Just seen this.....

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 21 Aug 2008, 21:55

judd23 wrote:
Bone! wrote:Is anybody actually bothered about this World Cup?

Im as fussed as i am for the Olympics - its a waste of fresh air.

Do ya think the players are bothered? they should stick with the Try-Nations, I actually felt the need to support them and got excited about it when it was GREAT BRITAIN. Now with Aussies playing for America, Scotland etc, its just a joke, it really is.

Stevo goes on about how great this game is, the thing is, the whole world will laugh at us.

Australia and New Zealand have always been the big guns in international Rugby League, Great Britain have too. Now with it being changed to ENGLAND, SCOTLAND, IRELAND, WALES, it dampens our hopes and leaves us less strength, where as the Aussies and Kiwi's are just the same as before.
RFL is a joke when they talk about this world cup. The Qualifiers was a joke, was anybody bothered about not qualifying?

I hope to god i am proved wrong, but in all honesty, I wont make an effort to get up early and watch it.

But all the same, I hope Joe and Michael give it their all and just show that Cas does have talent.

leaves us less strenght yeah not half i wish horne( the only non englishmen playin for gb now that cunningham as retired) was in our team hes great

hes a load of rubbish its better as england it just doesnt sound as gud
:?

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 21 Aug 2008, 23:44

Has this list been confirmed yet?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 25 Aug 2008, 08:54

Without Amber coloured glasses... Anyone think Gleeson is a better option at Centre than Shenton for England?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 09:49

Sigon wrote:Without Amber coloured glasses... Anyone think Gleeson is a better option at Centre than Shenton for England?
On experience you might say yes, but on current form no. Going into the season you'd have to have said Shenny was behind a fair few English centres......

Senior
Gleeson
Yeaman
Atkins

As the season draws to an end, there's only Senior IMO who's form is ahead of Shenton. Certainly should be in the squad, but would be a huge call to pick him from the start. Get him and Joe selected for the Wales game and take it from there.
Adrian Flynn's career low was playing for Featherstone - "Horrible Supporters"

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 14:28

Gleeson was absolutely horrendous last night (and to be honest this season).

I can understand him playing Senior has in all fairness Senior as been ok and scored a fair few tries and very experienced.

Maybe im saying this as a bias Cas fan but i think Shenny should take the 3 shirt and if it does'nt work then mybe look for other options then.

But he's been very very good in top games as Shenny and yersterday outshone King and Gleeson 2 interntionals with more games for there Countries than probably all Cas players put together.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 16:19

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Gleeson was absolutely horrendous last night (and to be honest this season).

I can understand him playing Senior has in all fairness Senior as been ok and scored a fair few tries and very experienced.
Be honest now, how many Warrington games have you watched?

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 17:07

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:Gleeson was absolutely horrendous last night (and to be honest this season).

Well everytime they've been on Sky i barely ever miss games live on Friday nights or Satrday evenings.

So everytime Warrington have been on Sky basically.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 25 Aug 2008, 18:19

Well last time Wire was on Sky, Gleeson was fantastic (versus Saints), and to be fair he has had a very good season for me...you must be watching a different game to me.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 18:22

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:

Well everytime they've been on Sky i barely ever miss games live on Friday nights or Satrday evenings.

So everytime Warrington have been on Sky basically.
Well as Fully has rightly pointed out, Gleeson was very good in their last Sky game against Saints.

So basically he had an off night last night, you've translated that to every Wire game and thus all season. Hmmmmm.

Did you watch him score twice against France for England, or does that not count either?

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Aug 2008, 18:26

Steadman_4_PM wrote:

Well as Fully has rightly pointed out, Gleeson was very good in their last Sky game against Saints.

Did you watch him score twice against France for England, or does that not count either?

That's 2 games out of how many.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 18:29

old cas lass wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:

Not being funny, but I'll ask you the same..... how many times have you seen Gleeson play this year?

I've seen him play around 7 times and I still wouldn't feel confident about saying he's been rubbish all season. Only Wire fans who've seen him week in week out can really make comments like that with any real accuracy.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 25 Aug 2008, 18:44

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
Steadman_4_PM wrote:

Not being funny, but I'll ask you the same..... how many times have you seen Gleeson play this year?

I've seen him play around 7 times and I still wouldn't feel confident about saying he's been rubbish all season. Only Wire fans who've seen him week in week out can really make comments like that with any real accuracy.
Not saying he's been good or bad all season, could'nt careless to be honest, i dont have a clue how many times i've seen him play this season, i watch every sky game and seen our 2 home games against warrington, i dont keep a count on individual teams

you ask WRE how many times as he seen MG play, you said you've seen him about 7 and in them 7 games you say he had 2 good games, against saints and france. WRE says he doesnt think he's had a good season.

Imo he's been steady nothing to set the pulse racing.
Though he did have a very good game v france.

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 18:48

old cas lass wrote:WRE says he doesnt think he's had a good season.
Just to save you scrolling up, here's what they did say....
Hasn't had a good season is very different to being absolutely horrendous. That's all I'm trying to say that none of us have seen enough of Gleeson to say he's been horrendous all season.

rich
League One Player
League One Player

Post by rich » 25 Aug 2008, 20:41

Steadman_4_PM wrote:
old cas lass wrote:WRE says he doesnt think he's had a good season.
Just to save you scrolling up, here's what they did say....
Hasn't had a good season is very different to being absolutely horrendous. That's all I'm trying to say that none of us have seen enough of Gleeson to say he's been horrendous all season.
You could try to show people that they are wrong without trying to belittle them. Maybe a little more tact would work :pray:
]
When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For their tomorrow, We gave our today

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 21:31

Jeez..... I'm not trying to do anything other than say perhaps the comment about Gleeson was a bit over the top.

I've no problem with people saying what they think, its a free country and all that.............I just fancy there's a lot of sweeping statements on here that have very little by way of fact or evidence behind them. ;)

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 21:38

To be fair though Steady he has had a poor season, maybe he found a little bit of form when Jimmy Lowes took over but last few games hasn't been great at all.

I though he was pretty damn greedy last night and bombed 2 tries for them through it.

Whether or not he was just poor last night or we went out to attack both him and king i don't know, but whatever we did we kept King quiet and we kept giving Gleeson a good hiding everytime he got the ball.

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 25 Aug 2008, 21:41

He was poor last night because Warrington were. Their style of rugby was so boring. Drive it up the middle. The wings never saw it. Hence why King got outplayed by Shenton.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 21:41

Interesting reading.....

Maybe not as poor as you think?

Steadman_4_PM
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Steadman_4_PM » 25 Aug 2008, 21:55

Linky

Peter Fox vs Richard Owen, again missing last night but still makes very interesting reading. Fox is often regarded as the form winger in SL after Gardner, so surprising that Owen is ahead in many areas.

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 25 Aug 2008, 21:58

Iv always thought Owen was one of the form English wingers, theres not many wingers that i would swap him for at the moment.