2014 fixtures

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Re: 2014 fixtures

Post by mart0042 » 19 Nov 2013, 10:12

[/quote]I aren't missing anything pal. I'm there through thick and thin. We have the final home game to say "farewell" to departing players. Does it really matter if that is round 26 or 27? Why start ranting about 7 weeks without a home game? Wasn't that due to the Exiles game along with our inability to beat a bunch of part timers?[/quote]

You're kind of missing the point, this isn't a "I'm a bigger fan than you competition", its not about the paid up season ticket holders or the die hard fans that come through rain or shine.
The facts are that Cas have more chance of winning when we play at home in front of our fans, when we win the crowds increase, when we lose they go down. With this in mind, playing at home gives us a better chance of winning, increasing our crowds, increasing the money to the club and from there it rolls on.

Saying farewell to players on our own turf is important and fans know that, fans that don't or can't travel away. Saying goodbye the week before is a hollow gesture when done when they are still players for you and have another match to play.(booing players who are leaving to go to other clubs doesn't make then give more for the last game)

The 7 matches without a home game could kill a club without a financial backer or quality financial staff. As is shown when clubs go belly up when there is little income in the off-season. People are used to going down WR every other week, if you give them a big gap, things get organised and Cas gets put further back in their minds and financially we lose out.

Anyway, its nice that these discussions are of maybe a trivial nature whilst JF keeps funding us but it would be nice to have a level playing field. Merry Christmas.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Nov 2013, 13:12

I agree with much of what you say marty and would add that the weather in the height of summer can also play a part for those less elaint upon attending games. A 7 week break at the height of summer will result in more games during times of inclement weather when crowds will inevitably be lower.

For me the fixtures have to strike a balance and be spread evenly across the whole season with either the first or last game being at home. having glanced across the full fixture list for 2014 there are a number of clubs with the first and last games at home whilst Cas join the company of Leeds and Saints with the two fixtures away.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 19 Nov 2013, 13:59

.[/quote]
I aren't missing anything pal. I'm there through thick and thin. We have the final home game to say "farewell" to departing players. Does it really matter if that is round 26 or 27? Why start ranting about 7 weeks without a home game? Wasn't that due to the Exiles game along with our inability to beat a bunch of part timers?[/quote]

Regards the 7 week without a home game I was told by someone very close to cas tigers that during that 7 week period last year we were very very close to folding due to the lack of cash coming into the club,I am not having a pop at you I am just pointing out how important it is not to have long periods without the home game revenue coming in.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 19 Nov 2013, 14:21

On the rare occasion these periods happen tho surely the club should be doing anything and everything to bring money in?? Not saying their before i get lynched,this would be where a new stadium with top notch facilities would be handy
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

papa
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by papa » 19 Nov 2013, 15:07

the machine wrote:On the rare occasion these periods happen tho surely the club should be doing anything and everything to bring money in?? Not saying their before i get lynched,this would be where a new stadium with top notch facilities would be handy
No need for a lynching, you are correct on both counts, the club and its volunteers do try to raise as much as possible through many varied events (such as next Friday's 'Thai night' down at the ground)
... and a new stadium/better facilities would also certainly help.
If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 19 Nov 2013, 16:05

The club tries so hard and I give all I can to the cause but it ends up with JF footing the bill. A level playing field is all we ask.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 19 Nov 2013, 18:40

chodbin wrote:
big-fish89 wrote:Barnet FC chairman Tony Kleanthous has confirmed he has held talks with London Broncos over the Super League club moving to The Hive, but nothing has been agreed.

"The RFL are a pretty forward-thinking organisation. I am quite impressed by them
This fellas obviously new to the game
Also who is in talks with Barnet?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

meltiger1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by meltiger1 » 20 Nov 2013, 11:46

my family and I are going to Catalan for the first time tips please who to fly with and were to stay

CptChunderpants

Post by CptChunderpants » 20 Nov 2013, 14:08

post by meltiger1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 am

my family and I are going to Catalan for the first time tips please who to fly with and were to stay
Hi, we booked our flights out on Monday night - we are flying to Perpignan from Birmingham on Thursday 11th and back on Tuesday 16th (5 nights) the flights are with Ryanair and they were about £95 each (they will only continue to go up in price though) we're staying at an hotel by the beach near Perpignan, its a pretty nice hotel by the looks and its cost £250 each for flights and hotel for 6 of us. cheaper hotels could be had in the centre of perpignan which would've brought this price closer to £200 but we wanted a pool etc

Me and my partner flew into Gerona (nr Barcelona) last time and went to Lloret de Mar. Catalan Sports Tours do matchday transfers from any resort up the coast in Northern spain for either £27 or £47 (i cant remember) - I'm not sure i'd ever want to do that again though 'cos the amount of travel is brutal, probably not so bad if you're on holiday for longer than a few days though.

but yeah, the airports you want to be flying into are Gerona, Barcelona or Perpignan although with Barca and Gerona you are a fair few hours away from Perpignan itself - www.skyscanner.net is a good place to start looking for flights

meltiger1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by meltiger1 » 20 Nov 2013, 18:02

thanks for your reply

orrsome
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by orrsome » 21 Nov 2013, 13:32

meltiger1 wrote:my family and I are going to Catalan for the first time tips please who to fly with and were to stay
We have booked:
Flights from Leeds Bradford to Barcelona Fri 12/9, Return Mon 15/9.
Stay in Lloret de Mar, Royal Beach Hotel.
Catalan Sport Tours can supply airport and matchday transfers.

Hope this helps

TheUndertaker
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by TheUndertaker » 24 Nov 2013, 14:22

meltiger1 wrote:my family and I are going to Catalan for the first time tips please who to fly with and were to stay
One tip - get there earlier than you think you should if you can afford the time - got well messed about last season with kick off time changing.

the40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the40/20 » 24 Nov 2013, 14:58

the thing that annoys me more than anything is the Sky involvement moving games from Saturday to Thursdays.
on two occasions (this will happen to all clubs not just ourselves) we have a 3 day turn around to play another match.
how can they expect teams to be ready in that short space of time?!

Sun 4th May KO: 15:00:00, The John Smith's Stadium
Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers

Thu 8th May KO: 20:00:00, Wish Communications Stadium
Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos

having to face two of the top teams in such a short space of time like this gives me another reason to be P****D off with Sky :evil: :P

Ooooooohhhh BOOTROOM...

STEVE GILLS BARMY ARMY

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 24 Nov 2013, 18:31

Sky have pigged about with the fixtures for years, changing the dates from Friday & Saturday, then Friday & Monday because there's no football, & now Thursday & Friday, until something ells takes the spot like Darts & then it will be changed again.
It shows where Sky priority are with the non existence of them bidding for the world cup, or even giving RL a mention whilst the cup is going on, so your not by your self being pee'd off with Sky it's becoming increasingly common with a lot of fans, & know every club will have to go through a period like the Easter period three times rather than one.

the40/20
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by the40/20 » 24 Nov 2013, 19:28

Frankas wrote:Sky have pigged about with the fixtures for years, changing the dates from Friday & Saturday, then Friday & Monday because there's no football, & now Thursday & Friday, until something ells takes the spot like Darts & then it will be changed again.
It shows where Sky priority are with the non existence of them bidding for the world cup, or even giving RL a mention whilst the cup is going on, so your not by your self being pee'd off with Sky it's becoming increasingly common with a lot of fans, & know every club will have to go through a period like the Easter period three times rather than one.

Good post Frankas
Been a massive darts fan myself it never crossed my mind about fixtures for superleague clashing
They'll use one of there 4 channels they have I'd have thought to juggle it around

I'll also be VERY disappointed when them idiots get commentating after the breath of fresh air we've had with the commentators of the world cup

Ooooooohhhh BOOTROOM...

STEVE GILLS BARMY ARMY

GThornton
League One Player
League One Player

Post by GThornton » 26 Nov 2013, 01:03

Anyone else noticed the 2014 FA Cup final will be on the rugby league magic weekend.

vinniedog
League One Player
League One Player

Post by vinniedog » 26 Nov 2013, 07:34

GThornton wrote:Anyone else noticed the 2014 FA Cup final will be on the rugby league magic weekend.
I think that's called forward planning, well done Nigel

cas tigress
League One Player
League One Player

Post by cas tigress » 26 Nov 2013, 13:01

Par for the course from the numptys running RL

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 27 Nov 2013, 13:18

GThornton wrote:Anyone else noticed the 2014 FA Cup final will be on the rugby league magic weekend.
Who cares? RL wins every time for me

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 27 Nov 2013, 13:50

we've (rugby league) just had a positive mention on prime ministers question time.
jo brand is eddie warings love child