Squad for Sunday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Squad for Sunday

Post by the machine » 16 Apr 2014, 19:17

Maybe hes just not doing enough to impress powell and orr
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

amberman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by amberman » 16 Apr 2014, 19:23

the machine wrote:Maybe hes just not doing enough to impress powell and orr
He looked ok when he did get a chance didnt he?

viva brad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by viva brad » 16 Apr 2014, 20:25

Or maybe powell is saving tansey for what he mqy consider to be a tougher test.....warrington on monday

hunterman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by hunterman » 16 Apr 2014, 20:52

What is wrong with tansey? His suspension is done. I thought he started the season really well and looked really solid at the back.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Apr 2014, 21:09

viva brad wrote:Or maybe powell is saving tansey for what he mqy consider to be a tougher test.....warrington on monday
Precisely.

We have a squad and I'd keep some experienced players for Warrington too, hence Tansey, Webster, Massey and Gibson
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 16 Apr 2014, 21:48

Personally the prospect of Owen at FB terrifies me, the 2012 season seem to ruin him as a FB, his confidence seems shot to bits, he seems to be regaining it playing on the wing, I wouldn't want him to have a nightmare game and end up back at square 1.

I'd like to see Clare given a chance, his errgency to return the ball is outstanding and has shown he has the ability to break the line when defences are tired.

I'm confident DP will make he right decisions for both Friday and Monday

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 17 Apr 2014, 09:35

TheSheriff wrote:1. Owen
2. Carney
3. Shenton
4. Channing
5. Clare
6. Finn
7. Sneyd
8. Lynch
9. Clark
10. Huby
11. Millington
12. Holmes
13. Milner

14. Ellis
15. Wheeldon
16. Boyle
17. Mariano

Go for the kill in the first 20 with Milner & Clark on the pitch. Mariano has out performed Hauraki recently who could do with the rest.
I could live with this team for the wakey game. I'd probably go with scrabble over Boyle, but won't quibble.
I am concerned at full back though as Dorn will be a massive loss; he's been steady in defence and quality in attack. I think we'll really miss him joining the attacking line as defenders are scared of his pace and he isn't overused so defenders are always guessing whether he's going to join in or not. COYF!
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

MattD
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MattD » 17 Apr 2014, 11:32

Im am quite confident we will see Clare at FB and owen on wing. Powell Tried Clare at FB in pre season friendly and we went well.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 17 Apr 2014, 12:08

HuddsTigers wrote:
viva brad wrote:Or maybe powell is saving tansey for what he mqy consider to be a tougher test.....warrington on monday
Precisely.

We have a squad and I'd keep some experienced players for Warrington too, hence Tansey, Webster, Massey and Gibson
Doesnt do enough for me (Massey), I would have started him in this one over Warrington. Dont see him progressing at all, would look to move on in the summer.

MattD
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MattD » 17 Apr 2014, 12:31

[/quote] Doesnt do enough for me (Massey), I would have started him in this one over Warrington. Dont see him progressing at all, would look to move on in the summer.[/quote]

Completely agree with this. For me he doesn't do enough to warrant making the 18 unless injurys hit

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 17 Apr 2014, 14:14

The team the Sheriff has posted looks pretty much the same has I would play on Friday, My only change would be at hooker, & loose forward, I would put Milner at hooker & Clark at loose forward, that would give him the opportunity to play for the full eighty, & with his speed & skill he could cut holes in Wakys defence.

When Owen came in he looked back to his old self, he played tough & took the half chances well, but he got some sort of infection in his arm what knocked him back, with luck he his over it now, & ready for the Wildcats.

If Carney has a bad ankle like some say our back's will be Clare, Shenton, Channing & Owen, leaving us looking for a fullback & the only one I can find his Snayd, due to us being without Tansey & Dorn but that's has fare has I would go in the way of changing the team round.

But it's all idle speculation, every one in the 18 man squad might be fully fit & the only change's would be for Dorn & Webster, at fullback & centre respectively.