SO... where is Jordan Tansey??

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: SO... where is Jordan Tansey??

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 11 Jul 2014, 09:24

Bigcurt wrote:The club could help themselves to stop these stupid rumours by being a bit more proactive with injury updates. The only thing I can remember hearing on Tansey was Powell saying he had a knee injury a good few weeks back. The odd update on how players are progressing would be good, how rehab is going, when they are back in training, when they are expected to be fully fit etc.
But what if he isn't injured? I'm not saying this is the case, but the matter could be deemed private by the club. It is frustrating not knowing, but we are merely customers of a business with an emotional attachment. They don't have to tell us diddly squat.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jul 2014, 09:39

As long as dorn keeps performing and clare steps in today and shows what he can do at full back, I'm not to concerned about tansey. Yes he's had some good games and is a better defender than dorn.....but we cant have it all.

Now lets go beat hudds.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Jul 2014, 11:37

i don't do twitter so i don't know if jordan does. perhaps some one could ask him.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

MattD
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MattD » 11 Jul 2014, 12:26

Steve Gill said on Tigertalk that the club don't give out injury updates due to them not always being correct. I.e players not always returning on dates set ect.

Greyhound
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Greyhound » 11 Jul 2014, 13:01

I always thought Jordan played well for us. I might be wrong but hasnt he played at centre, if so think he would be a possible replacement/rotation for webster - his defence is good ie strong in the tackle and has plenty of agression in attack.

onetiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by onetiger » 11 Jul 2014, 13:21

i retracked my post from yesterday about tansey and the rumours
as long as we keep winning and playing as a team that is all i can ask for as a tigers fan -coyf [tgif]

Bengal
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bengal » 11 Jul 2014, 13:54

HuddsTigers wrote:I hate this "no smoke without fire"

This rumour could have been made up by a school-kid in Cas town centre last weekend, which one of his mates has passed on and so on. All without a shred of evidence.

If something important like this would have happened, I'm sure Cas would have released a statement.
Spot on to be fair HT. To be honest, I should have known better than to even discuss it. In my defence, I was just a little concerned that if true, it may affect our chance(s) of a lifetime this season,
So I said to the Taxi driver, "King Edwards Close". He replied "It's alright we'll lose him at the next set of lights".

"If you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them" - Wayne Bennett

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 11 Jul 2014, 14:36

lurcher wrote:i don't do twitter so i don't know if jordan does. perhaps some one could ask him.
Think hudds tiger as already asked about his injury, don't think he's replied....not seen one.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 11 Jul 2014, 15:39

All the ones in the know will be raiding the cupboard to get some information from there sorsers, the problem his for the most part the sorses will be the things what sit under the cup's

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 11 Jul 2014, 16:18

Aren't they plinths ?! :dance: COYF

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 12 Jul 2014, 00:07

Anybody see him at the game?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2014, 00:34

Flat Capper wrote:Anybody see him at the game?
Yes.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 12 Jul 2014, 00:35

Bengal wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I hate this "no smoke without fire"

This rumour could have been made up by a school-kid in Cas town centre last weekend, which one of his mates has passed on and so on. All without a shred of evidence.

If something important like this would have happened, I'm sure Cas would have released a statement.
Spot on to be fair HT. To be honest, I should have known better than to even discuss it. In my defence, I was just a little concerned that if true, it may affect our chance(s) of a lifetime this season,
We can discuss his absence Bengal. I just don't think it's right to be discussing such rumours like this until Cas a) release a statement saying something has happened; or b) something is leaked elsewhere.

Other than that, I'll treat this situation as an injury.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

stevieP
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevieP » 12 Jul 2014, 10:29

I sense it may be the same injury Sione Faumauina had but hope not.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Jul 2014, 10:48

Either way tansey seems out of picture at moment wonder if dp will keep sneyd at fullback in comnents after game he said hed made change because dorn had had a dip in form
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Stan the man

Post by Stan the man » 12 Jul 2014, 19:26

Sorry duplicate
Last edited by Stan the man on 12 Jul 2014, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Stan the man

Post by Stan the man » 12 Jul 2014, 19:41

Stan the man wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:In the middle of June he hurt his knee in training.

Depends on the extent of his injury but he could have just been out a month.

I really hate rumour mongering like this, especially without a shred of evidence. If anything like this had happened, the club would have released a statement.
Like others i totally accept what you say Hudd but whether we like it or not the club itself is responsible for fans speculating. You state that they would have released a statement if there were disciplinary problems, but by the same token surely they would have released a statement if he had been injured. Why not. Tansey totally disappeared off the radar a good six weeks ago and since then absolutely nothing has been heard about him. Its as if he has ceased to exist.

In virtuallu every case a player gets injured the club make a statement about them and keep you updated. For instance we were told Boyle and Fleming had suffered season ending injuries, that so and so player is still 3 weeks off returning, or has returned to training etc etc etc. In the local Pont & Cas every week it gives you an update. When Massey was out it gave you an update on him practically every week, we were told Channing had a groin pull, Dixon a broken jaw, Gilmour an operation and so forth on every single player that gets injured. On Tansey absolutely zilch, diddly squat, he's ceased to exist. So is it any wonder that fans will start to speculate, and try to put 2 and 2 together and yes maybe come up with 5.They pay their money and are going to have their say.

I agree with what you are saying, but you have got get in the real world. If the club are not going to tell the fans anything whatsoever about him, then the fans will try to make their own conclusions and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, to prevent it. To try and do so would be like trying to be a latter day King Canute trying to repel waves at the coast.

By the way I am not knocking the club for this as they are obviuosly taking the course of action they feel is best. I am merely stating that if you do take the course of keeping mum or ssh on anything, that the inevitable natural consequence is to invite speculation or conjecture and there is nothing whatsoever you can do about it. To think otherwise is pure folly.

Grez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Grez » 15 Jul 2014, 08:57

Stan the man wrote:
Like others i totally accept what you say Hudd but whether we like it or not the club itself is responsible for fans speculating. You state that they would have released a statement if there were disciplinary problems, but by the same token surely they would have released a statement if he had been injured....

I agree with what you are saying, but you have got get in the real world. If the club are not going to tell the fans anything whatsoever about him, then the fans will try to make their own conclusions and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, to prevent it. To try and do so would be like trying to be a latter day King Canute trying to repel waves at the coast.

By the way I am not knocking the club for this as they are obviuosly taking the course of action they feel is best. I am merely stating that if you do take the course of keeping mum or ssh on anything, that the inevitable natural consequence is to invite speculation or conjecture and there is nothing whatsoever you can do about it. To think otherwise is pure folly.
The problem is that people will choose to believe what they want to believe. If the club came out with a statememnt that "Tansey has had a recurrance of his injury," it would not stop the speculation that there was something bubbling under the surface and the club statement would be seen by some as attempt to cover things up. Also, if a player was not showing in training that he was ready to return due to a real drop in form/confidence etc, the club wouldn't make that known in other circumstances, so sending that out as a statement would be so unusual, it would again be regarded as a cover up.

The only way to stop the speculation is by telling the rumour-mongers what they want to hear. If the rumours are actually not true, no anount of denial by the club will stop the gossip. That's the way life is, unfortunately.
Imagebackingcas by Grez_H, on Flickr

I of the Tigers
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by I of the Tigers » 24 Jul 2014, 10:32

Tansey again features in the pre-Hull match squad training pics (M Merrick on Facebook, pic 12 of 22) ..... ?!?! :?

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 24 Jul 2014, 11:24

Maybe he just simply isn't doing enough in training to be part of the team.

I don't see why there's the need for all these conspiracy theories