2 matches. Funny how they get away with it.

What concerned me the most though was Peacock trying to nobble Clark, that could have been a career threatening thing to do to Clark, not what you would expect 1 professional to do to another, very very nasty.

I AGREE PEACOCK WAS THE WORST INCIDENT IN THAT GAME :x ](*,)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 21 Jul 2014, 19:02

and peacock grabbed dorn by the throat. i had a feeling sinfield would get a light sentence as in the media it has gradually changed from being described as a head butt to pushing his head in dorn's face.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 21 Jul 2014, 19:03

Issac luke got a two match ban for twisting Rangi's leg in an international game why hasn't peacock got something similar. ...oh I forgot he's Jamie Peacock and cos he is knocking on a bit he can do what he wants.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 21 Jul 2014, 19:20

Someone ells with nut someone in the very near future and we will see what punishment his dished out, has for peacock, in his old age he his turning into a thug, if someone betters him turn nasty like he did against Leigh, throwing more than one punch what connected, but it slips my mind how many games he was banned for.

Then there was the throat grab on Dorn with pictured all over the web and papers, but no charge, if I did that to some one the police would be knocking at my door charging me with graves bodily arm, there's no excuse for twisting someone's ankle, grabbing someone by the throat , or someone head butting another person. If there wasn't any aggression in the head but, then so be it 3 or 2 game's but there was so it should have been grade D no-mater what a players record is.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 21 Jul 2014, 20:08

Fair ban move on.

For those asking to differentiate, he did little more than force his head into Dorn's face.

A proper headbutt would have involved drawing his head back and smacking nut on him harder than he did and busting Dorn's nose or something.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

InTheKnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by InTheKnow » 21 Jul 2014, 20:10

Doesn't really bother us now anyway. Let it go.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 22 Jul 2014, 02:17

Frankas wrote:A clean record means nothing in the NRL, if you brake the rules your punished for it, no matter what your disciplinary record says, there system his a lot more black and white than ours, what seems more like a rainbow, we need one charge for each offence, so fans from all clubs know no club gets preferential treatment for certain players.
Not correct Frankas a clean record DOES mean something in the NRL as they have a 7 year rule. But you arevright that the system is back and white. The NRL in trying to make the disciplinary system fairer operate a system whereby penalties attract a pre-determined amount of points.

The Match Review Committee state the charge i.e. Dangerous Throw then grade it between 1-5. 5 being most serious. So each grade has an amount of points attached to it. So once a player is charged and the offence is graded then the player, the club and all fans know what points the player will get.

So the Sinfield head but would ge graded lesser than the 'Liverpool Kiss' that Big Mal used to great effect over here :D

Each 100 points a player accrues means he misses 1 game. So if a player is charged and is given a penalty of 250 points for a dangerous throw then he misses 2 games and the remaining 50 is carried to the next offence. So if he is charged again and given another penalty of 50 points then that makes 100 points so he misses 1 more game.

They also have a rule whereby if a player has not been convicted of any charge for 7 years then they get a 25% reduction on the points given for a particular offence.

Early guilty pleas also mean that the points given can be reduced by 25%.

This system is simple and clear and it is one I have got used to in 8 years over here. The RFL one appears muddled and contentious and leads to supporters of one club wanting an opposition player to cop a big ban whilst that players supporters want a lesser ban.

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 22 Jul 2014, 05:26

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:This system is simple and clear and it is one I have got used to in 8 years over here. The RFL one appears muddled and contentious and leads to supporters of one club wanting an opposition player to cop a big ban whilst that players supporters want a lesser ban.
Sadly AT, that applies to just about everything the RFL do. The system as you describe in the NRL is one the RFL could do well to look at. A "clean" record of 7 years has value, unlike the prevalent use of an EGP over here, which when used (unless I'm missing a trick), simply dilutes the level of punishment ](*,)

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 22 Jul 2014, 07:09

I am going to leave conspiracy theories and Leeds bias to one side.
What I don't like is EGP for on-field violence, like this, like punching, I just think the messages are wrong to kids playing sport.

I happen to think that Kevin Sinfield is a good player and I don't think the incident was that bad, but the imagery is all wrong, that somehow this is technically the same seriousness as mistiming a tackle and making direct head contact by mistake.

Make all deliberate contact with the head 10 games and then the temptation to push your head in someone's face, whether it brushes or knocks them out is the same..... grading head butts??? A sport that says some head butts are less punishable than others? Lets just make it completely unacceptable.

castiger45678
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castiger45678 » 22 Jul 2014, 11:19

Right few things. Picked up on to help suggest why it was a aggressive headbutt

1. Clenched teeth (snarling)
2. Saying [Cut out the swearing!]
3. His eyes was closed on impact (if it wasn't a headbutt why would he clothes his eyes
4. Sky pundits straight away trying to justify it

RFL = RUINED the [Cut out the swearing!] LEAGUE

TT Tiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TT Tiger » 22 Jul 2014, 11:46

mdean wrote:I am going to leave conspiracy theories and Leeds bias to one side.
What I don't like is EGP for on-field violence, like this, like punching, I just think the messages are wrong to kids playing sport.

I happen to think that Kevin Sinfield is a good player and I don't think the incident was that bad, but the imagery is all wrong, that somehow this is technically the same seriousness as mistiming a tackle and making direct head contact by mistake.

Make all deliberate contact with the head 10 games and then the temptation to push your head in someone's face, whether it brushes or knocks them out is the same..... grading head butts??? A sport that says some head butts are less punishable than others? Lets just make it completely unacceptable.
Completely agree, why should some body be rewarded for not been as good at head butting as someone else, I've always thought that about punching when people say "if he connected he'd be in bother" why does the connection make it worse the intent was the same!

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 22 Jul 2014, 13:31

TT Tiger wrote:
mdean wrote:I am going to leave conspiracy theories and Leeds bias to one side.

Completely agree, why should some body be rewarded for not been as good at head butting as someone else, I've always thought that about punching when people say "if he connected he'd be in bother" why does the connection make it worse the intent was the same!
I think part of this is now going to come back to what kind of game we want in the long run.

I don't want any swearing at the referee. Automatic yellow, or red depending if it is agressive. The reason they can't do it in football is they let it go too far, so at all levels, we should stop that now.

Head butting; regardless of contact or outcome, something really significant - 6 games. I would apply that to Welham I think it was early in the season and Sinfield the same - I know that it is disproportionate, but there is no reason or justification for it. Very quickly this irritating habit of pushing heads at each other goes away.

Start to really look at the elements of the game we dislike and set our stall out, then things like grading offences become irrelevant, we, as a sport, role models, examples have chosen that it will not be part of our sport.

We can't go down the football route - simulation and "winning penalties" prevails in football becuase it was allowed to, if the referee sent everyone off he thought, in his best belief had cheated - within a few weeks, it would very quickly become not worth the risk to dive and so it stops.

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 22 Jul 2014, 16:09

thats two that dorn has attracted this season, Sinfield has an exemplary record and i think that his punishment is fitting. Lets all get over it and move on,

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 22 Jul 2014, 17:26

Here here Speedy. He hasn't been sent off ever! I personally don't think it was a head butt either. Just pushing his head into Dorns. I do think that Peacock should have had a far more serious suspension than Sinfield for trying to twist Daz Clark's foot off. A public bumming maybe?