New stadium

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Re: New stadium

Post by TheSheriff » 14 Jul 2014, 13:39

Matt wrote:So you don't have to search through the terrible interface here's a direct link to the supporting document from Cas: http://ws-invinta.co.uk/thrive_not_survive.pdf
Thank you! :D
Casmania wrote:It should be noted that while the shares are available to anyone who may wish to purchase them at a price of £40 per share, they only have a nominal value of 10p per share.
There's the crux of the problem and why Cas are never going to get a serious investor, the club should be available for the debt + nominal value of the shares (and for JF some thank you for all you've done cash on top) and NOT the debt + £40 a share!

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 14 Jul 2014, 14:19

Casmania - I agree we should be focusing on the positives and backing the application. The snag is this is the first time throughout three failed attempts we have seen some facts in black and white about what is going on at the Club. It shouldn't take a planning application for fans to find out what has gone on 'behind the scenes'. It just shows how much spin and how little facts we have been provided with.

This IS positive and I hope it all goes through.

Shameless
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Shameless » 14 Jul 2014, 14:21

HuddsTigers wrote:
Shameless wrote:RW has a 19% stake in the club with the Fulton family owning 21% - rest is small investors.

No wonder he won't walk away.

RW has also invested his own personal funds into the club like JF to help keep it afloat, aside from shares.

Until someone buys those shares, he's not going to walk away and neither should he.

I agree he shouldn't, why would he. It's just that I was surprised he owns so much stock in the club. Only two percent less than JF. Just thought it was noteworthy thats all.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 14 Jul 2014, 15:07

mart0042 wrote:I can't believe that so many groups are sent for their consultation about the matter:

Barnsley Highways DC, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, British Horse Society, Royal Society For Protection Of Birds, Wakefield District Badger Group.....

Wow, I suppose you've covered the lot then.

they will be the wakey fans. :D
jo brand is eddie warings love child

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jul 2014, 15:22

amberman wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
amberman wrote:There can be a long time between planning permission being granted and anything actually starting on site. So the big questions are they going to get permission given that the council will have to change their policy on retail in this area and then if they do will Lateral be able to get tennants for the retail - especially a supermarket.
Have to say though that Lateral do look a lot more professional than the previous developers and I am more hopeful than I have ever been that something may come of all this.
I would not be shocked at all if the council told Lateral that the only way they will get planning permission is if they build the stadium, everyone wins in that case - the council get more popularity, CTRLFC get a stadium, Castleford gets jobs and Lateral make a nice tidy profit on the shops (which will all be filled in no time at all, shopping units are usually easy to sell). It looks like it will be more shopping centre type stores than a supermarket too which is easier to fill and get PP for. Remember Sainsburys are moving into B&Q and Tesco is a bit further up the road in Ponte, so there's no need for a supermaerket once Sainsburys are set up.
I have heard rumours the Sainsburys thing may not now happen - its been many months without any movement.

As I understand it the council are trying to convince sainsburys to go with the new development rather than the B&Q site hence the delay.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 14 Jul 2014, 15:28

lurcher wrote:
mart0042 wrote:I can't believe that so many groups are sent for their consultation about the matter:

Barnsley Highways DC, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council, Kirklees Metropolitan Council, British Horse Society, Royal Society For Protection Of Birds, Wakefield District Badger Group.....

Wow, I suppose you've covered the lot then.

they will be the wakey fans. :D
Since the government are culling baggers, at least we can use it as a positive and point out any if they are there. Lol.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 15 Jul 2014, 03:41

alcasfan wrote:A little more here more here.

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/yor ... ws_tracker
Reading the document highlighted how little I knew about what the club does and the issues it faces. I know that these type of documents tend to paint a negative picture in order to achieve the outcome but everything I read about the physical state if the ground seemed to be an honest evaluation.

In 2014 it is shocking and embarrasing that in a high profile professional sport that some teams choose to get changed before they get to the ground.

Any supporter that still clings to the belief that we would be better staying at WR and refurbishing the ground rather than move must have rocks for brains - or know where to get hold of £10m.

Finally a big thanks to everyone at the club that continues to put in 100% to keep raising the profile of the club in both the community and on the national stage.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Jul 2014, 10:39

What he said ^^^^^^. :clap:

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Jul 2014, 10:45

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:
alcasfan wrote:A little more here more here.

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/yor ... ws_tracker
Reading the document highlighted how little I knew about what the club does and the issues it faces. I know that these type of documents tend to paint a negative picture in order to achieve the outcome but everything I read about the physical state if the ground seemed to be an honest evaluation.

In 2014 it is shocking and embarrasing that in a high profile professional sport that some teams choose to get changed before they get to the ground.

Any supporter that still clings to the belief that we would be better staying at WR and refurbishing the ground rather than move must have rocks for brains - or know where to get hold of £10m.

Finally a big thanks to everyone at the club that continues to put in 100% to keep raising the profile of the club in both the community and on the national stage.
very true, we have been at the ground on match days early & to see the under 19 having to get into their cars to go off site to get showered & changed after playing must be difficult for motivation & to attract more youngsters to cas. whilst doing voluntary work a couple of years ago I saw some parts of the ground which are out of eye shot, which will take a fortune to rectify & even then it wouldn't be fit for purpose. I pray the new ground goes ahead.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2014, 12:55

Guys - we need to start submitting letters of support for the proposals.

Two objections already on there and one in support. Spread the word - get writing. We need this.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 16 Jul 2014, 13:03

HuddsTigers wrote:Guys - we need to start submitting letters of support for the proposals.

Two objections already on there and one in support. Spread the word - get writing. We need this.
That objection by Martin Dawson should be scrapped straight away, clearly a NIMBY who hasn't read a single point about what the plans are. If he actually bothered reading up on the plans he would know his issues are addressed.

People need to overwhelm crap like that with letters of support.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2014, 13:10

TheSheriff wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Guys - we need to start submitting letters of support for the proposals.

That objection by Martin Dawson should be scrapped straight away, clearly a NIMBY who hasn't read a single point about what the plans are. If he actually bothered reading up on the plans he would know his issues are addressed.

People need to overwhelm crap like that with letters of support.
At the end of the day, it's always expected that the residents closest to it will opposite it, along with the odd Fev/Wakey fan who would like nothing better than to try and stymie any progress Cas try to make.

However, you're right in that we should be looking to swamp this with comments/letters of support

Exact link here:

https://planning.wakefield.gov.uk/onlin ... CH5QQ90000

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jul 2014, 13:52

Locals get angry because they don't want it, the rest of us don't care and call them nimbies.

I'm neither a nimby nor a fan of other clubs but I remain sceptical about the ability to limit the impact of this development. Just because the developer supplies supporting documentation doesn't mean it is accurate and needs careful examination and scrutiny by other 'experts'.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

TigerDebbie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerDebbie » 16 Jul 2014, 15:11

I can understand that locals will have worries over the traffic and the noise etc. but the town really needs some major investment n the club also desperately need the new ground. No super league club or major investment in the town would do more harm to the area than what will be caused by the development going ahead IMO. The greater good of the town should come before anything else imo

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 16 Jul 2014, 15:34

The plans will be well and truly scrutinised by the people in the planning department and if they find a problem it will have to be dealt with, if it does go through the planners will have to build the ground first before the other parts of the development gets built, so they wont be able to squirm out of the new stadium like they have over the common.

It doesn't matter where you build anything like this, there will always be folk who are effected or people who will complain but our town can't afford to let slip such an investment. The government keep saying the unemployed numbers are dropping, or so they say, but our area has been destroyed with the closure of all the big industry's what we have lost, and there might be another in 18 months or so, so if this complex will give our area thousands of new jobs like it says we can't afford to let it pass us by.

TigerDebbie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerDebbie » 16 Jul 2014, 15:43

Frankas wrote:The plans will be well and truly scrutinised by the people in the planning department and if they find a problem it will have to be dealt with, if it does go through the planners will have to build the ground first before the other parts of the development gets built, so they wont be able to squirm out of the new stadium like they have over the common.

It doesn't matter where you build anything like this, there will always be folk who are effected or people who will complain but our town can't afford to let slip such an investment. The government keep saying the unemployed numbers are dropping, or so they say, but our area has been destroyed with the closure of all the big industry's what we have lost, and there might be another in 18 months or so, so if this complex will give our area thousands of new jobs like it says we can't afford to let it pass us by.
Excellent post n totally agree. Too good a opportunity for town to miss. The employment opportunities this will bring is a major factor why I support the application. The town and surrounding areas need jobs creating and this does this as well as gives the cas tigers the ground we need to go on and become a well run and successful club we all want n need. Life is hard n gets u down at times but the amazing feeling created at a cas game this year really can put a smile back on a persons face. Surely we all need n want to have a town n club we can proud of, not just now but for future generations as well.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 16 Jul 2014, 16:26

For me the arguemnt has the smae gravitas. There are those that state they don't want developmnt because it will detrimentally affect them and then there's the opposing argument that we need employment/investment.

Neither are particularlly valid for me and every development should be judged on its credentials.

Imagine the impact on employment a nuclear power station would bring to the area..?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tigerwood posse
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: no

Post by Tigerwood posse » 16 Jul 2014, 16:32

Thanks for the link to the comments site on the planning portal, it couldn't be easier to comment on the development whether you are for or against, obviously I am FOR :pray: :pray: BUT by being able to do this all online now and not having to write a letter or anything NOBODY as any excuse not to do it, This is our last chance to move into the 21st century, lets try and make this happen, its good for the club and its great for the town!! :clap:

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Jul 2014, 22:38

If Lateral are reading this, I do have a couple of questions that I would like to know if they can answer, if possible, please too:

1) No consideration has been given to train services from Goole/Knottingley/Pontefract/Leeds - why? Are there any plans to have discussions with Northern in the same way you have done with bus companies regarding services? Chance of more regular train services on a Sunday to encourage more fans to travel via train (currently one every 2 hrs - not good enough!)

2) Number of car parking spaces limited to 666 when stadium can have upto 2000. Again, why? I know the aim of the travel plan is to minimise car journeys but not all away fans will travel by bus. Any scope to increase this to nearer 1000?

3) The shuttle bus is planned to start on Bank Street. With the club currently owning Wheldon Rd and not expected to immediately sell it, would it not be more beneficial to encourage the club to open existing stadium car park on Wheldon Road for fans to park at with the shuttle bus beginning here, much like a park and ride? This would also benefit other local businesses in the vicinity AND the town centre by encouraging people to park up, go across to the Boot Room pub (which will likely see a vast reduction in people visiting as a result of matches no longer taking place) and also maybe allowing people time to visit the town centre too.

This would also tie in with existing regeneration plans along the waterfront. There is also a car park in operation across the road which is run privately I believe. These could also benefit initially in collaboration with the club from this and then wholly once the club does decide to sell Wheldon Rd.

If I have any more questions, I'll add them to this thread.

Allerton eskimo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Allerton eskimo » 16 Jul 2014, 22:43

Flat Capper wrote:For me the arguemnt has the smae gravitas. There are those that state they don't want developmnt because it will detrimentally affect them and then there's the opposing argument that we need employment/investment.

Neither are particularlly valid for me and every development should be judged on its credentials.

Imagine the impact on employment a nuclear power station would bring to the area..?

That's hardly a fair comparison.

A nuclear power station may well bring jobs but it ends there in terms of local benefits.

The proposal is to boost jobs, attractive investment, bring prestige and give our great town a great rugby league venue.

If we apposed this type of progress and development throughout history we'd all still be living in caves and beating our next door neighbour with a stick... Instead of hammering them at rugby league.

If the plans are approved in 10 years time nobody will remember any different. Xscape has always been there right?