Magic Weekend heads to Murrayfield

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Di
Verified
Twitter: @diddididi64

Magic Weekend heads to Murrayfield

Post by Di » 14 Jul 2008, 19:40

The RFL is delighted to confirm that as part of the event’s continued development and growth, Rugby League’s Magic Weekend will be played at Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Stadium next May and be accompanied by a highly attractive admission offer for club season ticket holders.

The Magic Weekend - where a full round of engage Super League fixtures are played in one city over one weekend – will be staged on Saturday May 2nd and Sunday May 3rd following a two year agreement between Super League (Europe) Limited, Scottish Rugby Union (SRU) and other local partners.

The 2009 Magic Weekend sees the city of Edinburgh hosting top class Rugby League for the first time since 2002, when the Challenge Cup Final took place at Murrayfield.

And as well as the exciting move to the Scottish capital next season, engage Super League season ticket holders will be able to take advantage of an amazing 50% discount voucher enabling them to buy Magic Weekend day tickets at half price.

The move to Edinburgh also means that supporters can look forward to a bigger and better all round experience throughout their stay with the city offering a huge choice of accommodation, an incredibly wide selection of restaurants as well as a hugely expanded game-day entertainment programme in and around the stadium.

Sally Bolton, the RFL’s Director of Events and Projects, said: “We are delighted to announce these new and exciting details of the Magic Weekend.

“After successfully introducing the concept in 2007 and 2008 and firmly establishing it in the Rugby League calendar, we believe our plans for 2009 will take the event to the next level and offer supporters a unique family entertainment experience.

“A number of cities had expressed an interest in hosting this event but we believe this new location has all the right ingredients to continue its development.

“The concept of the Magic Weekend is all about taking the sport on the road and staging engage Super League in prestigious and exciting cities.

“Each August the city hosts the world famous Edinburgh festival and for the next two years it will host a carnival of Rugby League in early May.â€
Casforum is a non-profit website. We rely on donations and forum advertising to keep the site alive. If you'd like to donate please contact any administrator. In return we'll give you a shiny new forum rank!

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Jul 2008, 19:41

Not bad, Cardiff was a little bit of a let down but we can always try and if it does'nt work then obviously a new venue!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 14 Jul 2008, 19:42

I arent happy - I would have preferred it to have stayed in Wales
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

wastedyears1981
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Eating a baloo burger in the WRE behind the sticks.

Post by wastedyears1981 » 14 Jul 2008, 19:42

Brilliant news, edinburgh is an awesome place to go and a good night out. Would be a brilliant weekend regardless of the scoreline this time

Time is a great healer, unless its a rash. Then your better off with ointment - Holly, Red Dwarf

speedy
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: @casrlfc

Post by speedy » 14 Jul 2008, 20:27

Right city for a good drink, lots of sightseeing. Im off "Dirty Dicks" here i come, added with a tipple in the Hard Rock Cafe amongst others :dance:

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 14 Jul 2008, 21:14

Can't say I am happy.

The MM this year was a pathetic event. We got stuffed, but the whole day was just a joke IMO, I hated every single minute of it.

Maybe it's just because we had been to France the week before and had such an amazing and unforgettable time and Cardiff brought us back down to earth.
I just can't seem to Mingle with other supporters though, I struggled mixing with the Wakey fans on the sponsored walk.

Is all this just me being a miserable git or does others feel this way.

The RFL is a complete farce, i mean, whats all this "Super League Europe" nonsense, the game is a laughing stock nowadays.

I aren't even gonna bring the world cup farce into this with all the Aussies playing for USA and SCOTLAND, IRELAND etc - thats a farce and this MM weekend where we play allover the country each year is making it pathetic.

I know they are trying to promote the sport, but they are even trying to bring a Australian Welsh team into Super League, how much more of a joke can this sport get?

I said I wouldn't attend Cardiff again and Jockland is gonna take some thinking about :evil:

fenton
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: AFenton90

Post by fenton » 14 Jul 2008, 21:18

Agree.

Why cant we just have 1 home game and 1 away game a season.

I dont want to play a team 4 times a season and then go and play them again in a place i dont want to go.

Bad for out game!!!

Bet the Aussies are howling at how much of a joke our game is.

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 14 Jul 2008, 21:20

I cant see it lasting tbh. like the Dirty French.. people will get fed up each year of booking time off work and spending a hell of aload of cash to watch their team!

Its good while its here I suppose, but people will start turning away.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 14 Jul 2008, 21:23

Bone! wrote:Can't say I am happy.

The MM this year was a pathetic event. We got stuffed, but the whole day was just a joke IMO, I hated every single minute of it.

Maybe it's just because we had been to France the week before and had such an amazing and unforgettable time and Cardiff brought us back down to earth.
I just can't seem to Mingle with other supporters though, I struggled mixing with the Wakey fans on the sponsored walk.

Is all this just me being a miserable git or does others feel this way.

The RFL is a complete farce, i mean, whats all this "Super League Europe" nonsense, the game is a laughing stock nowadays.

I aren't even gonna bring the world cup farce into this with all the Aussies playing for USA and SCOTLAND, IRELAND etc - thats a farce and this MM weekend where we play allover the country each year is making it pathetic.

I know they are trying to promote the sport, but they are even trying to bring a Australian Welsh team into Super League, how much more of a joke can this sport get?

I said I wouldn't attend Cardiff again and Jockland is gonna take some thinking about :evil:
I dont particularly mind the idea mate - In cardiff but we got it bad this year
We had been to france the week before,
We Got tonked
We had to travel 4 hours down on the day and knew we had the sam journey back
You hate other supporters with a passion

I was wanting to stay overnight or for the weekend next year if it was in cardiff, But i dont hate other teams fans - And i would hope we would put up a good fight and maybe get a win - making the weekend all the more enjoyable

I dont know about scotland though - I like the setup of the Millenium stadium with all bars etc near it -- Dont know if edunburgh is the same
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 14 Jul 2008, 21:28

I haven't been on a Night Out in Edingburgh but from what I hear, its just as good, if not better.

I don't hate other supporters with a Passion! I just don't like mixing with them.

Some are ok, but at a match, I just don't get along with other supporters, wether I like the team or not.

Well, Its not that I dont get along with them, I just wont ever make an effort to speak to them, by choice anyway.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 14 Jul 2008, 21:29

Bone! wrote:I haven't been on a Night Out in Edingburgh but from what I hear, its just as good, if not better.

I don't hate other supporters with a Passion! I just don't like mixing with them.

Some are ok, but at a match, I just don't get along with other supporters, wether I like the team or not.

Well, Its not that I dont get along with them, I just wont ever make an effort to speak to them, by choice anyway.
Well we know you hate leeds and you and tracy had enough of the wakey fans on the walk too :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Bone!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bone! » 14 Jul 2008, 21:44

well Leeds arent even in the question to speak to.

I never moaned about the Wakey fans untill Tracy opened her mouth, then I finally had my moan. :lol:

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 14 Jul 2008, 21:46

Bone! wrote:well Leeds arent even in the question to speak to.

I never moaned about the Wakey fans untill Tracy opened her mouth, then I finally had my moan. :lol:
I noticed that - You were fine - Until we caught the rest up - And then tracy spoke and you turned :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Jul 2008, 22:28

Basically i will be going to watch Cas and watch Cas strictly! i won't be stopping the weekend or for the full day i may have a few drinks beore, during and after but thats it, Cardiff was expensive as hell and im sure Scotland will be too! And has for playing Leeds and Wakey 4 times this year its ridicolous its 4 extra games that we shouldnt play and let them who are in England team at end of year for Australia to recover weeks earlier instead of trying to make season longer.

Half Acres Halfwit
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Half Acres Halfwit » 14 Jul 2008, 23:08

Been to Edinburgh twice now and I much prefer it to Cardiff,the ground is only a 15 minute walk from the city centre and Silver street is packed with bars and cafes of every type.
When I went to the challenge cup final,the locals were more than friendly and would always give advice on the best places to eat and drink and it was much cheaper than Wembley/London.

HEY YOU GU-UYS!!

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by dettoriman » 14 Jul 2008, 23:12

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Been to Edinburgh twice now and I much prefer it to Cardiff,the ground is only a 15 minute walk from the city centre and Silver street is packed with bars and cafes of every type.
When I went to the challenge cup final,the locals were more than friendly and would always give advice on the best places to eat and drink and it was much cheaper than Wembley/London.
Good enough for me 8)
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

Fully
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Fully » 14 Jul 2008, 23:13

Edinburgh is excellent.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACCOUNT CLOSED WITH OWNERS PERMISSION

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 14 Jul 2008, 23:15

Half Acres Halfwit wrote:Been to Edinburgh twice now and I much prefer it to Cardiff,the ground is only a 15 minute walk from the city centre and Silver street is packed with bars and cafes of every type.
Don't get me wrong Wembley is a stadium Englands needed for years! but the sorroundings aren't owt to shout about, apart from wembley walk and the few bars around there, there the only things that are enjoyable! so yeah i can see why its better than London!

Casmania
Verified

Post by Casmania » 15 Jul 2008, 00:10

Fully wrote:Edinburgh is excellent.
I'll second that-had a fantastic challenge cup final weekend there (much better than cardiff) it will be even better having my team to cheer on

WHELDON-ROAD-END
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by WHELDON-ROAD-END » 15 Jul 2008, 00:59

Cardiff was nothing to shout about anyway!