Season Ticket Prices released

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 17 Aug 2008, 21:31

Fully wrote:I would never expect Cas to lower them as considerably as that. But it would be a good idea if Cas tried marketing new ideas. The half season ticket was pretty good a few seasons back, and I'd consider purchasing one for when I'm not at Uni.

I'd say that we're now becoming one of the most expensive clubs, and the value for money has not even been that good this season. If I was being really negative I'd say that the fans have paid for a crap side, mediocre entertainment played in a rundown dilapidated sports venue.

We really do deserve better. Never mind, while the club believe we're still getting "value for money", the fans will continue to drift away.
i woulnt expect them to lower them, but would be good if they was to give us away matches like the kids get :D
.............................I

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 17 Aug 2008, 21:34

Bone! wrote:
Fully wrote:I would never expect Cas to lower them as considerably as that. But it would be a good idea if Cas tried marketing new ideas. The half season ticket was pretty good a few seasons back, and I'd consider purchasing one for when I'm not at Uni.

I'd say that we're now becoming one of the most expensive clubs, and the value for money has not even been that good this season. If I was being really negative I'd say that the fans have paid for a crap side, mediocre entertainment played in a rundown dilapidated sports venue.

We really do deserve better. Never mind, while the club believe we're still getting "value for money", the fans will continue to drift away.
i woulnt expect them to lower them, but would be good if they was to give us away matches like the kids get :D
They cant -- i asked RW about this and unfortunately the other clubs wouldnt go for it - I said would there be an option for an away season ticket but unfortunately they cant do it
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 17 Aug 2008, 21:47

So when do our season tickets ever become £80?

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 17 Aug 2008, 21:52

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:So when do our season tickets ever become £80?
Never -- We can attract fans without dropping the prices
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 17 Aug 2008, 21:53

dettoriman wrote:
It doesn't matter if we can attract fans with the prices, but fans sometimes need to know that there BOD have the good intentions of rewarding fans with something or the other.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 17 Aug 2008, 21:54

WHELDON-ROAD-END wrote:
dettoriman wrote:
It doesn't matter if we can attract fans with the prices, but fans sometimes need to know that there BOD have the good intentions of rewarding fans with something or the other.
We cant afford to do it unless it doubles our attendences - The club rely on the income from season tickets to survive
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 17 Aug 2008, 21:56

dettoriman wrote:
How many could we attract with cheaper prices though?

Approximations of course but:

2000 adults x 180 quid = 360k

To equal that would mean 3,600 paying adults at a cut price of 100. That's an attainable target for me.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 17 Aug 2008, 21:58

Fully wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

To equal that would mean 3,600 paying adults at a cut price of 100. That's an attainable target for me.
To be fair it was more a joke but theres no reason why we couldnt just cut season ticket prices for next year and then when we move into new season put them normally.

We will need all the money for the stadium as possible.

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 17 Aug 2008, 22:06

Can anyone answer this for me, When was the last time the club gave something back to the fans ?

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: @nogis

Post by Sigon » 17 Aug 2008, 22:08

Wicksy wrote:Can anyone answer this for me, When was the last time the club gave something back to the fans ?
From memory

Cheap travel to Salford away a couple of years back
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 17 Aug 2008, 22:09

Sigon wrote:
Wicksy wrote:Can anyone answer this for me, When was the last time the club gave something back to the fans ?
From memory

Probably paid for by sponsors. Wasn't it free travel to Salford?
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 17 Aug 2008, 22:19

the only time i remember was free travel to Widnes in 2004 and we still took nobody over there.

London Broncos away was a time, which i know was sponsors but it gave ack to the loyal fans aswell as the whole town who hardly watch them. Cas was empty that day.

somethin like that again would be awesome, although I realise something like that wouldnt be possible.
.............................I

Wicksy
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Wicksy » 17 Aug 2008, 22:25

Fully wrote:
Sigon wrote:
From memory

Probably paid for by sponsors. Wasn't it free travel to Salford?
As it always is Fully .

I mean come on, all the blood sweat and tears and the support of almost all fans to keep going this season to enhance our franchise bid, when we took beating after beating, and the club give you a WE GOT A FRANCHISE PARTY and charge the fans £2.50 for a 4 pence hotdog :shock: I mean i can understand the outrage at the AGM, well were £200.000 in debt but the party for our franchise was the worst culprit it cost us £500 quid . But no they made maybe £1500 on us . Thanks Cas fans .

Maybe they don't want to stand down because they want to rectify the mistakes they've made in seasons gone by.

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 17 Aug 2008, 23:31

Wicksy wrote: As it always is Fully .

I mean come on, all the blood sweat and tears and the support of almost all fans to keep going this season to enhance our franchise bid, when we took beating after beating, and the club give you a WE GOT A FRANCHISE PARTY and charge the fans £2.50 for a 4 pence hotdog :shock: I mean i can understand the outrage at the AGM, well were £200.000 in debt but the party for our franchise was the worst culprit it cost us £500 quid . But no they made maybe £1500 on us . Thanks Cas fans .
Do any of the other SL clubs give their fans anything?
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

cutsyke tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cutsyke tiger » 18 Aug 2008, 00:13

Sigon wrote:

Of course some clubs actually give value for money for their entrance fee's thats something we have not seen for a long time at cas,

The Happy Hooker
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Usually found between open side and blind side prop

Post by The Happy Hooker » 18 Aug 2008, 11:51

Bone! wrote:

Isn't this where our Marketing Department(sic) swing into action .... viz

How can we attract more season ticket holders (since this is money in the bank so to say) to detract from the price in crease in season tickets

How can we encourage the EXISTING season ticket holders to renew their tickets

What 'incentives' can we as a club offer the undecided supporters to buy a season ticket

There's more to 'selling' a product other than 'early bird offers' etc .....you've only to look at Commerical and Industrial organisation to pick up ideas

Think of how Supermarkets INCREASE their market share in a very very tough economic climate .........the 'spart to catch a mackeral syndrome' .....two for the price of one and many many more.

The one area where we could ENCOURAGE season ticket sales is an offer of 'cut price' season tickets ( I know this will probably choke RW) on production of 2009 season ticket when/if :pray: we move into the new stadium at Glass Houghton
We await his second coming, Chuck Hardisty MkII

"It does not require many words to speak the truth"...Chief Joseph, Nez Perce

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 18 Aug 2008, 11:59

Fully wrote:
dettoriman wrote:

Except of course that the 'new' season tickets holders would probably be existing 'pay on the gate' fans. So if you assume that they currently average 10 games a season, at the gate they would pay collectively £256,000. But with an £80 season ticket they would only pay £128,000. A shortfall of £128,000.

So you would need another 1,600 new, never attend Cas matches, people to buy season tickets to achieve the same income.
cum on you Ford

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Aug 2008, 12:19

Many of the 'pay on the gate' fans do so because they don't attend all home matchesand subsequently pick and choose when they want to go.

A cheaper season ticket may encourage more of these types of supporters to turn up more often whoch would then increase the opportunity to increase sales in other aspects such as merchendise and food/drinks sales. A fan with more money in his pocket

I'd certianly be tempted to purchase a season ticket price around the £80/90 mark, a figure Cas have not had out of me for two years running.

I still think it's a massive gamble though and without the possibility of someone like Ken Daby to underwrite any losses, I can't see RW & Co being anywhere near brave ebough to tempt fate.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Amy
Championship Player
Championship Player
Twitter: AmyBecca88

Post by Amy » 18 Aug 2008, 12:20

Did all the current season ticket holders get their letters this moring from "Joe Westerman" asking to renew your season tickets ?

2-4-1 at Nando's again
50% off match ticket price for MM
Round 4 free admission to challenge cup
Tigers Den shop discount
Free room hire at the Jungle
Priority Purchase (Whatever that is :? )
Free admission to home Reserve games
~*~ Amy Loves Riley ~*~
CasForum's Happiest Couple
CasForum's Sexiest Female

Sigon
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Sigon » 18 Aug 2008, 12:32

cutsyke tiger wrote:
Sigon wrote:

Of course some clubs actually give value for money for their entrance fee's thats something we have not seen for a long time at cas,
So Saints, Leeds and Warrington yes. Everyone else no