Stadium plans

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Stadium plans

Post by Di » 03 Apr 2014, 23:08

10245513_10154001789360531_155770046_n.jpg
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Stadium plans

Post by GThornton » 03 Apr 2014, 23:22

It doesn't look as though it interferes with or is close to any houses. The M62 junction looks complicated though.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 03 Apr 2014, 23:44

Don't think M62 is much different to be honest.

Road from Xscape is moved further out towads the site, freeing up a diagonal road straight from M62 to stadium site rather than leading it on to roundabout road and blocking up that.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

c'mon

Post by c'mon » 04 Apr 2014, 00:01

Pedestrian access will be the issue.
Lots of people coming via exscape / railway etc
Crossing a multi lane road will mean pelican crossings and further traffic disruption as well as what appears to be multiple crossing points.
That will need serious consideration.

Dont get me wrong I am for not against but access is everyone's gripe at every ground. Pushing foot traffic across cars is a big no no even with crossing points due to how it slows traffic flow.

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Apr 2014, 00:12

maybe a footbridge?
jo brand is eddie warings love child

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 04 Apr 2014, 04:49

Don't see much in terms of car parking in close proximity to the stadium. Footbridge to Escape would be highly desirable. A lot of supporters of both Cas and visiting teams will want to visit the bars and restaurants at Escape after the game.

dude
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by dude » 04 Apr 2014, 06:12

c'mon wrote:Pedestrian access will be the issue.
Lots of people coming via exscape / railway etc
Crossing a multi lane road will mean pelican crossings and further traffic disruption as well as what appears to be multiple crossing points.
That will need serious consideration.

Dont get me wrong I am for not against but access is everyone's gripe at every ground. Pushing foot traffic across cars is a big no no even with crossing points due to how it slows traffic flow.
how many days out of the year will it happen? we only play 13 home games i think with possibly some challenge cup games and maybe even a home playoff game

Adelaide Tigurrrr!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Adelaide Tigurrrr! » 04 Apr 2014, 06:39

The plan looks feasible and generates both leisure and retail services. I'm looking forward to this coming off and providing the club with a great opportunity to grow commercially

My only comment is where do peope park if they cannot park at the ground?

Spittal Hardwick Lane approach - will parking be available along the access road from SHL? Or will parking be available in SHL itself? The only other option is to park on the Gypsy Lane estate or whatever its called now and that must be a 15 minute walk providing you get parked up.

Park Road side - Will people be able to park in the spaces opposite the new shops at the side of the ground? Will Xscape be available for parking or have staff patrolling their car park to stop home/away fans parking there? Will residents of Stainburn Avenue approach the Council to make their road permit parking only?

Finally, if i'd have stayed in Cas i could walk to the stadium from Smithson Avenue!

All the best to the Board in moving this forward.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 04 Apr 2014, 07:57

Adelaide Tigurrrr! wrote:The plan looks feasible and generates both leisure and retail services. I'm looking forward to this coming off and providing the club with a great opportunity to grow commercially

My only comment is where do peope park if they cannot park at the ground?

Spittal Hardwick Lane approach - will parking be available along the access road from SHL? Or will parking be available in SHL itself? The only other option is to park on the Gypsy Lane estate or whatever its called now and that must be a 15 minute walk providing you get parked up.

Park Road side - Will people be able to park in the spaces opposite the new shops at the side of the ground? Will Xscape be available for parking or have staff patrolling their car park to stop home/away fans parking there? Will residents of Stainburn Avenue approach the Council to make their road permit parking only?

Finally, if i'd have stayed in Cas i could walk to the stadium from Smithson Avenue!

All the best to the Board in moving this forward.
Spent over 20yrs living in smithson ave.

billy the fish
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by billy the fish » 04 Apr 2014, 08:30

Parking is not an issue for me, Walking distance now (£3 to park up my drive for anyone with a season ticket 8) 8) 8) )
Want To Learn To Drive ?
Pass In 3-6 weeks or Weekly lessons, PM for Details - Discounts For Forum Members - http://www.trainwithdave.co.uk/

big-fish89
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by big-fish89 » 04 Apr 2014, 09:51

The ground will have more car parking space than the current stadium i believe
BLEEDING BLACK AND AMBER SINCE 1989
LOYAL LOUD AND PROUD
2O12 CHALLENGE CUP FORUM PREDICTIONS WINNER
OUR CAS OUR CLUB OUR COMMITMENT

Mojoxc

Post by Mojoxc » 04 Apr 2014, 09:54

sorry to say, but this will never happen for all sorts of reasons...........as they say 'pie in the sky'!

stevem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevem » 04 Apr 2014, 10:08

And you name not one ?

stevem
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stevem » 04 Apr 2014, 10:13

usacas wrote:Don't see much in terms of car parking in close proximity to the stadium. Footbridge to Escape would be highly desirable. A lot of supporters of both Cas and visiting teams will want to visit the bars and restaurants at Escape after the game.
Im sure the aim of any club building a new stadium is to attract the supporters to the facilities within the ground early, then to keep them there as long as possible spending?

legionited
League One Player
League One Player

Post by legionited » 04 Apr 2014, 10:24

I think they are possibly shown on here but are the pylons and power lines likely to cause any issues?

welshy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @Tom__jones

Post by welshy » 04 Apr 2014, 10:54

Why are people so negative, It may not happen but it just might!!! Let's be positive and what are the so many reasons why it won't happen?

I have full faith in SG that he will see this project through to completion!!!!

Hillary Briss
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hillary Briss » 04 Apr 2014, 10:57

Perhaps a multi storey carpark - build up instead of a larger footprint

plus generates cash another renenue stream - xscape and J32 is a nightmare at christmas - park n ride....

pre-pay in advance like at an Airport with number plate recognition etc. Keeps traffic flowing enterance and exit is much quicker too

TigerB33
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TigerB33 » 04 Apr 2014, 11:50

Hillary Briss wrote:Perhaps a multi storey carpark - build up instead of a larger footprint

plus generates cash another renenue stream - xscape and J32 is a nightmare at christmas - park n ride....

pre-pay in advance like at an Airport with number plate recognition etc. Keeps traffic flowing enterance and exit is much quicker too
Great idea, been to Saint twice both times parked in a multi storey for a pound just over the foot bridge. Easy access and would stop match day traffic potentially clogging up local streets.

Obviously this would come with its own cost maybe something to put to developers or maybe an outside car parking company (NCP)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 04 Apr 2014, 12:19

i think i can remember ponty park being used as a park and ride for christmas shopping periods. park in the park and bus into ponty. it could work the same for the stadium. parking on the grassed areas dosn't seem to do much damage on race days.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 04 Apr 2014, 12:51

legionited wrote:I think they are possibly shown on here but are the pylons and power lines likely to cause any issues?

No they're on the plans, shown by small coloured squares - every so often (one in the middle of the car park)
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!