Camera work.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Camera work.

Post by KB80 » 23 Apr 2014, 20:30

TheSheriff wrote:
Frankas wrote:What every one his asking for will cost the club extra money so the price will have to go up & then less will be sold & people will moan again about something or another.
Disagree with the majority of that.

Initial set up would cost money, yes, but the improvement in quality would lead to more people buying the product. Currently I have no interest in the DVDs due to 1990s quality, if they offered HD digital offerings for £60 a year, I'd be on that like a shot.

Higher quality at a good price = more people buying.

The club could subsidies the initial costs via sponsorships and crowd sourcing too as to lower the initial monetary hit.
Yep id agree with that - could be a good little earner, as a few have mentioned quality, lack of decent replays, lack of crowd noise and atmosphere put me off - would happily sign up to a a pay up front online offering of better quality.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 23 Apr 2014, 20:47

If the club did it at £60 a year that would be cheep, at the moment i buy all the games what aren't on Sky Including the cup game , if that's 18 games at a tenner it would take three people to spend the same amount of money i spend at the moment, I can't see any way the club could afford to upgrade the quality to HD digital, & include all the add-on's some are talking about, unless a large number of fans subscribe up front.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 23 Apr 2014, 21:01

Frankas wrote:If the club did it at £60 a year that would be cheep, at the moment i buy all the games what aren't on Sky Including the cup game , if that's 18 games at a tenner it would take three people to spend the same amount of money i spend at the moment, I can't see any way the club could afford to upgrade the quality to HD digital, & include all the add-on's some are talking about, unless a large number of fans subscribe up front.
Thing is if you sell them up front (IE £60 for all home games), its garenteed income - rather than been reliant on form and us winning (bet we sold very few last season). Also if it can be delivered online it saves money over burning them all onto DVD's. I bet in the current format not many buy every game mate. Also as some one has said sell some sponsership of the games - id happy put up with a few adds at the start and half time (none skipable) for a better quality production.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 23 Apr 2014, 21:02

Those cost £10 because Micron will get a cut. Hull charge £60 a year for fantastic quality media - not just game archives. It's possible to do by filling shows with sponsors.

A good Black Magic HD camera is shy of £700, if Cas could get a sponsor to buy 3 of those (down the side and one at each end), get a sponsor for hosting the website and then the new service is "Tiger TV brought to you by *insert sponsors here*". There's likely a number of Cas fans who have experience in editing who the club could approach to put together the footage after the game too.

Online video can be monetised further with pre-roll ads, clickable ads etc, unlike DVDs too.

You could even go as far as the NRL do with sponsors and the Try replays can be sponsored to bring in that bit more cash from the video archive.

Start up funding coming from sponsors and crowd sourcing (a website like Indiegogo is a good place to run that) and once it's up and running I'd say 1000 subscribers minimum isn't out of the question.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 24 Apr 2014, 03:55

Totally agree Sheriff.

The club can make more profit by tapping into various groups of fans.

1. Fans that live too far away/abroad to ever attend games (like me)
2. Local supporters who cannot attend due to whatever reason i.e illness, old age, disability, low income etc.

Offer them a package at say £80 (£6.15 per game) for all 13 home games. If 1,000 people purchase this before the season commences then the club get = £80,000

Then there are two other groups of supporters:

1. Those who do not buy a season ticket as their work patterns mean they miss a few games per season, and,
2. Those that want to watch the game after they have been to the match

So offer one-off games at £10 each. If on average just 100 people do this per game = £13,000

I've no idea what levels of sponsor you could get as outlined by The Sheriff but this service could well bring in £100,000 plus each season.

da_jimbob_7
League One Player
League One Player
Twitter: Jimmothylad

Post by da_jimbob_7 » 24 Apr 2014, 08:11

When doing player sponsorships there ads could be broadcast after each try and before a try replay. So the charging player sponsorships more, especially for the likes of carney, shenton, dorn etc that score regularly.

If they did a deal to watch all games online for £60/80 I would sign up as I make very few games due to work and finances.

Long live the Tigers!!!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 24 Apr 2014, 09:43

I think we'd definitely be interested at about £60 for the year. Albeit it's facilities for me every club should have set up, as many fans can't get to away games. These would be more popular than home ones. These should be available to stream online also. Say £100/£120 for the full season ticket, Obviously a subsidiary payment would be made to the clubs out of the total then for the rights to their games.
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 24 Apr 2014, 13:56

The club could really earn some extra £££ if done correctly

Advertising space could be sold for half time so a selection of adverts. as mentioned the player sponsors could be mentioned when they score.

I for one would love a proper CasTv online streaming which would include Player interviews, Match highlights home & Away, advertising could also be sold on here I would happily pay a monthly fee for this as many would.

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 24 Apr 2014, 20:10

Some excellent ideas on here, I really hope someone takes note and looks into them. I noticed a few posts from users who think we are complaining. Putting some constructive ideas to make money for the club we all love is not 'moaning'.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Apr 2014, 20:15

All these ideas have been pitched to the club from myself.

I sent across a Word document detailing revenue routes and appropriate sponsorship costs based on existing sponsorship charges.

If anyone wants to carry this forward then I'd be more than happy to share this. A lot of this comes down to time; existing staff have little of it, and if you get other people in to do a full-time job creating video content, you're effectively wiping out the money you make unless you can make more than £15k.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 24 Apr 2014, 21:26

If this got up and running would the club lose money from people not attending and taking the cheaper option of watching it on DVD or on line ?

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 24 Apr 2014, 22:04

Might be a risk but if you dont make it avail ible until monday after game it should be minimal.

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 25 Apr 2014, 02:04

HuddsTigers wrote:If anyone wants to carry this forward then I'd be more than happy to share this. A lot of this comes down to time; existing staff have little of it, and if you get other people in to do a full-time job creating video content, you're effectively wiping out the money you make unless you can make more than £15k.
HT, does the £15k refer to annual costs to set up such an operation? If so that is a low cost option.

Posters on here have put a lot of ideas forward to create a great opportunity it would be such a shame if the club/supporters that have these skills cannot get this sorted for next season.

I liked the comment about extending it to cover away games.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 25 Apr 2014, 18:57

That's just the salary of a full-time member of stuff to come into the Media team and do all this stuff. It's a full time job in itself and I'd say requires someone with experience putting together quality content.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 25 Apr 2014, 20:23

There wont be many people with the skills to do a full time job, who would do it for £15k ????

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 25 Apr 2014, 22:51

There's more people with editing skills without a job in the field than ones in it, it wouldn't just be the 15k for them - the experience on the CV works wonders.

So, to price it up and where money could come from:

Editor = £15k p/a
Cameras x3 = ~£2040 (sponsorship can cover this)
A good editing PC = £700-£1000 (could approach Gibson Computers or someone like it here and again go the sponsorship route, if not it comes out of the subscriptions)
Website setup + servers = ????

So you're looking at about 18.5k-19k for the first year, take away what sponsors can contribute and sell in-content ads to further subsidies the content, 1000 subs @ £60 each is £60k too, that's not too bad at all.

misschris
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by misschris » 25 Apr 2014, 23:31

No. And if a job's worth doing...