Stadium plans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Stadium plans

Post by old cas lass » 21 Apr 2014, 13:04

TigerDebbie wrote:Could make the mentioned streets permit holders only and give all the residents a couple of permits each for them n their visits. They will be a solution to most problems to make them manageable surely
That is one idea, only problem with that is some will abuse it
Fans coming late will just dump there cars were there is a space, no matter if its permit holders only or not.
I lived on a street were it was permit holders only but made no difference cars still parked there.
You need it to be policed and I think that would cost to much for the club.

Using cones you can have a steward or even someone living on that street who would be willing to marshall the cones for 3/4hrs.
Residents could be given some sort of pass so officials know who does and doesn't live on that street/road.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 21 Apr 2014, 13:06

Many stadiums are in housing estates and they have found ways to deal with parking issues and they get used a lot more than the Cas stadium will.
The consultation process is to iron out the problems for residents and other people. There are many options and not everybody will be happy, that's how life works. What is good for one person may not be good for another and its up to the builders to find adequate solutions, I'm sure they will.

TigerDebbie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerDebbie » 21 Apr 2014, 13:47

old cas lass wrote:
TigerDebbie wrote:Could make the mentioned streets permit holders only and give all the residents a couple of permits each for them n their visits. They will be a solution to most problems to make them manageable surely
That is one idea, only problem with that is some will abuse it
Fans coming late will just dump there cars were there is a space, no matter if its permit holders only or not.
I lived on a street were it was permit holders only but made no difference cars still parked there.
You need it to be policed and I think that would cost to much for the club.

Using cones you can have a steward or even someone living on that street who would be willing to marshall the cones for 3/4hrs.
Residents could be given some sort of pass so officials know who does and doesn't live on that street/road.
A steward could take photographs of illegal cars and have an agreement in place with the council/police etc to pass the evidence on n fines be handed out, people would soon stop doing it

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 21 Apr 2014, 15:58

I could fully explain how permit holders only schemes work but it does get complicated and of course, there are 3 pro rugby teams in the Wakefield district with all the surrounding residents asking for such schemes.

Also, if you've read the press lately you'll be aware that charges are likely to come in for permits so it begs the question why residents have to pay for a solution to a problem they did not create?

But simplest of all, you cannot make parking restrictions a planning condition as it predetermines the outcome which in turn renders the process illegal.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Tiger Fig

Post by Tiger Fig » 22 Apr 2014, 00:24

I spoke to one of the consultant at Glasshoughton about this concern (parking on the Spittle Hardwick/ Gypsy Lane side. He informed me that consultation had already taken place with the Council and a way of enforcing parking restrictions on game day 's had been discussed.
Although he couldn't 't go into detail ( his words not mine) he said the restrictions would be managed very strictly.
In my view the local Police Neighbourhood Team should have a couple of PCSO's patrolling the area anyway with so many members of the public in attendance.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 22 Apr 2014, 10:57

Got a feeling this will run and run. These things never run to a planned timescale.

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 22 Apr 2014, 11:42

All the streets around Salford's wonderful (sic) stadium had notices about parking on match day to the effect that
it was restricted to residents only.

Which is the sensible option......................................................but

In view of WMDC government founding cuts I cannot see Cllr.Box (even though he is a cas fan) allocating monies FOC for resident permits/barriers/cones when we (in glass Houghton) are faced with the prospect of have to pay for the privilege of parking 24/7 outside our homes.
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce