Tigers Together/Tigers Trust thread

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Tigers Together thread

Post by Steelcityman » 08 Aug 2012, 21:22

Is this not the same as the supporters club thing?

Is this a different group of people?

Who are the TT group and how were they formed?

How do they get the access to the facilities when the supporters club members have to subscribe to get similar events?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2012, 21:25

Tigers Together is completely different to the Supporters Club and are two different vehicles.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Steelcityman » 08 Aug 2012, 22:05

Ok so who are they?

Who runs it and who makes all the decisions?

Why do they appear to get events for fans to attend, nothing wrong with that by the way, yet if the supporters club do anything you have to be a member with a subscription fee.

Just curious questions, not saying both shoudnt be in existence.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 08 Aug 2012, 22:30

The Supporters Club are the Fundraising arm bringing in money to the club towards things such as Junior development and also are the link between the club and the fans. They charge money so that fans can go toward all the main events such as Meet the Directors, coaches, etc. It also gains entry into the supporters club bar

Tigers Together aims is about promoting Castleford, helping to market the club in the local community and putting on events to raise the profile of the club through the fans. All money raised tends to go towards the Tigers Trust. It was created as an off-shoot from the Fans Forum.

There was a post about the aims and objectives of Tigers Together but I can't seem to find it.

I am sure Casmania can shed a better light on it view.

It is run by a committee and not an individual.

Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Steelcityman » 09 Aug 2012, 18:07

So thats a forum, a supporters club and now this. How can 3 different parties all do the same with the same, or what appears to be the same, objectives and targets/goals?

What with the club as well then surely this is saturation and the fact that one group has to pay for the priveledge but the other 2 dont appears a touch unfair? Why would anyone join a subscription group when there are 2 alternatives?

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 09 Aug 2012, 23:12

Steelcityman wrote:So thats a forum, a supporters club and now this. How can 3 different parties all do the same with the same, or what appears to be the same, objectives and targets/goals?

What with the club as well then surely this is saturation and the fact that one group has to pay for the priveledge but the other 2 dont appears a touch unfair? Why would anyone join a subscription group when there are 2 alternatives?
The Supporter's club has been going since 2004 (I believe) and have raised over £50,000 for the club, mainly donating to youth development. The subscription fee is part of the money raising they undertake each year. For your subscription you get to go to the supporters bar on match days and also attend their monthly events - the highlights being Meet the Coaches and Meet the Directors.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Steelcityman » 09 Aug 2012, 23:16

Which is all good and well and I am sure takes some arranging but similar kind of events, question of sport for example, are run for the other gorups without subscription. Surely if all 3 were working together then this would make them stronger as a unit and subsequently make the brand stronger and more appealing.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 09 Aug 2012, 23:22

Steelcityman wrote:Which is all good and well and I am sure takes some arranging but similar kind of events, question of sport for example, are run for the other gorups without subscription. Surely if all 3 were working together then this would make them stronger as a unit and subsequently make the brand stronger and more appealing.
But those events you have to pay significantly more to get in each time, for every event.

For the Supporters Club you pay £5.00 up front and £1 for major events, free for smaller events.

They operate completely differently with different aims. SC is to raise money for the club, TT is for Charitable causes and fundraising, as well as raising community awareness of the club and its fans.

The Fans Forum is a group of people that meet frequently to discuss club issues and give feedback.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 09 Aug 2012, 23:41

Steelcityman wrote:Which is all good and well and I am sure takes some arranging but similar kind of events, question of sport for example, are run for the other gorups without subscription. Surely if all 3 were working together then this would make them stronger as a unit and subsequently make the brand stronger and more appealing.
The aim is to make money for the club, following your suggestion would instantly reduce income by something like £3,000 just in subscriptions alone. Also many of these events are attended by the same people each month - the recent Jon Wells one had 45. Rising the price per event to cover the £3000 loss will I suggest lower attendance. Also you can see from the 45 above and lots of posts on this forum, many people don't go to these type events. For example the biggest attended events are Meet the Coaches/Directors, but too many people don't take the opportunity to go themselves but all want the information afterwards.
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Steelcityman » 10 Aug 2012, 00:05

Ok, fair enough. Just wondered what they all were and how they worked really. Must be praised for their efforts but somehow I feel they could be even better than they probably are given more support and more communication between the 3 groups and the club over coming years.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 10 Aug 2012, 00:15

Please find the Tigers Together terms of reference below.

Terms of Reference.

Mission statement

To promote and support Castleford Tigers Rugby League club, and to strengthen the bonds with its fans, the wider community and to safegaurd and enhance the future of the club.

Objectives

1) To establish and develop an effective working partnership with the club

2) To maintain a two-way channel of communication between the Tigers Together, on behalf of the fans, and the club on matters of mutual interest.

3) To pursue all possible measures to obtain the widest range of fans views

4) To plan, define and deliver key initiatives in association with the club that are beneficial to all stakeholders, in cluding fans, the wider community and businesses

The Tigers together evolved from the club led fans focus forum group some two years ago. In that time we have hosted a number of events from Galas to sports evenings and have met with the club and discussed a number of issues.

We are not just about fund raising - although we have raised nearly £8000 in the last 12 months, which has been/is being used in a number of ways via donations to the club and the clubs charitable foundation.

We shall very shortly be launching our official web site, further details of our activities and involvement will be available there.

Hopefully this clarifies things for you.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Steelcityman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Steelcityman » 11 Aug 2012, 11:58

Thanks for that Casmania. Interesting to read and it looks exactly the same as the supporters club to me.Having said that at least we can see what you are doing and you dont mind sharing it without having to pay a fee for it.

Good luck with your quest and initiatives.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 24 Aug 2012, 12:36

Next event car boot sale Sunday 23rd September.

http://www.castigers.com/article.php?id=2475

Come down, make some money or pick up a bargain.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 26 Aug 2012, 20:13

Come down, make some money or pick up a bargain - alll profits going to the Tigers Trust charitable foundation.

Please contact info@tigerstogether.co.uk for any further information

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 04 Oct 2012, 23:31

Tigers Together group raise over £10,000

http://www.castigers.com/article.php?id=2542

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 30 Nov 2012, 00:54

Another batch of classic DVD's will be available from Saturday 1st December, priced only £9.99 each and will make ideal Christmas presents.

All proceeds will go towards the Tigers Trust charitable foundation.

Already available:

Castleford v Salford 1969 Challenge Cup Final
Castleford v Wigan 1970 Challenge Cup Final
Castleford v Hull KR 1986 Challenge Cup Final
Castleford v Wigan 1994 Regal Trophy Final
Castleford v Hull FC 1986 Yorkshire Cup Final
Castleford v Wakefield Trinity 1991 Yorkshire Cup Final

Additional ones to available from Saturday Ist Decemebr are;

Castleford v Bradford 1991 Yorkshire Cup final
Castleford v Halifax 1986 Charity Shield, Isle of Man
Castleford v Leeds 1968 Yorkshire Cup Final (B/W)
Castleford v Featherstone Rovers 1977 Yorkshire Cup Final
Castleford V Leeds 1988 Yorkshire Cup Final
Castleford v Wigan 1992 Challenge Cup Final
Castleford v Blackpool Borough 1977 John Player Final

These will bring back a few memories i am sure.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 09 Mar 2013, 19:24

Grab your chance to win a unique framed photo collection. Raffle tickets only £1 from the club shop, Carlton Lanes, raffle drawn in April.

allertoner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by allertoner » 09 Mar 2013, 19:32

Is that the same as the one on the wall in the Platinum Lounge? If so it'd be a great item to have on the wall at home, looks really good.

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 10 Mar 2013, 13:59

allertoner wrote:Is that the same as the one on the wall in the Platinum Lounge? If so it'd be a great item to have on the wall at home, looks really good.

No. very similar.

MY CLUB. MY CAS

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 08 Apr 2013, 13:59