Richie Owen

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Richie Owen

Post by old cas lass » 24 Aug 2008, 23:29

What was he pointing at on his right wrist after he scored one of his tries.

He did it right at the camera, tattoo or did he want to know the time.
Would love to know what it was.

datemyplate.com
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by datemyplate.com » 24 Aug 2008, 23:30

he was pointing towards his tail I think..

WheldonLaner
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WheldonLaner » 24 Aug 2008, 23:31

just watched the match :dance: Something to do with his Granddads initials Ronnie Owen he passed away and its to remember him

Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Post by Di » 24 Aug 2008, 23:35

WheldonLaner wrote:just watched the match :dance: Something to do with his Granddads initials Ronnie Owen he passed away and its to remember him
correct he writes RO on the strapping on his wrist and as pointed out his Gradad passed away last year and it a way of remembering him
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 24 Aug 2008, 23:40

Awww thats really nice.

Thanks for that.

buck981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by buck981 » 25 Aug 2008, 13:27

there are big calls for shenton and westerman for england but owen looks just as good last few weeks he should be in the training squad 40 for me any way
Steve - Egg chaser Fan !

sthornley1981
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sthornley1981 » 25 Aug 2008, 13:35

buck981 wrote:there are big calls for shenton and westerman for england but owen looks just as good last few weeks he should be in the training squad 40 for me any way
with the level of improvement and experience, i would expect him in the squad, maybe not this year but definately next year. :clap: well done richie
DINK DANK DOO!

WRIGHT IS POO!

gazemous
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by gazemous » 25 Aug 2008, 14:02

He has been absolutely outstanding this year, will certainly be pushing for international honours in a few years time if he continues his progress.

Owen, Westy, Shenton, Huby, Boyle - five reasons to be extremely excited about the future of Cas.

NORTHWALESTIGER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by NORTHWALESTIGER » 25 Aug 2008, 18:59

To be honest I expected Ryan to show more improvement than he has.I know he plays in a position where you dont reach your peak until your mid 20's but in my opinion he's not much further on than last year. I have a feeling that TM see's it the same hence his reduced game time. I think that maybe a year with a leading NL team would help him develop quicker.
Wheldon Lane - The Theatre of Dreams

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 19:04

NORTHWALESTIGER wrote:To be honest I expected Ryan to show more improvement than he has.I know he plays in a position where you dont reach your peak until your mid 20's but in my opinion he's not much further on than last year. I have a feeling that TM see's it the same hence his reduced game time. I think that maybe a year with a leading NL team would help him develop quicker.
Have to agree with that, although think back to SL 06 and Craig Huby. He played 22 games but you got the feeling TM was sometimes reluctant to use him unless we had no props fit. Craig had a great year in NL1 following relegation and it was like signing a new top player when he returned from injury.

With the pack signed / retained for 09, if a few more faces are added then I can see Boyle getting even less game time. Yes he should be in the squad and yes lets hold onto an other great local talent, but at his age is he better playing 1st team rugby every week for a year?
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 21:41

Owen as matured more than i ever thought he would, personally i thought Joe would struggle in is first year never mind Owen.

Forget Joe for a minute, Owen has been pretty awesome this year and has scored a decent tally of tries, i think the Shenny/Owen partnership should'nt be broken up.

You saw how well they played last night together. Owen for me can definately only get better and i feel sooner or later he will find himself somewhere in the internationals honour.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 25 Aug 2008, 23:31

Great wingers often have an equal just inside them at centre. A good partnership should be developed and not brioken up. Over time they can beconme very destructive with each knowing what the other will do long before it happens.

These two could realistically play ten years together so I hope they stick together.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 23:33

Flat Capper wrote:Great wingers often have an equal just inside them at centre. A good partnership should be developed and not brioken up. Over time they can beconme very destructive with each knowing what the other will do long before it happens.

These two could realistically play ten years together so I hope they stick together.
Of course that is scary and brilliant that they could become such a dominant force with both still being very young and local lads!

FANTASTIC.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 25 Aug 2008, 23:51

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:Great wingers often have an equal just inside them at centre. A good partnership should be developed and not brioken up. Over time they can beconme very destructive with each knowing what the other will do long before it happens.

Of course that is scary and brilliant that they could become such a dominant force with both still being very young and local lads!

FANTASTIC.
Agree but they still need the pass . 8)

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Bonzo
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Bonzo » 26 Aug 2008, 09:44

Owen is by far the most improved player in our squad this season. Ironically had relegation still been in place, he probably wouldn't have got that chance.
"Mr Underwood, You are truly a master of the mysteries that are not revealed to us mere mortals."

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 26 Aug 2008, 12:32

Bonzo wrote:Owen is by far the most improved player in our squad this season. Ironically had relegation still been in place, he probably wouldn't have got that chance.
I always found that excuse quite puzzling?

Although I agree that Own has improved over the course of the season, at the start of it he clearly showed signs of pace and finishing power. If a players looks good enough, why should the threat of relegation prevent his inclusion in regular game time? If they're good enough, they're old enough.

More importantly, previous seasons have taught us that the 'experienced' pro doesn't necessarily prevent relegation!
Spreading the Cas gene pool